Search results

1. secrets

Marantz 4100 Transistors help

Ok I will pull the other Thermistor out and try this test on them and report back. Can I tested one emitter and it is shorted.
  2. secrets

I will order non inductive resistors for the half ohm but still trying to figure out the values for that thermistor.let me do some searching and I will post my findings .Cat if you are able to come up with a cross for it please lmk Thanks .Found these 0.5ohm 3 watt but they are 1% tolerance...
  3. secrets

This is the 0.5 ohm 3 watt Resistor , my question on this is what type is it as the parts list describes it as resistor only ?
  4. secrets

Finally have time to attempt to repair this unit .With the unit facing you (knobs in the front ) The left side amp board p600 has a few burned components. H 628 Thermistor 22d47 200 ohm is this Ptc or Ntc and what can I use to replace this H 612 and H 613 I crossed those with ksa1220ays and...
  5. secrets

What to replace in Ashly FET-500? (schematic attached)

I know this is an old thread bit does any one know where the bias points are dor this ashly fet 500 is ? Where to I place my leads ?
  6. secrets

Marantz 710 DC problems

Ok got the relay working again . Going to have to order fusible resistors .
  7. secrets

Marantz 710 DC problems

The resistors i changed were r743 10 ohm ,r773 10 ohm ,r709 330 ohm with no luck just sounds grumbly and not able to change bias at all and now a relay is not clicking even after cleaning .
  8. secrets

Marantz 710 DC problems

Mine is the multi voltage as well and in bad shape but a challenge . I changed those resistors to no luck as the schematic is really off on the voltages . Anyone know the value on the resistors that you guys changes ? Now the relay would not click and im also trying to figure if a transistor is...
  9. secrets

Marantz 710 DC problems

Dag no one is interested in this one?
  10. secrets

Marantz 710 DC problems

https://www.vintageshifi.com/repertoire-pdf/pdf/telecharge.php?pdf=Marantz-PM-710-DC-Service-Manual.pdf
  11. secrets

Marantz 710 DC problems

Flea market find powers on plays fine on the right channel clean and clear but the left sounds grumbly or distorted . I poked around and found that it has been worked on . I swapped the main transistors from left to right and still the same problem . I removed the amp section input wires and...
  12. secrets

Sansui 5000x mysterious left channel problem

Being that they are right beside each other I bridged the resisted legs and the problem channel sounds normal just like the other .I will have to probe that circuit a little more as they might be another fault that is causing low voltage on that side . Will check the schem to see what those...
  13. secrets

Found some of the problems , treble and volume pot had legs that were no longer connected to the pot board , found a few cold solder joints . Also found a difference in voltage for the left and right on the tone board resistors r708 and r707 ,will change those out after I find the value from the...
  14. secrets

Rec out on tape 1 and 2 as well as the rec phono in front is crackling on left and right when playing a source including fm and am ? Im about to grab the sledge and fix this real good.
  15. secrets

Having trouble tracing the audio path (in and out ) on the tone board , this ipad I have does a bad job with the schematic . Just need to trace the signal path to find where the signal is weakening.
  16. secrets

I found the problem and it was a solder bridge . I purchased this because It supposedly has a blown left channel , now both channels work but left is a tad tad bit lower with the vocals and low frequencies. I also discovered the volume pot has a leg that is separated from it and impossible to...
  17. secrets

Hello AK bros . I have a sansui 5000x with a left channel signal lost somewhere . What I have done so far was cleaned and Deoxit all pots and switches , removed jumpers and injected a signal into the rca main in and all speaker channels work .but when testing the pre amp outs I get a thin low...
  18. secrets

Nad 3150 Right Channel Low

Thanks Nad for the manuals . I really like the sound of these Nad units and with a little refurbishment they will sound great . Will have to check out the 4020 .
  19. secrets

I might have some of those trimmers on hand but will have to check the values . I am half way there on repairs just the trimmers but just noticed this unit has been touched by another man . The phono pre amp seems to be in bad shape not working and molested . Seems like someone tried to repair...
  20. secrets

Any ideas on trimmers ?
  21. secrets

Nad 3150 Trimmer Pots

Need to change the trimmer pots at vr601 and vr602 they have numbers on them 501 . Any recommendations ?
  22. secrets

Marantz Sr 2000 FM problem

Have this marantz sr 2000 with a problem with the fm mute/mono I believe . Fm will play on mono a but whisper quiet on stereo . But even on mono the volume is not very loud but it sounds as if you have most volumes set at about 3 but this receiver would have to be turn up all the way to get...
  23. secrets

Got the soft clipping circuit up and running both channels playing with it on or off ,replaced caps ,zeners and resistors but still some more re capping to be done when I receive the order of caps and op amp.
  24. secrets

I just do not like the sound too much using NE5532 as I heard some others during a comparison a while back . I will do more reasearch and touch base with you to see what you think . I can change the resistors according to the OP chosen to my liking but will need your skills and direction . I...
  25. secrets

Will be ordering some Bournes trimmers and will do some investigation on the pins hopefully the schem states the value . Connected the scope using two channels two probes 1000k test tone to aux input and probes at each pre out to compare as right is a few divisions lower but a clean similar...
Back
Top Bottom