Search results

1. Audiobro

Sansui D-550M Need a bit of help

I recently picked this unit up and it seems like a pretty nice deck. It has one problem, it won't play. I can make it play by lifting up on the pinch roller. Maybe the tension spring is shot?
  2. Audiobro

Marantz 2238B power supply adjustment problem

I have a 2238B that I cannot get the power supply voltage above 28v, when it is supposed to be 35v. I have replaced nearly all the components within the adjustment circuit, along with the main filter caps. I must admit that I do not understand how this circuit controls the power supply. The...
  3. Audiobro

Yamaha C4 Preamp DC offset too high

I had completed a full recap on this and reflowed a good deal of joints. It worked for a few days then would shut down. Initially, I thought it was a problem with the protect circuit, in reality, it is functioning fine. It seems to be triggered by the 1.5v of dc offset I am reading at the test...
  4. Audiobro

NAD 2200 conundrum

I bought an NAD 2200 in non-working condition and attempting to repair. The question I have is about C413 and C414, the 10000uf 80v filter caps. According to the board print and the board view from the service manual, they are installed with the polarity reversed. Is this correct? I have...
  5. Audiobro

Audio Research LS 3B Parts

I have this pre and looking for a source for parts. I need 3 of the main switches, Power, Mute, and Source/Monitor. I also need two Zettler AZ 820 2C 12DE relays. According to their website, they will only sell parts to authorized technicians and I am most certainly not. Any help is appreciated.
  6. Audiobro

Rebuild Alps pots?

Looking for replacement elements or someplace to have my Alps blue velvet pot repaired. It came out of my Adcom preamp and one pot is shorted. Tried cleaning and lubing with Deoxit with no success. I did purchase a counterfeit replacement, but it's not the same. It is marked as a 920l and is a...
  7. Audiobro

Adcom GFP 565 weird voltage at opamps

My 565 pre has got some voltages that do not jive with the schematic. The schematic says I'm supposed to have 18v supply to the opamps and I have 24v. I have traced circuit back to Q901 and Q902 which are supposed to supply 18v, pulled both and tested with a transistor checker and both tested...
  8. Audiobro

So, I bought a Yaqin MS 23B tube phono preamp.

I picked this up a used and unmolested. It appears to be all original, including the tubes. I am currently comparing this to the phono section of my Adcom GFP555 II. The Yaqin is connected to the CD input on the Adcom. The warmer tube sound is very apparent, along with the hum these Pre's are...
  9. Audiobro

JBL 4311 Midrange needs replacement

My midrange is going on my right speaker and I'm looking at solutions. So far, I have found that Simply speaker sells a complete recone kit and a replica driver. the difference in price is not much, like 10 bucks, not really a concern I have. I have never reconed a driver, I have replaced...
  10. Audiobro

Adcom GFP555 ii Recap/ restore info wanted!

I just acquired this preamp from fleabay and intend on refreshing and improving it. Replacing all electrolytic caps and possibly upgrade the opamps. Unfortunately, most of the opamps have Adcom stamps on them, with no generic part numbers. Looking for any and all knowledge on making this preamp...
  11. Audiobro

Portable Dac/Headphone Amp or New music player?

I just purchased a pair of NAD HP 50 headphones and using them with a Fiio FX1221 music player. The NAD's are replacing a pair of Monster Inspirations. I have found the NAD's require a significant increase in volume to get the same output as the Monster's. My question is, should I get a separate...
  12. Audiobro

Looking for best way to repair Technics Woodgrain

I have an SU-7300 that I am restoring. The case is in good shape, except a lot of the woodgrain is missing. has anyone found a source for some kind of furniture repair tape that matches? I was also considering removing the rest of the tape and just painting it. Thanks for all suggestions.
  13. Audiobro

Op-Amps, who knew?

