Search results

1. ZR9B

I prepare to downsize due to a floor joist crack!

mark it with a pencil and keep an eye on it...I doubt it will move. If it does then worry.
  2. ZR9B

OK Geezers...Truth Time...Do You Buy New Music?

My wife is a huge " Eva under fire" fan...she drags me to her shows as far as a few states away. so besides her...I see a ton of bands with her that I have never known...and some of it is pretty good. that and a old guy on oldminibikes.com posts alot of good stuff I never knew. old...
  3. ZR9B

Fisher 500B and Schiit

Hello, been awhile since I have been here....I had my 500 refreshed by Muse, I listen to it for a long time and the phono amp was lacking to my ears. I was going to see about up grading it but figured I would try this pre amp. I put a Schiit mani 2 and I was very happy with it....It sure...
  4. ZR9B

Sansui 881 lights out

the one all the way to the left on my 881 does whatever it wants. something in my board...Ill keep an eye on yours.
  5. ZR9B

Toasted Realistic STA-2250

fun post to read!!! I picked one up a few summers ago at a yard sale from a neighbor I have seen in the yard on and off for 27 years but never met....turns out I should have stopped 26 years ago. He drinks beer as much as me liked all the mini bikes, snowmobiles, three wheelers and old dirt...
  6. ZR9B

A/B switch ?

for what its worth I ordered the sp-71...as for the turntable im just going to swap plugs around not a big deal. If I dont like it it may end up in barter town...lol. thanks for the input!
  7. ZR9B

A/B switch ?

Im looking for a switch or switches that I can have 2 amps to choose from on 1 pair of speakers. Sometimes I feel like a tube amp sometimes a solid state. also 1 turntable is involved. I did try to search it but I must be missing something as I know it has to be a thing. thanks
  8. ZR9B

500B fireworks

I believe the cans are disconnected ...here is the description on work they did...replaced all electro caps, some foil caps, replaced bridge rectifiers...the rest is cleaning switches bulbs and recondition/clean tube sockets. he said he set the bias for the output tubes witch are tong sol...
  9. ZR9B

500B fireworks

I took it back he replaced the part on the spot. I got about 4 hours straight on it seems to be holding up. I really just wanted to make it safe and now try to get the sound improved.
  10. ZR9B

500B fireworks

So I had my 500B just fully rebuilt by a reputable builder. It came back sounding pretty good but not amazing, I have only played vinyl on it. for what its worth I think my sansusi 881 sounds better with a lot more detail...but that is another story. so after about 2 hours ,an album...
  11. ZR9B

It followed me home, can I keep it?

Very nice!!! How beautiful
  12. ZR9B

Fisher 500B after service

I kind of knew what I needed to do...just went with this guy because the guy I want to do it is tied up. Ill get there!! and welcome here 7 min guy! lol
  13. ZR9B

Fisher 500B after service

So I have had this 500 for a few years and finally took it in for service. This is all original except the 7591 tube, they are tung sol. The service guy said everything is perfect and nothing need replaced. They did put the resistor on the tube ground. I have about 10 hours on it (4...
  14. ZR9B

Does Anyone Even Want an Electric Car?

maybe as a second car ...I do like my battery powered chain saw, weed eater , leaf blower, drill and so on. thing is how long before lithium runs low and the price goes up? Or the climate activists start blocking some of the big lithium mines , and some if not most mines use diesel equipment...
  15. ZR9B

H-811 B HORN ..driver ?s

after doing my homework I think I will let them go.....to do it rite is too rich for my blood. thanks for the input guys.
  16. ZR9B

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I never heard thiat version of spirits in the night...very well done!!!
  17. ZR9B

Paradigm Eclipse Monitors, KEF 104/2, Klipsch Heresy II… Klipsch Forte?

I have forte ll and hersey ll, running with a sansui 880 and dual 1219...mostly rock played....forte ll without a doubt between the two I have anyway
  18. ZR9B

H-811 B HORN ..driver ?s

So I grabbed these the other night...im not sure what I'm going to do with them but could I get a driver that would work well with them?? I kinda know what they are but not much about them really.
  19. ZR9B

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Man...these people got 1 hell of a deal!!!
  20. ZR9B

Age of collectors

Im 55....sansui 881 is a 72.. dual 1219 not sure the year..klipsch forte ll, I think are 88 ..fisher 500 b..not sure but 65 seems rite...jbl l88 early ones 68 I think...not sure on some of the stuff...most records are some 50s.. 60s and 70s...with some 80s metal in there. Some realistic stuff...
  21. ZR9B

RIP Lastplace

RIP Lastplace...judging by his obituary he was one hell of a man. If there's a rock and roll heaven...they have a hell of a band..rip
  22. ZR9B

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

At deer camp in Northern Michigan...2nd Walmart record and it sounds great
  23. ZR9B

Craziest Thing You’ve Found in a Stereo Console

Found a box of spare tubes 6v6gt
Back
Top Bottom