Search results

1. toy4runr85

Is this MC2505 worth restoring?

Just for grins, here's the C26
  2. toy4runr85

Kinda agree. There's an ebay seller that's got a pristine chassis. Not sure of the condition of all the connectors etc. I need to get the bottom cover off.
  3. toy4runr85

More pics MC2505 by toy4runr85 posted Feb 26, 2020 at 10:13 AMMC2505 by toy4runr85 posted Feb 26, 2020 at 10:12 AM
  4. toy4runr85

Hey all. While purchasing a large collection of vintage vinyl, I was asked if I was interested in old stereo stuff. She pointed at a couple of items at the bottom of the shelf in the garage. Under a plastic bag and years of dust, there was a very nice C26 McIntosh Preamp, and a sad looking...
  5. MC2505

MC2505

6. MC2505

MC2505

7. MC2505

MC2505

8. MC2505

MC2505

9. McIntosh MC2505

McIntosh MC2505

10. My McIntosh stuff

My McIntosh stuff

11. toy4runr85

What TT's do you folks have

Technics SL-Q3 with a Shure M97 X/N97xE stylus. Until today, when I finally got around to installing the Shure V15 Mk III I found at an antique mall here in Phx. Picked up the turntable (Pioneer belt-drive somethingorother with no dustcover) that had a "broken needle" for $15. I couldn't...
  12. toy4runr85

Has any one retrofitted a vintage stereo console?

I've always thought this would be a cool project. I had purchased an older Montgomery Ward MCM console at an estate sale but as the money was about to change hands the homeowners' grandson says "Nope, that's not for sale that's coming home with me". That's what happens when kids have access to...
  13. toy4runr85

General Info on TEAC X-1000R RTR

My Thanks to you as well, Vintage TX... your pics and descriptions are a huge help. Just resurrected a X-700R picked up at Goodwill someone had gotten a little too rambunctious with tools on this thing. Poor baby had a non-Teac belt, missing the spacer for the capstan motor bracket causing the...
  14. toy4runr85

The worst piece of HiFi Equipment you've ever owned?

"vinyl recutting monsters" LOL... so I guess I should steer clear of these.
  15. toy4runr85

The worst piece of HiFi Equipment you've ever owned?

I have never understood the religion that is Bose surround systems... what absolute crap. Overpriced, ugly to look at, hard to use, but at least it HUGELY overprocesses and oversamples the unlistenable noise that emenates from the "speakers". I do love flipping vintage Bose, people will pay up...
  16. toy4runr85

Pioneer PL-A45D tonearm mechanism

I disassembled the tonearm mechanism, and oiled the shaft of the warren motor. Defeated the microswitch and ran the motor for a little while. Then let the oil soak in a bit more. Then ran the motor for several hours. There's no gears, BTW. It's a lot better with the oiled motor the noise has...
  17. toy4runr85

Pioneer PL-A45D tonearm mechanism

Hello! I have a Pioneer PL-A45D TT. Main motor spins when the TT is plugged in but the start/stop controls aren't working. Downloaded the Service Manual from VE, looked at the mechanism, cleaned out most of the old grease (more on that later), looked at the function of the microswitches, etc...
  18. toy4runr85

Pioneer PL-A45D turntable - any good?

Hi, just wondering if the new headshell made any difference?
  19. toy4runr85

Pioneer PL-50 auto return mechanism

Wow fantastic write-up. Thanks!
  20. toy4runr85

tone arm return belt Kenwood KD 4100

Wow I love this forum... Bought one of these TTs at GW, it's the "R" model and it came with the receiver and tuner, plus the remote! Couldn't get the tonearm to return either. The original belt, when I removed it, was hard and had set in a oval shape. Took a spare cassette deck belt, stuck it on...
  21. toy4runr85

Sansui XP-99 troubleshooting help

Great thanks for the info! Much appreciated.
  22. toy4runr85

Right, and I did that (compared the original with the replacement, it's a square belt which I have a bunch of). Spun the pulley and it freely spins the gear that powers the tonearm. I know it's a computer controlled TT. Could be a sensor? There ARE sensors built in to the tonearm mechanism...
  23. toy4runr85

Hello all... picked up a Sansui XP-99 in what appeared to be good condition. It powers up and the Start/Stop light starts to flash right away, but nothing else. No arm movement. No platter movement. After several seconds the same light starts to flash much faster then goes out. Pressing...
  24. toy4runr85

Pics of your listening space

Very very nice. Knowing what you've sunk into just the furniture, the sound-makey stuff is quite impressive. Me likey. :thmbsp: Oh, and Peter Gabriel.
  25. toy4runr85

Pics of your listening space

Thanks! It's a work in progress. Pretty much everything has changed at least once since I got back in to analog, other than the Teac and the turntable. I'm on my 5th set of speakers, 3rd receiver, you know. Oh and 3rd try at a place to put it all.
Back
Top Bottom