Search results

1. Z

Fisher 800-C on/off switch rebuild, replace.

Ill be ordering two of these as soon as i can
  2. Z

Yes about half the tubes were air. After i got my 500S I was so impressed i ponied up for this 800C even though most the tubes were air.
  3. Z

If you could find any id really appreciate it!
  4. Z

It wouldnt hurt to put a thermistor on my 500-S power switch. What rated thermistor did you use? Id imagine you put it on the side with the ac coming in.
  5. Z

So even if the switch is good you recommend using a power strip to turn it on? While my 800C is not on its feet yet the pride of my fleet right now is a fisher 500-S driving some mach ones. (Yes a 500S with the 7189 power output tubes). Its a lovely amp
  6. Z

So even if the switch is good you recommend using a power strip to turn it on? While my 800C is not on its feet yet the pride of my fleet right now is a fisher 500-S driving some mach ones. (Yes a 500S with the 7189 power output tubes). Its a lovely amp
  7. Z

Thanks. Im trying to scrounge up the tubes i need to be able to fire it up which would be one more 6gk5, 6hr6, 6aq8 , four 12ax7, and four 7591A. The rest i have on hand. I got into vinyl and audio gear the same time i got into tube radios. All that was my senior year of hs. At 21 i now have an...
  8. Z

Thanks for the responce. I know some of those tubes tend to get pricey so im hoping i can find someone with some ok ones for cheap ish to get a good feeling of where the amps at. I wouldnt mind knowing how to rebuild a on off pot but i might buy one as suggested.
  9. Z

Hello all, I recently picked up a fairly clean stand alone Fisher 800-C in an original walnut cabinet. It appears the on off switch on the volume pot has been by passed. Its been altered to probably be turned on off with a power strip. Id like to repair the switch. What do you do to take it...
  10. Z

Turntable hum

The wiring is apart from each other, also the hum was worse with the ground disconnected. Theres a second ground that clips to a post on the tt bottom cover, it quites down if I touch said post.
  11. Z

Turntable hum

No all the wires were soldered onto the terminal tree. Its all connected. I do have the SM. But I think its weird that if i touch the exterior of the rca jacks the hum gets worse. Theres a blue wire that grounds to a post on the bottom cover, and if i touch it the hum goes all the way down.
  12. Z

Turntable hum

OK So new rca cables might work. If i touch the rca jacks they hum increases dramatically, even though theyre coated in rubber.
  13. Z

Turntable hum

It had just as much hum when the cart was installed as well. Anyways if anyones familiar with this turntable, theres a little blue wire that grounds to a post on the silver side of the bottom lid. If i hold onto this post with the blue wire attachted thehu goes back to what would be considered...
  14. Z

Turntable hum

Actually the cartridge is bad and I have it removed. The head shell is on tight, and I just took it off and put it back on again. The rca cords arent intertangled, and itll hum if the tt is plugged in or out. There might be an open ground because itll quite down if I have my finger on the tone...
  15. Z

Turntable hum

So I got this pioneer pl 117D for free the other day and plan on replacing my sears roebuck lxi belt drive tt with it. I cleaned it up and tried hooking it up to my set up, which atm is a vector research vr 2000 fm/am receiver, a pair of 2nd gen realistic mach ones (with new foam surrounds), and...
  16. Z

Kr-7400 Power Transformer Conundrum

It was the broken power selector switch. Now it runs fine but the right channel is silent. I have a few caps in the main amp board i suspect are dead and causing that. Thank you!
  17. Z

I pushed it up before testing
  18. Z

Speaking of power selector, there was a selector switch broken and stuck in the 220vpower selection.
  19. Z

Thank you, im gonna try that when i get home roday.
  20. Z

It could be a faulty power switch?
  21. Z

I do have the service manual and it doesnt tell much for trouble shooting the power supply.
  22. Z

Hello I recently got a kenwood kr 7400 stereo reciever from a co worker recently. It had been in his shed for a while (2-3 years) and sold it to me cheap $15 bucks. I tool it home, looked through it and decided not to power it up since a lot of caps were visibly damaged, not to mention those two...
  23. Z

KLH model 6 speakers

Thank you sir !
  24. Z

KLH model 6 speakers

Hello I just registered to AK and a few weeks ago I bought a pair of these klh model six loudspeakers and I must say they sound pretty good. Ohm meter tested about 7.5 ohms or so rather than 8 but that's close enough. My question is that the serial number is 121722 and would just like to know...
Back
Top Bottom