Search results

1. D

Manufacturers Specifications

Fisher RS-Z1, 150wpc 20hz-20khz 8ohms .007%THD Testing showed 267 WPC into 4 ohms 20hz-20khz .015% THD These receivers had great headroom of 2.25db. FISHER DAC-Z1. CD Player Auris WiFi streamer Heco Aurora 700 Very happy, had the receiver and CD player since new 1990.
  2. D

Where to find a speaker relay for a Fisher RS-Z1

Hey Craig, just left you a message.
  3. D

Just DM's you. Thanks.
  4. D

Fisher RS-Z1 Issue

Thanks.
  5. D

Craig, I am so sorry. I didn't see this. Would you be interested in looking into my Fisher RS-Z1?
  6. D

Fisher RS-Z1 Issue

Geek, did you ever solve this with the Fisher RS-Z1. I am having those issues now on my RS-Z1. It is intermittent. It doesn't do it all the time. Thanks for your help
  7. D

Fisher RS-2015, RS-1080 Impressions?

RS-2015 gaining in price. Pretty nice example here for $1500.
  8. D

Need some advice...

My current system is the Fisher RS-Z1 with the matching DAC-Z1 changer. The DACs these use were considered excellent back in 1990 when these were new. I still own these units and they are working although the receiver does a weird few things. The DAC's that they use are the BurrBrown PCM58P...
  9. D

Fisher RS-2010 Receiver - Pleasant Surprise

I agree Fisher/Sanyo did make outstanding pieces. The issue with the later Fisher Studio Standard stuff is you had to buy higher up in the lineup. What makes me upset, is that folks think it was just Fisher who made these subpar units when all manufacturers did it. I have to say though...
  10. D

Mike a few of us RS-Z1 owners have a Facebook page if you want to join
  11. D

You bought the Z1, was it from Dan? There is a dimmer button on the front of the receiver.
  12. D

Vintage CD Players and their old outdated DACs

I have a Fisher dac-z1 CD player. It was part of the professional digital reference series not the Studio Standard stuff. It has two 18-bit linear eight x over sampling dacs. To this day I've yet to here any CD player that sounds as good. My brother bought a brand new Yamaha CD player I hooked...
  13. D

C Craig, could you recommend anyone? I am in So Cal as well.
  14. D

Thanks so much. Makes sense now, as when it's warmed up it doesn't do it. Also, when I use main power switch there is no issues. Sounds like it's repairable. Had this receiver for almost 34 years.
  15. D

I am having issues with mine when its in standby mode. It switches off and on, when I use the power switch no issues. I am concerned I may need a new relay. Any idea if one is available or a newer one that can be cross referenced. Any help greatly appreciated. A video of whats going on...
  16. D

Fisher Solid State Lineup - Any Gems or mostly Duds?

There are actually quite a few good if not great SFS equipment. The Fisher from the late 70's with the RS-1052, 1060, 1070 and the 1080. From 1979 the RS-2007, 2010 and 2015 and then there is there swan song the Fisher RS-Z1 from the Professional Digital Reference Series. The Fisher PDR...
  17. D

Any good recommendations for my Fisher RS-Z1 it needs to be serviced

I live in S. California. Any help greatly appreciated. I have used George Meyer before and I was not very happy.
  18. D

Fisher RS-Z1 Does it worth the fixing?

If you are going to get rid of it, let me know. I am in Los Angeles I will take it.
  19. D

Amended list of 150+ wpc receivers!

Here is the USA service manual showing 150wpc for the Fisher RSZ1 into 8 ohms.
  20. D

why are the old fisher speakers worthless?

To be frank there were some later Fisher speakers that were quite good. Unfortunately most of them if not all of them didn't make it to the US. Now collectability is one thing, good sounding is another. Also, you had to go to the top of their line to get something different. The ST-845s and...
  21. D

My 6 month budget build.

Just to correct a previous post, in the US the Fisher RS-Z1 was rated at 150 WPC into 8 Ohms 20hz-20khz @.007% THD. The Euro model was rated at 100 WPC. AK still hasn't updated their 150wpc+ receiver data base. In the manual they show still only 150wpc into a 4 Ohm load but when it was...
  22. D

Fisher Turntable ??

The MT-6250 is a very good turntable and it is quartz locked.
  23. D

Lets talk about Fisher ST Series Speakers.

I had these speakers back in the early 80s, I worked all summer at a car wash to get them. They were not part of a rack system. I bought these before I joined the Army and I had quite a small room and a Fisher RS-2010 was pushing these. They sounded very good, but the room wasn't big enough...
Back
Top Bottom