Search results

1. saggy

What tickets are in your pocket? (What's the next concert you are headed to?)

I have 4 tickets to see Bruce at UBS Arena on Tuesday 4/11. Unfortunately I can't go. If anyone is interested I'll sell them on this board for face value, OBO. Emphasis on OBO, haha.
  2. saggy

Need help deciding on first purchase

"experienced" in McIntosh gear. haha! Understatement of the year!
  3. saggy

Loving these set ups.

We're ON!!!! haha. Next time I take my son to LI for practice I'll let you know. We can detour....
  4. saggy

Loving these set ups.

when am I invited over the house?!?!!?!?!?
  5. saggy

Ok, how about some more fun...Who here has met any famous music people?

oh I forgot about one other encounter. Back in atlanta my buddy ran a basketball game. One day his friend asked if he could bring an artist he was managing to play. My buddy said sure. In walks this tiny 13-ish year old kid. he was a pretty good player and would not stop talking shit. We...
  6. saggy

OH man - I shopped at the North Decatur Wuxtry back in college in the 90's!! I've seen Michael Stipe around town more than once. Always doing something really weird! haha
  7. saggy

Tips for whole-house audio...

haha. dude -you know the first thing I told them!!!!
  8. saggy

I'm guessing you worked in New Orleans??
  9. saggy

My experience pales in comparison to @BillWojo but I was in Georgetown on a cross-country tour with my friend in the summer of '99. It's about 5pm and a woman walks into our bar. She says, "are you boys American?" To which we reply, "Uh, yeah - why?" "Well, Bob Dylan is at the bar down the...
  10. saggy

I forgot to mention that ideally they would be able to use in-wall/ceiling speakers
  11. saggy

Show Off Your Small Listening Space

I'd sell you mine (collecting dust in my storage unit. thanks, wife!) but the shipping wouldn't be worth it. I find them to be a really good option for the price and space.
  12. saggy

I am looking for a friend who wants in-wall/in-ceiling speakers and simplicity. Doesn't need huge quality but certainly cares. Any ideas beyond Sonos about a system that would be mainly phone operated for music through the house?
  13. saggy

Show Off Your Small Listening Space

what about some Tekton Mini-Lore speakers?? They're a lot less area than the Lores (almost half the cubic footprint)!
  14. saggy

What tickets are in your pocket? (What's the next concert you are headed to?)

Have a blast! IMO, wear a mask and enjoy. I’m at a National convention right now and I’m wearing a mask - makes me feel so much more comfortable. No apologies to all the anti-science folks out there.
  15. saggy

List what pair of speakers you would buy for $3500. budget

Don't forget about Post #1. Truth is, if Brian is all-in on those speakers, you just got enough of a reason to also be all-in.
  16. saggy

List what pair of speakers you would buy for $3500. budget

Get some used Harbeth or Spendor A7 if you like the British sound.
  17. saggy

Live solo albums - truly solo

Chris Cornell - Songbook.
  18. saggy

Show us Videos of your systems! Let's see and hear them!

I always go with Seven Bridges Road by Eagles to get that 5-part male harmony kicking. a capella, biznatches.
  19. saggy

Show us Videos of your systems! Let's see and hear them!

HOLY MOLY!! wow - just amazing. Really really amazing. I have to get some stands for these puppies (they'll go where the boxes are), but these are heavenly. Absolutely worth the wait, Brian! I am running them with 35W of tube bliss. These speakers and this amp are a match made in heaven...
  20. saggy

Zu Audio Omen Dirty Weekends

Riiiiiiiiiiight.
  21. saggy

Zu Audio Omen Dirty Weekends

Awesome review! I actually found the placement to be a little more difficult than you are finding it. I wrote in to Zu and sent them a picture of my setup, and they helped me allocate more efficiently. Maybe you could do the same, just in case there's a bettert way to outfit your room? I...
  22. saggy

Happy Birthday, Bob....

just figured it was obvious that this was Bob Dylan's Dream - or at least something from Dylan.
  23. saggy

Happy Birthday, Bob....

Folks, this is what it's all about: While riding on a train goin' west I fell asleep for to take my rest I dreamed a dream that made me sad Concerning myself and the first few friends I had With half-damp eyes I stared to the room Where my friends and I'd spent many an afternoon Where we...
  24. saggy

so i finally have a stereo setup...

this is an exciting thread!! I'd love to hear more stories about your audio journey. System looks great!
Back
Top Bottom