Search results

1. try1256

Cleaned the 7 Kappa's Polydomes

What do you think? Before After
  2. try1256

Mr. Pig is top notch

Bought a Sota arm board from John. He is a great AKer to deal with. Don't hesitate to do business with him. Thanks John!
  3. try1256

Kappa 7 vs Kappa 7a

Hi gang! I have a nice set of the Kappa 7's and am really enjoying them. I frequently see references online to 7 and 7a. What changed between the 7 & 7a and how do I tell which one I have? Thanks!
  4. try1256

SME phono cable

I have the M2-9 on my TD-160. It is a wonderful combination. I am using the Van Den Hul cable that came withe the arm. It seems to be good with the 160 as far as weight and flexibility. The stock SME cables don't get a lot of respect on the net but I have nothing to compare it to. What cables...
  5. try1256

So how much difference would an SME M2-9 make...

On my TD-160. I have done all the resto-mods but am still using the TP-16. Cartridge is an Audio Technica OC 9 MLII. It sounds great but as always, there is probably more. The reason I ask is that a lightly used one has come up locally for a decent price. If it is still available, I was...
  6. try1256

Finally pulled the trigger....

Well I finally got around to pulling the trigger. Last night I ordered an Audio Technica OC9 ML II from Turntable Needles. The have them for $353.00, free shipping and I had a $5.00 gift card. The process of deciding was quite stressful. I flirted with the idea of spending much more money but in...
  7. try1256

Is "search" working

Everything I put in comes up with no results. I would have searched to see if someone had already asked but.... it isn't working.
  8. try1256

I think I need to visit NYC.....

My daughter is in New York on business and when she checked in to her room, she was greeted with this. I might want to stay there sometime.
  9. try1256

R.I.P. Merle

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2016/04/merle_haggard_dies_on_birthday.html
  10. try1256

Headshell weight and effective mass

A while back, I replaced the TP-60 headshell on the TD-160 with the Schopper model sold on Ebay. The TP-60 weighs 10.2 gr with wires attached. The Schopper is 9 gr. Is there any way to easily figure out the impact of the 1.2 grams less weight in the head shell on the effective mass of the...
  11. try1256

Grado compliance/tone arm match question

I have been contemplating buying a new cartridge for the TD-160. I have the TP16 arm so I need something to match 16.5g eff. mass. I have a Grado F1+ mounted now. I have heard that the compliance for the original stylus was 35 cu, way too high for the arm but it still works out quite well. I do...
  12. try1256

There is a solution to the problem of DC voltage in your AC power!

Last week, I noticed the transformer in my newly acquired Yamaha AX-900u was humming. I posted this thread for assistance. http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/calling-all-yamaha-tech-gurus………-help.702474/#post-9427488 Well, after the kind responses and a little digging, I...
  13. try1256

Calling all Yamaha tech guru's………..HELP

I have a recurring problem which is causing me much angst. I own 2 Yamaha amps, a CA-810 and an AX-900u, both fine amplifiers. Quite some time ago, I noticed the transformer in the CA-810 began to buzz. Nothing in the audio signal, just mechanical. I attributed it to the age of the amp and...
  14. try1256

New Stylus

The stylus on my MC-705 finally gave out so I ordered the ATN-35E from LP Gear. The 705 is an MC cart with a replaceable stylus which is cool. Manfred (Lini) here on AK had recommended the 35e as a replacement for the 705 since it is from the same family and has a better diamond, square shank...
  15. try1256

New Feet!

I have been on the hunt for a P-mount Direct drive Technics TT for a friend of my daughter. Found one on CL and included were a few extra's that included a set of Audio Technica isolation feet with the spirit level. The table was in primo condition and the price was right so I picked it up...
  16. try1256

Thumbs Up for Jenkster !

Bought the Yamaha AX-900u from Jenkster. He treated me right. Packed very well for the cross country trip. Arrived in perfect condition as described. Thanks my friend, pleasure doing business with you. :beerchug:
  17. try1256

Class A solid state or triode tube

Price being equal, would you prefer a class A SS amp that produces 20wpc or a tube amp that will do 50wpc in triode?
  18. try1256

Private message/conversation feature

Is the feature not working? I sent a couple of messages that got no response. Kind of unusual.
  19. try1256

Pioneer PL-50 auto return mechanism

The PL-50 is a great turntable and I know lots of members here have them and have had problems with the auto return. Mine has given me problems as well and I have done pretty extensive study on the causes of the failures. The nice thing is that unless there is something broken in the mechanism...
  20. try1256

Pretty good Father's Day

I guess I am easy to buy for. Oldest daughter gave me these cool coasters that look like little records, the box is the turntable. My younger daughter was home from California and brought me a 180gr Mono reissue of Otis Reddings, Dock of the Bay that she bought for me at Amoeba...
  21. try1256

Diy sut

Diy sut Hum, A while back I ordered these transformers from ebay to build myself an SUT so I could use my PX-3 with my Pioneer and Sansui amps. I finally got around to putting it together. It actually works as far as increasing the signal from the LOMC cart but I have a nasty 60hz hum. I...
  22. try1256

NS1000m tweeter problem

I rotated the NS1000m's into the main listening room and it has been nice. Tonight, I decided to hook up the AU-517 and give a listen. The highs seemed a bit weak on the right side. Thought it might be a dirty pan pot so I gave it a few brisk rotations, no change. Hooked the CA-810 back up...
  23. try1256

CA-810 hum

I have recently developed an audible hum coming from my CA-810. Not through the speakers, from the unit. I figured it was transformer hum. I removed the cover and the transformer was pretty hot. A couple of days ago, I opened it up to check and adjust the idle current and I noticed when the...
  24. try1256

5 way binding posts

Got these in the mail yesterday...:banana::banana: For my NS-1000m's. Same ones as are being sold on the Bay for $20+ Got these from Parts Express for $2.88 each plus shipping. Just over $11 total. fit perfect and are easy to install.
  25. try1256

NS-1000M finally sounds good

I have been struggling to get these to sound good in my music room. I have had them since the early 80's and used them in a number of environments including a Professional recording studio. They had always sounded good but in my music room the just didn't seem to fit. My Klipsch sounded much...
Back
Top Bottom