Search results

1. Timothy Flath

Let's Restore a Dynaco PAT-5!

That's why I like the PAT-4. Dan over at UMD makes a wonderful selector switch relay system only for the PAT-4 that beats the pants off of the original selector switch I hear - it ain't cheap though. I have 2 X PAT-4 and 2 X PAT-5 currenly that I am working on. Sadly no decent switch for the...
  2. Timothy Flath

Denon DP 23f cartridge recommendations?

You cannot just use any 1/2 inch cart because there is a very fine height tolerance with this table - arm height is not adjustable.
  3. Timothy Flath

Marantz 6300 Restoration Project with 3 Issues

Part 4: Problematic counterweight issue resolution:
  4. Timothy Flath

Part 3: No Sound Left Channel Issue:
  5. Timothy Flath

Part 2 - Anti-skate mechanism repair:
  6. Timothy Flath

I just completed a fun 4 part series on restoring a problematic Marantz 6300 Turntable that I received in trade with 3 major issues. Part 1 below describes the issues I encountered and Parts 2 thru 4 appended below in my comments section goes through how I overcame each of these 3 major hurdles...
  7. Timothy Flath

Technics overhang gauge

Awesome! - printing one out from Thingiverse (free 3D models) as I type this! Will work with the SL-1900 as well as the SL-1200 series: Model is located here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2970354
  8. Timothy Flath

Pioneer SX-950 Restoration Project

My pleasure - glad you are back up and running. I still use mine daily:music:
  9. Timothy Flath

Thorens TD-160 Mk 1 Tune-Up and Setup Project

Thank you muchly Brian. I should visit back on this thread more often. I do have quite a number of TD-165 refurbishing videos posted on my YouTube Channel as well. I think I had 4 or 5 of them at one time. Simply go to YouTube Search and type "Navydiving Thorens" or "Navydiving TD-165" and you...
  10. Timothy Flath

Response is time late I know but look closely on the Q-up device and you will see two sliders. One adjusts the torque or forcefulness that the arm snaps up and the other adjusts the sensitivity of the trigger. Play with those two as well as the height of the Q-Up device in the cradle and I am...
  11. Timothy Flath

The long awaited capstone piece - a brand spanking new DIY Dust Cover to give it some cool factor! Note: Long video alert so please use the playback slider bar judiciously. Hope you enjoy...
  12. Timothy Flath

Pioneer Component Serial Numbers

Pioneer SX-650 recently added = XE3408014S Pioneer CT-F850 recently added = AF9304172
  13. Timothy Flath

Nakamichi 500 help

Anybody sort out the pegged vu meter problem? Left VU is pegged when I play it. Transport works fine.
  14. Timothy Flath

Here is the next fun installment in my video series:
  15. Timothy Flath

Thank you kindly
  16. Timothy Flath

Nakamichi 500 help

Holy crap - finally found the offensive thing. All this for a simple belt change (and yeah 6 screws I think - I have two decks and the other has a screw in another place not shown in this video):(
  17. Timothy Flath

Nakamichi 500 help

Hate to resurrect this old thread. Where the bloody hell is the 5th screw holding the top cover on? Got 2 of these partially apart and cannot get the top off at all. I am stymied! The crap service manual is of no help whatsoever:mad: Updated after the fact: Deck 2 shows 6 screws. The first deck...
  18. Timothy Flath

Hello again all, A lttle comparison video of Headshells as promised earlier in this thread (2 posts up at #43). Please also see the YouTube comments section of the video linked below to watch other related videos that I created during the development of these headshells. I want to reiterate that...
  19. Timothy Flath

Since this 3D headshell mass/construct topic seems to have hit a nerve with many and despite the fact it was not my intention to go here with this video series, I shall endeavour to make this the subject of my next video. I think you and everyone will be surprised and interested with the results...
  20. Timothy Flath

A thrust bearing "may" be helpful in your case then. It lifts the shaft up off the base of the motor with the use of a very hard ball bearing and lubricant to smooth out the rotating shaft. Linked below is one of the ones I bought. I also heard Dave at Vinyl Nirvana used to sell a similar one...
  21. Timothy Flath

Part 7 - The first sound check. A lot of nasty smart phone mic artifacts near the beginning so the sound here does not even come close to how it sounds live in person sorry to say but it does get a bit better in the musical passages towards the end if listening to a decent media system rather...
  22. Timothy Flath

Much appreciated, Thank you Have you tried a thrust bearing yet or is the motor shaft bent?
  23. Timothy Flath

Not defensive, just factual and absolutely not an expert (thought I made that clear at the start of this video series). Suit yourself though, you certainly do have choices. I cannot change peoples minds unless they are willing to try it for themselves especially when the cost is quite...
  24. Timothy Flath

Part 6 is now a wrap and we are getting much closer to completion. Most of the hard parts are done now which is the good news. This particular video covers: Tonearm Bearing Verification, Tonearm Setup and a Plinth Change. There are still some more interesting videos yet to come. First and...
Back
Top Bottom