Search results

1. c5corvette

Raspberry Pi 4 with Wifi??

Thanks, will do and report back in a few days!
  2. c5corvette

The solution to my question is probably here, but this is where I have no experience. How do I see the UI? What is DHCP? Access the UI via wifi IP password?? I have no clue on how to do this.....
  3. c5corvette

Recently added Pi4 loaded with Ropiee to my headphone amp/dac so that it is a Roon endpoint. The Pi is ethernet enabled. I would like the flexibility to move headphone setup to another room that does not have ethernet access. I have checked several YT videos about enabling wifi but it seems all...
  4. c5corvette

Tidal Premium or HiFi

Ironically, guilty as charged by cancelling Tidal.:) That said, found it terribly difficult to hear any SQ difference between Qobuz and Tidal.
  5. c5corvette

Tidal Premium or HiFi

After watching videos, I temporarily stopped my Tidal subscription. Too many unknowns for a premium priced service. Will stick with Qobuz and await new Spotify lossless tier.
  6. c5corvette

New KEF Subwoofer KC62, channeling Sunfire?

No I did not. Seller can't give me a shipping date, so I canceled order until availability improves. Where did you purchase yours?
  7. c5corvette

Spotify HiFi is a lossless streaming tier coming later in 2021

More than likely, artist prefer to upload their tracks in FLAC format.:)
  8. c5corvette

Beginner solution recommendations for streaming, please

First you could download the XM (or free Spotify app) to your ipad. Now you can stream music from ipad. Next you want to feed stream into dac. You can connect apple lightining>aux cable> dac, but the ipad will need to be near the Parasound. Next option is to "cast" from ipad to Parasound, but...
  9. c5corvette

Tips, Tricks, Cheats and Shortcuts

A lead in to my suggestion. A listening session with absolute ZERO distractions, both audible and visual. Increase volume slightly more than usual, turn off lights, and tune out everything but the music. Usually makes you appreciate your current setup.
  10. c5corvette

Need HELP with a CD player

Nah, that's too easy..:)
  11. c5corvette

DAC for Vintage SX-1250

I recommended it for two reasons. First, I have it and enjoy it. Secondly, it is in the same price range as the Cambridge and Topping units you mentioned in your original post.
  12. c5corvette

DAC for Vintage SX-1250

I would recommend the Bluesound Node 2i. Great streamer, nice sounding DAC, and controlled with the BluOS phone app which is a great interface.(and it has optical output).
  13. c5corvette

CDs vs. Amazon HD streaming

How many months or years of time spent ripping?
  14. c5corvette

How do you store/display your headphones?

If you watch Guttenberg's YT channel, seen his headphone tree.
  15. c5corvette

Streamer with good display on a budget

Node 2i is controlled with the BluOS app, phone, tablet, or desktop versions.
  16. c5corvette

New KEF Subwoofer KC62, channeling Sunfire?

Well I just bit the bullet and ordered the KC62 sub to pair with my LS50 Meta's. Won't get it until late March/early April, but excited nonetheless!
  17. c5corvette

Cambridge Audio - CXN v2 Network Player

Damn! That's a lot of music! Nice. BTW- I have the CXNv2 and very happy with it.
  18. c5corvette

Desktop Speaker Recommendation

If you are considering active speakers, I've been considering the KEF LSX Wireless for my desktop. If I find them with a nice discount in the future, will grab a set.
  19. c5corvette

NAS or Roon?

Yea, you are correct. In my original post I did a terrible job of describing my concern, I apologize. When I started ripping, my primary concern was where to save all the flac files? Will I need an external device i.e. NAS? In the end, my iMac with 1tb of storage will easily suffice. I will then...
  20. c5corvette

NAS or Roon?

They now offer $13 month to month, no long term commitment.
  21. c5corvette

The Core is where Roon will find files for playback. The Roon set up will locate your files on your network. For now my "core"is my iMac.
  22. c5corvette

Controlling Blusound from Laptop vs Iphone

I don't think it should matter. Your desktop, phone, or tablet is just a controller. Stream is feed directly to streamer.
  23. c5corvette

For some, me included, absolutely worth it. For others, perhaps not. Check it out. Free for two weeks.
  24. c5corvette

NAS or Roon?

Soon after I posted this thread, I activated 14 day trial with Roon. Installed software, set up Roon, downloaded app to iphone and ipad. Up and running in less than 10 minutes, and have been experimenting with Roon for many hours. Roon checks all the boxes and does exactly what I need, and it...
  25. c5corvette

Agreed. Just trying to give the OP some choices. I just got the Meta's recently. I was on the fence with the active wireless Meta's but there was no availability. On back order I suppose. I like them.
Back
Top Bottom