Search results

1. K

realistic equalizer problem

Hi guys.. just got my Realistic 31 -9081 out had minor problems but solved with cleaning and deoxidizing the switches. Now the only problem is that the spectrum lights are on full light with power on. Any idea what component needs to be changed. Thanks
  2. K

Sony TC-377 - lubed, cleaned, new belts, new capacitor - still slow! Help?

thanks for the kind reply.. too bad you couldn't solve it. It is a very nice little deck and very efficient. Good luck with your next project.
  3. K

Sony TC-377 - lubed, cleaned, new belts, new capacitor - still slow! Help?

Hello Mark, wish you luck with the restore job. I've actually just finished mine. It is a beautiful deck. I have a problem with the front light. the two wires got disconnected from the panel behind the vu meters. Can you please help with a picture to the connection area as I can't seem to...
  4. K

Sony TC 377

Hi everyone, Just finished restoring a beautiful Sony TC 377. Everything is working as it should. By mistake I got the front light disconnected. Can anyone please help me with a photo of the connection bar just behind the VU meters to guide me connect the two wires of the light. Thank you,
  5. K

Sony TC=377 Rebuild

Hi everyone. Speaking of the Sony tc377. I just finished restoration all works well. During the work I accidentally disconnected the front panel two wires and tried to find how exactly they are connected to a small connection bar right behind it a small spark and oops now I lost the two...
  6. K

Sony tc 377

HI, good luck with the restoration job. I have a very tiny problem with the front uv light. During working on restoration I accidently disconnected the panel that have the uv light. have been looking at the schematic cannot find where the two red and white wires are connected to. Any help if...
  7. K

Receiver and Amp nudies! Post them if ya got them!

Dear Sir. Thanks for sharing your great project. I got lucky to just own my first revox ever. Just bought a Revox B750 MKii. The problem it keeps blowing fuses F1 and F2. Any specific reason you can think of?
  8. K

Akai Auto-Return Adjustment

9. K

Sony TC 355 AC power selector

Hi everyone, Working on a Sony TC 355. tried to test the power but it came up with burning smell. I checked the AC power selector and apparently the printed guide is missing and don't have an Ohmmeter right now to check what is the right position for 220 V.. anyone have a picture of theirs AC...
  10. K

Sony TC 540 speed problem

Hi everyone. Just working on a Sony TC 540 for a friend. It was working great and speed was 100% accurate. started cleaning pots and lubricating rollers and then started having a problem with all three speeds, 1-7/8 is hardly moving while 7-1/2 and 3-3/4 and way slower than standard. It is...
  11. K

Akai GX260D

I sure will, Had a big order for many belts from Ebay, including my new restoration project Thorens TD 125 MKII Turntable. So far even with the faulty belt it works fine, Glass heads need more thorough cleaning though.
  12. K

Akai GX260D

lucky guess :) Tuna is the cats' Diamonds
  13. K

Akai GX260D

Thanks again. I'm sure I will have more questions I'll get Miss Sasha a big piece of Tuna :)
  14. K

Akai GX260D

thank you. I will order a belt kit as it is also missing the counter belt. I actually have another question for you.. is it normal that the main motor is on once you turn the player on?
  15. K

Akai GX260D

Hi Everyone, my first attempt to restore a RTR. Cleaning the unit all over all is working fine. For some reason the capstan drive belt keeps falling of the motor roller. The belt is an original Akai. I keep it playing both ways, fast forwarding and every other option for longtimes and it works...
  16. K

Akai AP-D30 counterweight issue

can you please share how did you manage to fix the counterweight back to position. what did you use? and is it still holding?
  17. K

Sansui S-701 any information?

Hi Everyone. Just came across a Sansui s-701 floor standing speakers. Any information. is it worth time to go and check them out. attached is a picture of the back label
  18. K

thrift stores

Thank you very much, I'll edit the tag. and thank you for the website you shared. have a lovely day
  19. K

thrift stores

Hi, and early Merry Christmas. I will be visiting NYC and New Jersey this month. any recommendations for good thrift shops around to dig in for some audio treasures. would really appreciate your help
Back
Top Bottom