Search results

1. cardvn1

What would be the 'best' Sansui amplifier for sound quality?

I am very happy with both AU-111(sixties production - tube) and AU-α907DR(1991). I have a Sansui TU-X701 which sounds great through these amps with just a 4-foot wire as FM antenna. And XR-Q7 through the alpha brings out subtle details of vinyls. I have yet to try a Sansui cassette deck…but...
  2. cardvn1

Value Of Practically New In Box Sansui SP-2000 Speakers?

I have now tried this subwoofer with various inputs including turntable(Technics), cassette player(Nakamichi) as well as CD player(Technics). The bass is not overpowering at my settings but is just palpable so it does not take away from the overall listening experience.
  3. cardvn1

Value Of Practically New In Box Sansui SP-2000 Speakers?

In reply to above, and pardon me for waking this conversation up 4 years later, I also like their sound. Recently, to embolden their weak bass I added a Monoprice MP SS-W8 8 inch subwoofer. I connected it to the center channel output of my Sansui 1000A tube receiver. Now I like the fuller sound...
  4. cardvn1

Japanese 'Junk Shop' - HiFiDo

I am in the US but have been looking for a pristine pair of L150A’s for some time. A pair that sounds flawless and has a “new” or fresh look. Most used ones had a beaten look and needed work. Those that fit my requirement were highly priced and were not available locally. So yes, I paid an...
  5. cardvn1

Japanese 'Junk Shop' - HiFiDo

Stirring up an old thread here. Just to share with you that I just got a very nicely restored pair of JBL 150As from Hi-Fi Do, Nagoya, Japan. These guys did a fantastic job of painting and refinishing the drivers and exterior including new fabric on the grills. Shipping (100kg!) of these was 90%...
  6. cardvn1

Sansui SP2500 speakers

I am enjoying Miles Davis, Dave Brubeck and even Fleetwood Mac albums through my SP-2000s placed directly on hardwood floor and driven by Sansui 1000A receiver. Wide soundstage and treble and bass response as intended on the record.
  7. cardvn1

Show me your rack!

Excellent systems! Some of you have invested a fortune into this lovely hobby. I share my little not so expensive rack system. Keeps me happy. From top to bottom: Technics SL-J33 linear tracker Panamax M5100-EX Nakamichi BX-300 tape deck ADC SS-300SL graphic equalizer Sansui P-L95R auto reverse...
  8. cardvn1

Yamaha CDX-1120 On The Way

When I was looking for the 1120, no "working" player in decent condition was offered at less than $500! There were only 3 units on web search for sale anyway. So one could conclude that 1100 series/2020/5000/10000 still get their due respect and command a good price. My 2 cents.
  9. cardvn1

Thanks. Yes, due to the display problem the seller's price was way below competition!
  10. cardvn1

Bought a CDX-1120 from a seller in Canada (nice guy - was extremely honest in his description of the state of the player and an excellent packer - highly recommended. Search retro audio on Canuck audio mart). The only thing wrong with the player was that the LCD display was completely dark on...
  11. cardvn1

When is a phono pre-amp justified ?

My experience with Yamaha RS-700(integrated analog receiver;$499) was great with MM cartridges. Sweet sound. Then I moved on to MC cartridges and the input sensitivity of phono input on RS-700 wasn't low enough so I added an iFi iPhono (SS) preamp. Not only was the MC amp on this preamp($450)...
  12. cardvn1

The Official -Technics SL-1600/1700/1800- Owners Thread

Thanks. Could you post some pictures of the gear and its location?
  13. cardvn1

Need Advice: DVD for Listening; Yes or NO?

I have a Sony 300 DVD disc changer from the early 2000s. I have loaded it with CDs only. I spiced up its sound by routing its optical output into a Yamaha WXC-50(pre-amp as well as ESS DAC as well as 192kHz/24-bit digital audio player). I love this setup for its soundstage and crisp sound. While...
  14. cardvn1

The Official -Technics SL-1600/1700/1800- Owners Thread

Hello everyone, Joining in late on a thread that's been kept alive for some 5 years! Bought a SL-1600 mk2 from the bay almost 2 years ago. Didn't do anything to it except dropping 2 to 3 drops of Technics oil when I received it. The seller said he had already replaced the queing belt. Works...
  15. cardvn1

Remote controlled Yamaha pre-amp to pair with the B-2

Thanks. How does the ESS(DAC) in WXC-50 rack up against others? For that you can search on the web; I have only read good things about it. More importantly, it sounds good and clear to my ears. I needed something to play newer formats on my system as well as have the convenience of Airplay...
  16. cardvn1

Remote controlled Yamaha pre-amp to pair with the B-2

Hello everyone, I am new to Audiokarma. I am using a CX-800U feeding into Yamaha MX-2. I use this setup exclusively for PHONO. It's awesome-both with MM and MC carts. I like the front panel selector for cartridge loading. The specs for CX-1000 and CX-800 are the same for PHONO. Unless you are...
Back
Top Bottom