Search results

1. grahamp

Crites vs ALK crossovers- opinions for a Forte I update

+1 This is my experience exactly. I would recommend moving the speakers around and up! I put my Forte II on 12 in crates and that was dramatic! And easy to try! It seems obvious now. Try them at ear level and off the floor.
  2. grahamp

Crites vs ALK crossovers- opinions for a Forte I update

If you are happy stay happy! I had some issues in the high range. Harsh or just too much, so I did the upgrade. Over all the sound was better but the issue was still there. My answer was 12 inch risers and more distance from the wall. On soldering: If you can solder a radio shack kit and...
  3. grahamp

Fortes all created equal?

The set of crossovers are different, I know first hand because I ordered the Forte II kit from Bob Crites by mistake and had to return it. I have 1989 Forte I and miss identified it, it actually had a board that could take the Forte I or the Forte II caps because I guess that year they were...
  4. grahamp

Modified Forte 1 Upgrades-Bob Crites Autotransformers and Titanium Tweeters

Many talk about tubes love to try that... But I think I got it solved! I tried risers putting the speakers on 12inch wood crates and out from the wall. Seems all better!
  5. grahamp

Thanks for the all the help Updated crossovers without removing board. If anyone is interested I could provide more detail. Pictures of the upgrade process here, but not in order, will provide more detail if others are interested, ping me at graham.poor@gmail.com...
  6. grahamp

Accidental Newbie Audiophile: Bought some Forte II by mistake

Oh and I was surprised at first by the condition of the old tweeters.. so new looking. But I guess they are all protected inside and it isn't strange: https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/gallery/image/1639-img-20150919-002825/
  7. grahamp

:thmbsp: Thanks so much for all the help. It was all straight forward, here are my helpful hints, for nervous first timers like me: 1) The tweeter horns can be removed from the front. 2) After removing the screws expect some stickiness on the gaskets, a little wiggle got it for me. Others...
  8. grahamp

Crites titianium diapragms in KG4.2... Sweet!

:thmbsp: Yes, perfect good description. Just being gentle. It came out fine. Thanks! Now working on the crimped terminals...
  9. grahamp

I saw them in 1979 at the New York Palladium. (2500 miles away, right?) Standing on the seats...

I saw them in 1979 at the New York Palladium. (2500 miles away, right?) Standing on the seats the whole time. Row X I think. Opened with "I'm so board with the USA". Give em enough rope tour. I was 16. I saw some awesome shows, permissive parents. CBGBs, Mud Club. Ramons, Gang of Four, Cramps...
  10. grahamp

Crites titianium diapragms in KG4.2... Sweet!

Have Bob's Tweeters in hand. Sorry if I missed something obvious, newbie. Looking for instructions on removing the Tweeter horns from the Forte I. I see instruction once the horns are out, but I removed the horn screws and couldn't figure out how to get it out of the cabinet. Do I need to got in...
  11. grahamp

Help with initial tweeter install step: Remove Horn from Forte I Have Bob's Tweeters in hand. Sorry if I missed something obvious, newbie. Looking for instructions on removing the Tweeter horns from the Forte I. I see instruction once the horns are out, but I removed the horn screws and...
  12. grahamp

duracrest #7 on klipsch forte anyone?

Bob Crites sells fabric for these speakers. I think he could answer your questions, he has been very responsive with questions I have asked. http://www.critesspeakers.com/speaker_fabric.html
  13. grahamp

New to me Klipsch Forte II

Me Too! Just got some Forte Is and feel they want to be higher. But they are heavy. Keep me posted on your upgrades. Ordered the upgrade but not yet installed.
  14. grahamp

btol : Thanks! Already ordered the Crites upgrade, but for the Forte II! He will exchange the capacitors, nice guy. So I was going to put the tweeters in today, but I got cold feet. Is there a good step by step set of instructions? Do you have a link? I unscrewed the tweeter horn cause it...
  15. grahamp

N8Nagel : Thanks! Yes curious about what other receivers would sound like. Have a Onkyo TX8050 entry level 2 channel with digital input. The cheapest I could find really. I'm mostly streaming Apple TV. I know this is all Low end. And BTW they are Forte I not Forte II woops! The point of the...
  16. grahamp

New Revert :)

Just did a similar thing I am so happy. No sound for 14 years. People here might have better suggestions. I am happy with my Forte I (Craigslist $270), Onkyo TX8050 ($250), and Apple TV ($100). So under $600. But I know nothing.... except I have a system that makes me happy to sit for hours and...
  17. grahamp

Enter Laughing was the song. I tried it again twice... still chills... :music:
  18. grahamp

FORTE I! Shows what I know! :( Still awesome! HA! The joke is on me too! They are original Forte I, posted pics on the Kipsch community site and was politely told I was wrong! Pics in my gallery now... Told you I didn't know there even was a company called "Klipsch" a day before I bought the...
  19. grahamp

How did you know? Ordered Bob Crites caps and tweeters.
  20. grahamp

[IMG]

[IMG]
  21. grahamp

Forte I, Onkyo TX8050, Apple TV, PS I (cd) graham.poor@gmail.com Mountain View, Ca

Forte I, Onkyo TX8050, Apple TV, PS I (cd) graham.poor@gmail.com Mountain View, Ca
  22. grahamp

I can't believe I am posting here... but this is all an accident.... I just bought a pair of Forte II by mistake. And I didn't even know there was a company called "Klipsch" till a few days before I bought them. ( Still don't know how to say it) Oh man… after years of not listening...
Back
Top Bottom