Search results

1. Willy6

Worth restoring these Speakerlab Thirtys?

I saw that after I posted thanks
  2. Willy6

Worth restoring these Speakerlab Thirtys?

Do you know the brand and model of the upgrade tweeter?
  3. Willy6

Gathering parts for the new to me AU-111 restoration

Thank you for the information.
  4. Willy6

Gathering parts for the new to me AU-111 restoration

Where did you find the transformers?I’m not positive but I think the main power transformer might be bad on mine.
  5. Willy6

Who sells the best foam surrounds?

I think that the 12” woofers in these Prelude’s have rubber surrounds but all of the midrange drivers are foam and Infinity put foam on the drivers for a reason.
  6. Willy6

Everything I’ve read says that the rubber surrounds are heavier and will change the sound of the speaker and if it had foam to begin with you should put foam back on it?
  7. Willy6

So I have two pair of Infinity Prelude P-FR’s and one pair needs re foamed. I’m trying to figure out who sells the best foam because there are four 5.5” and two 4” midrange drivers in each speaker and doing some research some places cost almost twice as much $ for their foam so should I get the...
  8. Willy6

My Christmas present AU-111 arrived today

Actually my wife got it for me I just pointed it out to her
  9. Willy6

My Christmas present AU-111 arrived today

It needs work though.
  10. Willy6

RS-ll crossover recap.

These clarity caps are pretty big and there isn't a whole lot of room on the original board so I was thinking of stacking the new caps on top of the inductors but I'm not sure if that would cause problems down the road?
  11. Willy6

P-2100 problem

Thank you for the input mbz! The problem was a couple of 1S1555 diodes which I replaced with some 1N4148's and everything is working good now. Happy holidays to you and yours.
  12. Willy6

P-2100 problem

Sorry I took the pic after removing transistors and heat sinks on upper board hoping new mica insulators solve the problem?
  13. Willy6

P-2100 problem

There is a picture of both boards. Bottom one makes the amp work Top one sends 47vdc to the right speaker terminals.
  14. Willy6

P-2100 problem

Nope there is no short that I can find anywhere?And in case you didn't read my first post I have 2 Yamaha P-2100's one working good and one NOT and if I swap the main board LC-82072 with the good one everything works as it should so I know the problem is on this board LC-82072.
  15. Willy6

P-2100 problem

Only thing I can think of is a bad mica insulator? maybe the collector on one is shorted to ground?
  16. Willy6

P-2100 problem

I checked every transistor and they're all good.
  17. Willy6

P-2100 problem

No I haven't started measuring voltages yet because it's not all that easy to get to when it's powered up.
  18. Willy6

P-2100 problem

The bulb go's completely dim within 5 seconds
  19. Willy6

P-2100 problem

I did order some new mica insulators for all of the transistors that need them.
  20. Willy6

P-2100 problem

Yes I've tested everything I can think of and they all test good and when I plug it into the DBT it sucks the life out of a 200 watt incandescent light bulb so I know there is no short circuit anywhere on this board.
  21. Willy6

P-2100 problem

Wow pretty pathetic around the Yamaha circle.. Happy holidays everyone..
  22. Willy6

P-2100 problem

23. Willy6

P-2100 problem

I recently acquired two Yamaha P-2100's and one of them works fine but the other one is putting out 47vdc full rail to the right speaker terminals and about 7mv on the left.I have checked all and replaced some resistors i also replaced all electrolytic caps accept the big filters and all of the...
  24. Willy6

RS-ll crossover recap.

I'm using a Sundholm 6000 amp with all kinds of power but I'm not turning it up very loud. Maybe I should bypass the tweeter pots like I did with the midrange pots?And I have been researching all of the RS-ll threads and someone else had the same problem.
  25. Willy6

RS-ll crossover recap.

Why do the 2.5 amp tweeter fuses keep blowing on these RS-ll's?
Back
Top Bottom