Search results

1. S

Sabre 32

Hello. I have a Parasound P6 pre amp which uses a Sabre 32 dac. Looking for a stand alone dac that might be a step better. Thanks for your suggestions.
  2. S

Parasound Halo P6 and reel to reel

looking for instruction please. Would like to run my RtR into the P6. However, you cannot monitor the recording being made. But I think you can still hear the source material. The tape out circuit on the P6 is fixed. I can adjust the line level and output on the RtR. Does anyone see any...
  3. S

Service

would like to get my SA 9500 serviced and given the once over. Could someone please suggest the best place of person to have a peak at it? Thanks for all suggestions.
  4. S

MC Output

Both the Pioneer Spec 1 and the SA 9500 both have amps for low output carts. What is the output for both? Also, would be interested in finding a nice Spec 1. Thanks to all in advance.
  5. S

JBL 100 Grill Material

Well, I to need the JBL 100 grill Quadrex material. Not the smooth but the usual raised squares. Not the inserts as I would like to purchase as much of the material as I would like. thanks much.
  6. S

Good 80 Plus Inch TV's. 4X No content.

Not much content for ultra 4X so, what's the answer? Which are the better 80 plus inch sets and why? I've heard next years models will be better. Again, why?
  7. S

Teac X1000 R Diagnostics

Hello everyone. Just had some mechanical upgrades made on my X1000R and it seems to be doing great. However, I'm not satisfied. I've come this far but diagnostics is different as there are some things we can do and some we can't. Before I continue to record with it, I want to make sure of...
  8. S

Teac X1000R is stopping

Hello everyone. Looking for a possible cause and suggestions. My X1000R has decided to stop playing at different times. It could be 5 minutes, 30 minutes or even 2 hours. Each time it stops, there is a perfect 1 inch loop of tape under each tension arm. We thought maybe the problem was with...
  9. S

Kenwood LS 408B Speaker Refit

Big Tuna suggested replacing the caps in these speakers with traditional crossovers. He believed that a crossover with a 12db octave and 800Hz/5000Hz frequencies would be an improvement. I and my tech, replaced the caps with said crossover, rewired the entire system with a better and thicker...
  10. S

Marantz 3300 MC Phono Section

Can someone tell me what the MC phono section output is for the 3300 and is it adjustable? Thanks to all.
  11. S

SA 9500 MC Output

Can someone tell me what the output is for the MC phono section in the SA 9500? Of course there is the adjustment knob, but what is the max output? Thanks to all.
  12. S

JBL 100 Grille

Help please. I want to make my own grilles that look like the JBL 100's grilles. The ones that have the Quadrex foam squares. All I need is the amount of material I need and where to purchase it. Thanks to all in advance.
  13. S

New heads? Where?

Well, you guessed it. Looking for unused playback heads for a Teac X1000R. I know there are tons of places to look, but I'm hoping someone can tell me the top places to start the search. Places where you have had some luck. Thanks to all in advance.
  14. S

A Shout Out

Just feel I should give a shout out to the guy here who repaired and upgraded my Pioneer SA-9500, boy what a job he did. Cleaned it out, changed some caps and transistors. The sound is much cleaner and clearer. He's seen all this stuff before and knows what he's doing. I think all SS repair...
  15. S

New TT, New Cart

Looking at the new Pro-Ject Perspex TT and it's beautiful. Simple, but it's hard not to stare. Using the Dynavector 10x5 in a different table but for the new one, I thought I might steer things and try to get a different sound. Looking for a high output MC cart, 2.5mv, that has a tad more...
  16. S

Pioneer SA 9500

Need advice. I want to replace the "push in push out power switch". Everything it needs to access the power and then shut it down. A friend told me these switches aren't that expensive but I'm having a little trouble locating one. The help flag is up and thanks to everyone.
  17. S

Teac X 1000 R Reel to Reel

Need speculation and solution. While playing a tape and the load is now on the right side, I shift to reverse. When the tape begins to play, it sounds like it's double tracking then fades out. I then run the tape a few feet forward then back to the starting point and the tape plays...
  18. S

Vintage Integrated Amps

Right now I'm using a Pioneer SA 9500 and would like to upgrade. I mostly need suggestions as to where to look for this kind and type of audio equipment. Thanks much.
  19. S

Dynavector 10x5 cartridge

Need some opinions on this particular cart and thanks in advance.
  20. S

Pro-Ject Perspex Turntable

Been looking at the Pro-ject 6 Perspex table. Would love some opinions on it and if there is a better table for the money. By all means, make a cart suggestion. Any info would be great and thanks to all.
  21. S

Kenwood LS 408B speakers

Picked up a set of these and was quite surprised at how good they sound. However, I feel they could use alittle help. To these ears, the main base has a nice round sound. But, it's in the mid and upper base area I would like to try and improve. I'm wondering if I introduce a "midbase driver"...
  22. S

Intergrated Amps

Where is the best place to look for intergrated amps, mid 70's to mid 80's?
Back
Top Bottom