Search results

1. pahhhoul

Need help in deciding first tube amp

Just like the title says. Need help in deciding which tube amp to purchase. For the past month or so I've been reading, reading, looking up amps for sale on the internet, and reading until my girlfriend has finally gotten sick of me stuck on my phone all the time looking up amps. This will be...
  2. pahhhoul

Show your JBLs off

Building up my JBL wall of sound a la Grateful Dead. Missing are my 4410s and another pair of L20T3s in walnut. Pictured are my 4411Bs, L36 w/new blue grill cloth, L80T3 and L20T3
  3. pahhhoul

JBL L25 Prima Restoration

Great resto job! Where did you get the sound dampening materials?
  4. pahhhoul

JBL L56 Restore

whoa! that is some fantastic work there! those speakers look like new!
  5. pahhhoul

JBL L36 crossover

Since a am a super layman....I made this after trying to figure out the schmatic and after analyzing MCM's crossover photo. Am I getting close to wiring everything correctly?
  6. pahhhoul

Dual 1229 hum

Resurrecting an old thread as the title is the most relevant to my situation. I have a 1229Q and it has a grounding hum issues. The hum occurs when the unit is not playing/not powered on and and occurs also when playing a record. However, the hum goes away when the tone/arm cartridge goes to...
  7. pahhhoul

JBL L36 crossover

BTW, if I wanted to purchase new Pots from Parts Express, which ones would you recommend?
  8. pahhhoul

JBL L36 crossover

MCM_Fan, thanks for the very informative post. I completely forgot about your L36 resto which I read a few weeks ago. So much to try and absorb that it's been overwhelming. I started Google'ling stuff and I wonder if you don't mind confirming if I've grabbed the correct links for the parts you...
  9. pahhhoul

JBL L36 crossover

Greetings guys, I recently acquired a pair of L36s from CL. I hooked them up last night and only the mids were working. Sometimes if rarely while turning the knobs on the pots, the tweeter would work. Well, I figure this is a good opportunity to rebuild the crossovers. However, I've never...
  10. pahhhoul

Show us your JBLs

Here's one of my pairs of JBLs. My 62Ts. Got these off of CL a few years ago. The original owner drilled holes on the bottom and sides. There was a good size chunk of wood missing from the side. I patched up all the holes and did what I could. Since they aren't very expensive, for sh*ts and...
  11. pahhhoul

New JBL's to play with

I've yet to play some Jimi on them. Played some Dave Brubeck and Black Sabbath.... had to play War Pigs! I'll throw on some Jimi and when I have a chance this weekend. Initially I put a reply as to how much I got them for, but had 2nd thoughts if that's ok to post or not. I'll just say that I...
  12. pahhhoul

New JBL's to play with

_
  13. pahhhoul

New JBL's to play with

This week I was able to score a couple pair of JBL speakers to add to the collection. A pair of L80T3s that need refoaming. Purchased from the son of the original owner who had fond memories of them while growing up. The 2nd set are 4311Bs. These guys need nothing. The cabinets have very minor...
  14. pahhhoul

New member from Bay Area, CA introduction

Thanks a bunch all for the warm welcome!!! :) Great to see that there are quite a few AK'ers locally. Looking forward to chatting and meeting you all and talking shop. Grabbed a few things this week and will post them up in the speaker section later this weekend!
  15. pahhhoul

What CD Player Do You Use?

A Denon DCD-596 that a Craigslist'r gave me when I bought some equipment from him.
  16. pahhhoul

What is your occupation?

Pixel pushing Graphic Production Designer by day. Cardio Kickboxing instructor on the weekends.
  17. pahhhoul

Anyone in Silicon Valley and Bay Area?

Oakland, CA
  18. pahhhoul

New member from Bay Area, CA introduction

Greetings all! Just wanted to introduce myself. New member here who has recently been bitten severely by the vintage audio bug. I've been into home audio as a hobby for the past 25+yrs. Purchased a few systems here and there. Nothing really worth of mention. A few years ago, after purchasing...
  19. pahhhoul

Hello from Oakland, CA

shelly_d thanks for the heads up on that swap meet! I'll try to go this Saturday! ETLS More vintage gear...yup. I'm starting to look for some old receivers and integrated amps. thanks for the welcome all!
  20. pahhhoul

Cambridge Audio 640p recommendation or not

Greetings everyone, I'm thinking about purchasing one for my Dual turntables to play with. I currently have the Cambridge Audio SR20 and was wondering if the CA 640p would be a better way to go connected to the auxiliary rather than using the Phono input on the SR20. Also, I have an older...
  21. pahhhoul

Hello from Oakland, CA

New member here recently bitten by the vinyl bug. Within the past 2 months I've purchased 2 Dual turntables. A Dual 506 in perfect working condition and excellent working condition. Last night I installed a new Shure M97xE on it and it sounds great. Next thing to do it is replace the...
Back
Top Bottom