Search results

1. 70salesguy

Tape Monitor Switchbox?

Sony SB-300
  2. 70salesguy

My re-finished Pioneer CS-R700's

I have a pair of CS-R300s, 500s and 700s. The CS-R700s are very serious speakers and not very commonly found. IMHO, the CS-R500s are better balanced, but the 700s are great performers. The CS-R speakers were the transition between the old-line Pioneer CS speakers and the HPM series. The CS-R...
  3. 70salesguy

WOO HOO! Scored my first R2R and it's a Crown

If you are thinking of John Haines, he has retired and Chuck Z. has acquired the stock of parts and original sales records.
  4. 70salesguy

Questions about home back up power/back up generator.

When I built my new house a few years ago, I installed a 16kw Generac fueled by Natural Gas. Runs the whole house. Installed a 200A transfer switch. Have never regretted it. Longest single run has been about 72 hours. Power goes out, life goes on as normal.
  5. 70salesguy

Happy birthday to 70salesguy !

Many thanks! Thanks, folks, for the kind thoughts. Mrs. 70salesguy & I had a nice dinner at a little Mexican Restaurant just down the road from our home. I had Chicken Carnitas and it was excellent! She gave me a couple of very thoughtful gifts that I will really enjoy. Counting the...
  6. 70salesguy

Which Pioneer Speakers???

Cs-r700 Rarer and hard to find, but a pair of CS-R700s would be a good match. As stated earlier, the HPM-100s are a later vintage. That SA-9100 / TX-9100 combo is a winner! Probably one of the best integrated amps that Pioneer ever made!
  7. 70salesguy

The cutest cat in the world.....

Our new cat Cameron does that same thing. I also assumed that it's because he is completely secure and relaxed in his home. He's the same guy seen in my current avatar.
  8. 70salesguy

Jbl decades $100

I don't seem to recall any JBL "Decades" speakers with 15-inch woofers. IIRC, there were three "Decade" models. the L-16, L-26 and L-36. None of them had 15-inch woofers. :no:
  9. 70salesguy

Biscuits...

I saw in the paper today that Bojangles just opened their 600th restaurant.
  10. 70salesguy

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

Had your Wheaties today? I wouldn't advise trying to lift it above chest high! :no: I built the case and selected the handles, but in reality, they seem to be there just to mock you. :sigh:
  11. 70salesguy

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

Crown CX844 Very late production, among the last few produced.
  12. 70salesguy

Steelman Console, Should I nab it?

100 Franklins????
  13. 70salesguy

Biscuits...

I agree with this. Probably one of the best biscuits served at any restaurant. And another great thing about Bojangles is that they serve biscuits ALL day long! You know how McDonald's stops breakfast at 10:30? Well, if you ride past Bojangles after 10:30, there's a BIG crowd at...
  14. 70salesguy

Otari Karma...

How did you like it?
  15. 70salesguy

Otari Karma...

Snark patrol I can't believe that you were so bone-headed you gave away a perfectly good Otari! Is that snarky enough for you?
  16. 70salesguy

Crown DC 300

I use a PSL-2, PFM-3 and PS-400 to run my L-65s. Sounds very nice! The PSL-2 is a wonderful piece! I have several of them. http://www.crownaudio.com/media/pdf/legacy/psl2.pdf
  17. 70salesguy

JBL L 100 Century madness on the bay!

Because they were designed to be placed on a shelf at ear level. They were not designed to be a "floor speaker". Everything looks right, all the packing materials look right. They may have been out of the boxes and used at some point, but most everything seems to scream "original" and unused.
  18. 70salesguy

Pioneer SA-9100 at last!

I purchased a SA-9100 and TX-9100 new back in 73/74. Fabulous pieces both visually and audibly. They were finally superceded with a Crown PSL-2, PFM-3 and PS-400. But I still have the SA/TX-9100 packed away in their original cartons for safekeeping. They're not going anywhere...
  19. 70salesguy

A movie for no seasons.

I saw Jersey Boys on Broadway and really enjoyed it. The reviews of the movie say it follows the Broadway show very closely. Guess I'll have to wait until it hits Redbox to judge for myself!
  20. 70salesguy

Linda Ronstadt Reveals Her Passion for True High Fidelity Sound

I met her in the early 90's. She was touring with Aaron Neville and I had backstage access. I've been in love with her voice since the first time I heard Different Drum!
  21. 70salesguy

Baba O'Riley...

It's seriously impressive here with the Crown Power Amps and the JBLs. :thmbsp:
  22. 70salesguy

Lowrider is back! 2014 Dyna Lowrider

Great color! Live the dream! :banana: I ordered a new 1977 FXE-1200 Super Glide in Arctic White in September of 1976. Took delivery in March of 1977. Still own it 37 years later. I have never had a moment of regret. :no:
  23. 70salesguy

What are good 4 Ohm load home amps

Crown DC300A Series II, Crown PS-400 or Crown PL4. You can do NO better than any one of these!
  24. 70salesguy

Montebello CA estate 70s high-end gear

The items I found most interesting were the pair of JBL L-300s!
  25. 70salesguy

WONDEFUL time today...

Sandy, We'll have to get together some Sunday either in Lake Lure or Asheville! Nice drive for both of us.
Back
Top Bottom