Search results

1. G

Vintage audio auction in PA. WOW!

I've remembered that observation since reading it way back when. Curiosity almost has me hopping in the car to go get them, but alas the extra altec cabs would have to find a home first. I'd try the 2x15 section open back as mids. Anyway, a good deal for someone who will probably snap them up...
  2. G

Need help identifying these Altec's

and you've got FOUR? Oh my. 2 per side should let you reach below the 200hz spec'd, but by how much we don't know. You'll very likely still need an LF option below them. We have a user on AUB who recently got a pair. You might follow up on their thread/invite them here to compare...
  3. G

Recommended amp for Voice of the Theater (VOTT) Speakers

OP disappeared after 3 posts... I wonder what they ended up with. (an ebay account!)
  4. G

Electra VI: The one that got away.

Looks like Dave/Randy/???? are branching out... someone is on the case though: https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ele/d/alexandria-scam-alertpioneer-sx-1080/7032579542.html
  5. G

Let's talk Altec speakers / please share your experience and impressions

- Nice implementation 604man! - To the OP: IMO the 511b on the M19 is probably not optimal for a small room, I'd expect you to find it beaming too much. The late model 604's (even with thier CD horns) are just a touch close @ ~15ft (line-of-sight to the horn) IME. Not that they're not nice...
  6. G

and now... 'Dave' but with revised pricing. https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ele/d/alexandria-altec-multicell-horns/7004979322.html As entertaining as it might be, I think I'm not going to bother with further updates... I think we know what to look for now. :-)
  7. G

"Randy wuz here" ...again. Yet another location and number. AJ is that the name he used up your way? maybe it's a franchise. ;-P
  8. G

I sensed some oddity to the small talk. It's not a stretch to imagine foreign nationals, agents of the state, phishing for tasty malware targets and honing their folksiness with small talk. We're just not the right fish to catch... ...but you said you talked to the guy. So maybe the...
  9. G

...and looks like somebody else has called them out on it: https://easternshore.craigslist.org/ele/d/washington-scam-alert-altec-multicell/7001859751.html
  10. G

My sincere apologies to the OP. Shall we break this out to a different thread? We really do have someone playing nationwide games here, lookey: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/ele/d/san-francisco-altec-1005-multi-cell/7001486903.html So your 'where's waldo' homework now is to find the...
  11. G

Yup. They've mysteriously transported themselves from your neck of the woods to ours... Send out the alert... beware the scam: https://easternshore.craigslist.org/ele/d/salisbury-altec-multicell-horns/6998640142.html They list a 410 area code. Was that the same number you had?
  12. G

Hmm. Perchance did they look like these? If so, then we may have an epidemic on our hands...
  13. G

Roku, Now What?

Good input thanks. Yeah, I have to look into/cobble together the hardware for starters. Software wise, Asset UpnP looks promising with their impending Asset Control release (for tablet-as-an-audio-controller use).
  14. G

Roku, Now What?

Thanks Dewdude. Yes, seems that the conversation might turn to the 'quality' of the source clock of the BDP, if anything. Worth mentioning that this is only for net, and lossless 44.1khz cd rip audio at this point. (S/PDIF can get into 48khz. 20/24 bit, etc. apparently - but probably not...
  15. G

Roku, Now What?

Digital Audio out of STB/Roku/Web devices/ digital coaxial and optical audio output I was using the coaxial digital out out of a sony blu-ray player (BDP) into a tascam rackmount burner, it's not in a quiet listening environment so given that there was not much discreet A/B'ing to be done...
  16. G

Altecs, which would you choose, and why?

Which what things? Mine? Stacked 828 cabinets (nominally, A5's) I could start naming AA's, but better for you to describe which ones...
  17. G

hah. look out! the gang's all here! ;-)
  18. G

Touché AA. I was waiting for the other pics... ;-) * Yes, apologies to all for the hiijack. Now back to talking about M19's...
  19. G

...or, you could get some real speakers! ;-) (* jk aa, just poking fun!)
  20. G

eh, people veneer them or build custom. The farther away from the US, perhaps the more likely it's a custom job. (shipping big cabinets) Lansingheritage has a library, and/or check the Altec UG. * Do note that Altec used 2 different woofer frames. The nominally 15" (older mostly), and the...
  21. G

* Beware stacking the ohm F's. Reccomended against in general, because crap (deteriourated...

* Beware stacking the ohm F's. Reccomended against in general, because crap (deteriourated surrounds, etc.) may fall into the spider if not kept upright.
  22. G

Altec speakers

I'd probably be interested in the monitors (or, empty cabs) if they are nearby. Do ping me if proximal to Phila, PA, and available.
  23. G

Tri-State Altec 19 owners?

Jeez, how'd I miss the altec meet? Count me in if another materializes. I can bring the big horns, and a couple of XO's if gas prices are pleasant. ps. Tri-State of course, is PA/NJ/DE ;-)
  24. G

What should I look to pay for an Eico HF-81?

Ditto! [Edited by Moderator] oops
  25. G

Altec A7 VOTT I think I got a pair

Perhaps try bolting on some 10" wide (nominally the min recommended) wings, before getting to the veneering.
Back
Top Bottom