Search results

1. S

SA-9500 II Filter Caps

Anyone else?
  2. S

SA-9500 II Filter Caps

Thanks for your response. I noticed that these are 4-pin. I would prefer to get some 2-pin caps if possible.
  3. S

SA-9500 II Filter Caps

I recently traded a guy for a pair of Pioneer separates that he was using but had been in storage and unused for the last five years (SA-9500 II and TX-9500). They're both in need of a bit of cleaning up and refurbishing so I decided to get started in on the integrated first. I thought it...
  4. S

My EPI M250 Restoration Journey

Now it's time to stuff the cabinets with a couple of trusty Wal Mart pillows I picked up for $2.50 /each. They really fill up the cabinets and look similar in density to the original fiberglass damping material. I'll have to see how this will effect the bass response and I will adjust the...
  5. S

I decided to make a slight change and put the caps below the bridge instead of tying them down to the top. This will help protect the crossover from the damping I will install. I then gasketed the openings and installed the crossovers and bridges................................ The...
  6. S

POlk ID needed

Hmmmmm.............. I owned a pair and my Model 7B's tweeters were black.................
  7. S

I got the cabinets masked off and put a couple of coats of Valspar Satin Black onto the baffle sides. I plan on reattaching the grilles with velcro patches so I'll put them on later. Here's a couple of photos of the painted baffles........................... Since the walnut cabinets are...
  8. S

For for the hole layouts, I first attempted doing a clear plastic template like did for the Dayton Silkies where you layout the 3 original holes and then rotate the template 180 deg. for the other three. I didn't have some clear plastic at the time so I took another look at the back of the...
  9. S

I relpaced the old 16uF caps with some I had on hand from an old speaker project using pairs of Bennic 10uf + Solen 6.2uF polypropylenes paralleled. The final caps both measured 16.02uF & 15.99uF respectively. The leads were short so I had to extend them a bit with some NTE 16 ga. solid copper...
  10. S

Once I removed all the batting from the cabinets they still seemed to smell a bit so I sealed the cabinet's interior surfaces with a PVA glue solution. Now on to the crossovers.......... The orginal boards was set in hot glue so I scored around their perimeters with a knife & then used a...
  11. S

My wife picked up a pair of EPI M250's cheap at a garage sale late last spring. When she finally brought them back home I found that the cabinets/ grilles were in very good shape. However, all 4 woofers were bad with either rotted surrounds and/ or the voice coils torn away from their...
  12. S

AK Design Collaborative - Insignia-Class Economy Speakers (a.k.a Indignia)

Another Pair Done........... I finally finished the cabinets for these. The cabinets have 1-1/4" MDF front baffles & 3/4" MDF sides. The baffle was finished in Rustoleum truck bed liner and I used Rustoleum American Accents Textured Stone (Mineral Brown) for the cabinet. Both finishes were...
  13. S

Wanna see the insides of my new Ohm Walsh 2 speakers?

Here's the crossover....................
  14. S

I pulled out one crossover today. It's a fairly complex one with 22 elements (5 hand wound inductors, 9 capacitors and 8 resistors. I plan to do a recap on both crossovers and rebuiild them onto some hardboard so I snapped a few pictures of the one I removed. It's got some pretty large, axial...
  15. S

I was just "given" a pair of Walsh2's by a co-worker yesterday. I got them home and played them for a few minutes. The sound is very nice. Thanks for the pics too. Are the crossovers original or have you done a an upgrade yet?
  16. S

AK Design Collaborative - Insignia-Class Economy Speakers (a.k.a Indignia)

I'm building a pair of Indignias for the wife. She wants something small to flank her HDTV (it's got crappy internal speakers). I'll pick up an inexpensive HT receiver to power them.
  17. S

Marantz PM 550 DC

I've got a PM 700 DC integrated. 70WPC w/eq. Nice unit. Congrats on a great find!
  18. S

2130 Tuner FS on Audiogon

Look at the asking price & the sellers ID! Are 2130's that rare?
  19. S

Marantz Restoration Question

I'll have to try some of that CircuitKleen. I've only used DeOxit on the pots so far. 2285B Progress Report: 1) Preliminary adjustment of bias and offset 2) Re-cap of power supply and main amp boards 3) Cleaned speaker relay contacts Today, I connected it up to my secondary system and...
  20. S

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

I've got a Marantz 2285B receiver and a PM 700DC integrated.
  21. S

Help Audiokarma celebrate 5 years and learn how to win 500.00 worth of prizes !

Happy Birthday!!! Please add my name too.
  22. S

The soap and water solution seems to cleen up the knobs/faceplate pretty well. I removed the top cover today to inspect the insides. It definitely has some accumulated dust on the trf, heat sinks and boards (will have to vacuum). Can I some type of non-volitle circuit board cleaner be used on...
  23. S

What is the preferreded cleaning product for to use on the faceplate and knobs? I will be restoring my Marantz receiver soon and any advice would be appreciated. I don't want to damage the lettering on the faceplate.
  24. S

2285B Service Manual

I'm looking for a copy in PDF form. Thanks!
  25. S

Marantz Pell 500 Amp?

As an addendum to my previous post, the PM500 console amp puts out about 50W @ 8ohms and 70W @ 4ohms. The PM700 console amp puts out 70W @ 8ohms and 90W @ 4ohms. In addition, the PM700 has a dual 5-band eq (50, 200, 800, 3.2K & 12.8K +/- 10db). This unit can be rack mounted (RHA-8 Rack Adaptor...
Back
Top Bottom