Let me preface this by stating that I am not an engineer, scientist, or anything of the like. I am just a handy guy with a soldering iron that knows how to read. I, on a whim, replaced the op-amps and a few caps on the input board of my NAD 2600PE and the results are astonishing, well to me at...
  14. Audiobro

Considering the AT VM540ML

My current cart is an Ortofon 2M Blue. I upgraded from the Red about 2yrs ago. The current stylus is getting near the end of it's life and I am considering replacing the cart or the stylus. I am quite happy with the sound of the Blue, but always wondering what else there may be. The AT cart will...
  15. Audiobro

Recomendations for internal signal path wire in Fax150C

Here is a pic of the existing wiring. The white, yellow, and green wires are a some of the wires I wish to replace. It looks about 22 or 24 gauge and has a grounded shield. Looking for something with different colors available, something similar to what's there. Thanks.
  16. Audiobro

Looking for schematic Martel Fax 150C by Roland

I have begun a restoration of the receiver I had as a teen. It kind of works and I have started replacing burnt resistors, caps, and a detailed cleaning of the interior. Some of the resistors have all the color code burnt of and a schematic would be most helpful. Thanks.
  17. Audiobro

Denon DP60L Tonearm rewire

I am looking for insight on this project. Suggestions on wire (gauge, brand, and material), connectors, and procedure are greatly appreciated. I have already recapped and replaced the interconnects. Looking to put the finishing touches on a complete "rehab". Also looking to hear any input on...
  18. Audiobro

Help designing need cab for JBL 4311

I am having a bit of difficulty in designing new cabinets for my JBL 4311 drivers. Although I have designed and built quite a number of subwoofer cabinets(over 20yrs ago), I am not finding the proper equations. Tried using some online calculators and it came up with some gigantic enclosure...
  19. Audiobro

Denon DP60L speed adjust problem after recap

I recently did a full recap on my Denon and had to adjust the speed controls. All was well, for about a week, when I noticed the speed readjusting. I re-readjusted the VR1 and all was well for a couple days, then it started readjusting the speed again. it is impossible to get the pulse aligned...
  20. Audiobro

NAD 2600 cap question

I am planning to recap my NAD 2600 amp. My first stop is the power section. However I hit a snag in trying to source out the big caps C411 and C412. They are 10000uf 120v, the closest I have found are 100v Mundorf. According to the schematic, the voltage they are using is 95v. Has anyone...
  21. Audiobro

NAD 1155 need recap advice

I just purchased an NAD 1155 preamp and looking to improve it/freshen up. it currently seems to be functioning although I think it could sound better. I compared the phono section to my Vincent PHo8 and there was no comparison, Vincent was way better. The Vincent is very 3d, wide stage, and...
  22. Audiobro

Iron Maiden's Poweslave on Vinyl Question.

I just purchased this on vinyl, in fact I just received a second copy. Here's the dilemma, in the song Rime of the Ancient Mariner I hear crackling when it gets to the speaking part on both records. I played the CD for comparison and no crackling to be heard. This is a new 180g "Audiophile"...
  23. Audiobro

Quality mini USB to Mini USB cable

I am looking to put together a portable system comprised of a tablet and a portable DAC/Headphone amp. I am having some difficulty in locating a quality Mini USB cable. Audioquest makes one that is full size USB to mini, but no mini to mini. Any recommendations ?
  24. Audiobro

Opinions of the Fiio Q1

Anyone own a Fiio Q1? I am contemplating this unit for my entry into the DACworld. I am looking for a portable DAC with headphone amp to use on Amtrak trips. I currently use a Laptop, which is quite bulky, I have a tablet, but it doesn't have enough amp to produce the volume I like. let me know...
  25. Audiobro

Recommendations for software to "Digitize" vinyl

I have been listening to vinyl for little over a year now and am looking to have a similar sound when I travel. I have a laptop with windows 7 that I can dedicate for making Hi-res recordings of my vinyl. Want something not to fiddly (don't we all). I will be playing back thru a tablet and...
Back
Top Bottom