Search results

1. blue72

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Found a decent stack 'o vinyl this morning.
  2. blue72

Estate sale last week. Onkyo 7.1 pre-HDMI HTR, Velodyne CHT-12 12" powered subwoofer, and five R2R tapes.
  3. blue72

The Moody Blues - Every Good Boy Deserves Favour. It must have been stored folded the wrong way 'round.
  4. blue72

I found a few albums this morning. Some of them looked brand new, with no shelf wear.
  5. blue72

On my way to watch people panic buy toilet paper this morning, I happened to come across a few things that followed me home from a thrift store.
  6. blue72

I brought home 49 records the other week for $0.75 each. Somebody had donated plenty of recognizable stuff. I know absolutely nothing about blues artists, but I at least had heard of BB King and Muddy Waters. And finally some miscellaneous. There were other Belafonte albums, but I already...
  7. blue72

So how much is too much?

3 pairs of speakers, 3 systems. Living room, office, and home theater. I can't really make the case for more systems in my small house, personally, nor do I really want more. I've got tons of speakers & equipment either waiting to be sold or stored for future upgrades but no need for more...
  8. blue72

Someone offloaded their Sinatra collection today: I’ve not posted on here in a while, so maybe I should put up some things that I’ve found in 2019. Most of the stuff I’ve taken home has been media. A little stack of CDs from March: Some records I found at a Goodwill in Denver in May...
  9. blue72

Storage Options

Which I have, with one copy on an external HDD, the 2-bay NAS, a separate copy of all music in an off-site location, physical copies of the CDs stored away, as well as strategic backups of certain things to multiple cloud services. But I get that you're explaining it to others who are likely...
  10. blue72

Storage Options

I currently have one copy of our music collection on an 8TB external HDD, and another copy on a Synology 2-bay NAS. Both drives in the NAS are exact copies of each other, so if one dies, just swap in a new drive and it'll repopulate from the good drive. The NAS is networked directly to our...
  11. blue72

Any young people on this site? Who's going to keep this gear alive when we're dead?!

https://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/member-ages.347551/ https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/show-us-your-age.761340/ https://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/any-younger-college-age-audiophiles-out-there.523744/
  12. blue72

priceless master recordings destroyed

Just came here to post the same thing. The title at the top of the page is The Day the Music Burned. 100,000+ master tapes completely wiped out forever.
  13. blue72

Custom Klipsch KG 5.5 Center Speaker

R123 actually. I refoamed them and a pair of basically identical U123 and have them sitting, waiting to one day be used as Atmos overhead speakers. I'm now addicted to high sensitivity all around.
  14. blue72

Weird, because all the images in the original and subsequent posts are showing up for me.
  15. blue72

Ren and Stimpy.....outragious

I'm in the same boat. I enjoyed it as a kid and even have a DVD box set, but learning about John K's antics has kinda soured the whole thing. https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/arianelange/john-kricfalusi-ren-stimpy-underage-sexual-abuse#.liPDDDx1j
  16. blue72

What got you into Klipsch?

I'll bite. My first Klipsch speakers were a pair of KG 5.5 that I bought from a thrift store. After reading up on horn systems, I began to appreciate their sensitivity and dynamic capabilities. Then I built a KG 5.5 center channel and began using them in my home theater system. At first they...
  17. blue72

Cervin Vega.

Here's a video I shot of refoaming a pair of 12" CV woofers. I didn't take off the dustcaps either.
  18. blue72

Klipsch RC25 Center Channel...LOW OUTPUT?

It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong by the description of how you've got it wired up. Both of those center channel models have the same sensitivity rating of 95 dB. The Heresy speakers are around 99 dB efficient. Your receiver should have settings to allow you to turn down the...
  19. blue72

Do some audiophiles really prefer flat frequency response?

I'm tellin' ya man, I've been tainted. I've seen response graphs you wouldn't believe. Nulls on fire off center from my MLP, over my left shoulder. I watched boundary interferences glitter in the dark near the Schroeder frequency gate. All those peaks and dips will be lost in time, like...
  20. blue72

Do some audiophiles really prefer flat frequency response?

I wish I could get flat response in-room. I've been chasing it for quite a while. I just installed a whole bunch of thick absorption panels in my room to try and tame the 100 Hz to 500 Hz SBIR. I've got 5 bands of PEQ on 4 separate channels of distributed subwoofers just to battle room modes...
  21. blue72

Considering upgrading my headphones, help appreciated!

I own the NAD HP50s myself, listen to them 9 hours a day at work, and love them. Something to be aware of is that they are 32 ohm headphones, and driving them with a vintage receiver like your Sansui will not do them justice. I.E. they will sound way better being driven from a smartphone than by...
  22. blue72

Goodwill find

I have a Grundig tube-powered extension cabinet. Same cloth bag on the woofer, etc... The original foam surround on the woofer had completely deteriorated. The remaining bits looked like some kind of open cell upholstery foam. Needless to say, it rattled and sounded..... not good until I...
  23. blue72

New to this, my mostly thrifted set up.

Looks nice and clean, a great setup. Now I'm off to read up on these 100 dB/octave crossovers.
  24. blue72

Is there really a difference between HT and stereo speakers?

Uh, yeah, about that. That Logitech system only is certified at the absolute bottom tier of THX certifications, the Multimedia certification for little computer speaker systems. Of course it is not even close to being in the same league with their other tiers of certification, like Compact...
Back
Top Bottom