Search results

1. quaddriver

HK Citation 17S and 19 - the darnedest thing....

Someone dropped these off for a resto. They work, he said he had em since birth, I did 4 units for him in the last 2 months so he wants me to get bizzy on this. So ok, at 45-50 years old its a full cap, silicon in the power supply and treat everything on a case by case basis. Ok, there is the...
  2. quaddriver

heh heh, Im feeling ninja, lookie what I did...

I dont need a phono pre-amp, all my daily drivers have one, but I had the parts so.... I had scrapped out a TT that had one built in, switchable on/off. It might have been a Fisher or Sansui - they put out some real turkeys in the late 80s early 90s. when I scrap stuff out I used to take...
  3. quaddriver

Last night....

...I couldnt get to sleep at all... oh wait, wrong song.... ok, so I had not really ordered parts in close to a year and I mostly glossed over the disco notices... It appears to me, there are exactly no low leakage coupling caps in EC format left in the US? I found a place in ontario that...
  4. quaddriver

Dumb, prolly answered SX780 question

Have on on the desk/bench/worktable. The sub list and the BOM for this in the regulated supply lists the D325, D712, B536? etc as being C2073/A904 replacements. And the bom and sub ALSO list the MJE15032 etc....the capabilities of these are quite different, and the MJEs are stronger than the...
  5. quaddriver

This is the end?

Came to a realization as I am working this extensive project: getting an uncle into assisted living after his last stroke, a living estate auction to pay for it, organization (he was a collector/hoarder of everything) and so forth. I have not worked on a unit in over 2 months and have 5 on...
  6. quaddriver

DJ Clarke Ingram has died at a young 66....

https://triblive.com/local/regional/pittsburgh-pop-radio-fixture-clarke-ingram-dies/ IF you were around Pitt listening in the later 70's you heard him on 96.1 He had real good 70's playlist taste and indeed, the singular claim to fame he and I discussed was his introduction of pitt to 'Pablo...
  7. quaddriver

Offline!

After 13ish years of being a 'dealer' (antiques and stuff, not, yanno) I just cancelled out my ipage hosting. We used it as advertising for the crap we had for sale and I also used the MySQL database hosting to store my sales records and pricing so I can access it anywhere, from any device if...
  8. quaddriver

last original member of Lynyrd Skynyrd...

Gary Rossington has dies at 71...cue million Mile Reflections....
  9. quaddriver

Uh oh....sx890 Tuner giving me fits.

'Bout a decade-ish ago I got the unit at an auction - had to have it, the sliver w/black face machines I had only seen in pictures and here was one in central PA! So I worked it over, and its been my DD, 8+ hours a day, every day since. But in the last year, stuff started...it was the FM...
  10. quaddriver

CR1020 schematic issue...

I am working a 1020 that went silent...something went blooey in the power supply and it detected a ton of DC offset and shut off the relay. the amps are out but not worked yet. rebuilt the power supply extensively. The -49ish volts was missing so that explains why it went all offset-y. BUT...
  11. quaddriver

How did you guys let Cindy Williams get past?

If you have never seen 'American Graffitti' - do such. She was so damn gorgeous back then, under appreciated.
  12. quaddriver

Another "It doesnt suck" alert...

walmart has a 'hyper tough' brand (hyper junk I say) light fixture...they were $21, then went on black friday sale for $15 and I bought like 8, then they went on sale for $10 and I got 2 more, now they are $8.96 and I got 2 more - YMMV at your walmart how many are left. they are 4500 lumens...
  13. quaddriver

A cautionary tale of sadness and not-goodness.

I placed a mouser order to replenish my next tranche of restores.... since I track everything cuz, well Im anal about what it cost me and I wrote the software....I paid 3x as much across the board, from a year or so ago. And, I am getting discon notices it seems every week now - if you have...
  14. quaddriver

MC-3050

mostly done:
  15. quaddriver

BSR turntables - the heart of the matter

Yeah yeah, I know, BSR cheap british junk, not worth our time. But in case it is, I got their number. The picture is the main bearing for the platter. new cheaper ones just have this plastic junk in there, but the old ones with the caged set of ball bearings are actually pretty good...
  16. quaddriver

FYI for Zenith all in one units from the early 80s - turntable needle

For posterity: I am working a (date unknown) IS4060 AMFM, 8 track recorder, TT and it needs a stylus. The old cart has M315CZ on it and the PO wrote it takes a DS-619 stylus which matches to zero. Found out, the replacement stylus is Pfanstiehl 760-D7Z which ALSO is long done but the N75B II...
  17. quaddriver

VFD in a VSX-4400

I have had this for over a dozen years and it was a DD for the TV setup in one of my places. about 8 years ago I noticed crosstalk...the TC9194s were bleeding over. so..I found a bunch new and put it away.... well last week I pulled it out to swap them over and you have to talk this thing...
  18. quaddriver

Realistic SCT-30

'nuff said. wasnt a hard restore at all. FBM10.5 for the main belt that Mike at ESC in WA had... q: does anyone even use the dolby FM this thing is well equipped to deal with? ETA: the tape is 1984's 'Big Bam Boom' by hall and Oates. There should be a law that you test a deck with an era...
  19. quaddriver

"does not suck" alert.....DT9205A from tractor supply

Last weekend at the local TSC getting stuff, in the 'impulse buy' bins by the registers, I found a no name meter with continuity, diode, Hfe and capacitance as well as the usual trinity - for about $11 bux so I took a chance. it works and should make a great in house meter for the RV....
  20. quaddriver

Len Dawson RIP at 87

I saw the name pop up, he and nick Buoniconti had a 20 year run on HBOs inside the NFL before it turned ridiculous (also where Marino got his broadcast start) used to watch it like religion and it was hands down the BEST NFL analysis ever made. the costas run years were ok, but heading...
  21. quaddriver

General observation Onkyo HT-R530

The manual is on hifi-e. If ever working on one, do not delay, IMMEDIATELY set the idle. And set it on the LOW side. then once all *7* amps are set, go back in and lower L-R-C to the exact low number. The spec is 12mv+/-3 and 9mv +-3 on the surrounds. go 9 on L-R-C and 6 on the surrounds...
  22. quaddriver

Anne Heche - brain death after car crash injuries

The bizarre story about her crash, and then crash, and then fire, has come to an end... Bizzare I say because of the podcast that occurred a few hours earlier in which they BRAGGED about being wasted has been a) pulled down b) denied it ever occurred but the internet lives forever... What a...
  23. quaddriver

Ok. so Im sitting here listening to Zappa...

Couple zappa cds I ripped to the laptop. On comes "sexual Harassment in the workplace" and I immediately think "hmmm, that is Great whites 'house of broken love' I find Zappa wrote in 88 and great white in 89 - based on release dates. Any info on this?
  24. quaddriver

CLEARLY, something is broken...and for once, in my favor

Birthday present for new "live on his own son" who has a place with his gf. (and will soon pay his first electric bill during AC season heh heh) why, I use my electric drill driver damn near every day. so lets get him one. Stop at Giant eagle to get a lowes gift card as that gives me gas...
  25. quaddriver

I was wrong....

(yes it is true, it does happen) My kid didnt graduate in may, Cum Laude with his degrees :-( He graduated MAGNA Cum Laude. First EVER in our family!!!!! Parental pride! Parental Pride!
Back
Top Bottom