Search results

1. bigamps

2252B Signal Strength Meter ?

After verifying that the FM and AM board wasn't causing the jumpiness, I traced out the rest of the circuit. You would think that the ground for the level meter cap, which resides on the phono/switching board, would terminate on the local ground point on that phono/switch board. However the...
  2. bigamps

2252B Signal Strength Meter ?

In case anyone has this type of issue in the future, check for resistance from pin J713 to ground on the power board. You should be as close to zero ohms as possible since that point is suppose to go to ground. However a dancing meter will probable be seeing around 1 or more ohms. A couple of...
  3. bigamps

Auction Carver Amazings

Just to blow everyone's mind. Those Carver speakers were Merrill Womack's and came from his estate. Don't know who he is? Look him up!
  4. bigamps

SX-1250 tuning string is broken

I recently had to restring a 1250 and went to the local tackle shop and bought 30 pound test trolling and surfing line. Labeled Braided Dacron Polyester, Great Water IGFA class by Mason. Its a 300 yard roll, probably good enough for 100+ restringing jobs. The string looks and feels nearly...
  5. bigamps

Rare speakers

Nice find. I wonder Pacific Coast Casket was? There was three casket companies here in "Mullet City" to my knowledge. One is now a condo complex on north Atlantic, another in Peaceful Valley which torn down in the 80s/90s the other was torn down for I-90.
  6. bigamps

So I think I pulled the thread on a sweater...

I have restored a handful of RC500 amps and you're experience is more the norm than the exception.
  7. bigamps

Is your unobtainium power switch worth $5 and an hour or so of your time?

http://www.p3international.com/products/p4400.html A nifty inline device to monitor line conditions.
  8. bigamps

Is your unobtainium power switch worth $5 and an hour or so of your time?

This mod works like a champ. But beware of false current readings if you use a kill-a-watt to monitor current draw. I just wasted 2 hours trying to find a ghost 60 watt power draw on a Sansui AU-9500. This Alternistor must toss some interference back into the power line that throws off the...
  9. bigamps

What do I HAVE?

I picked the exact same console a few weeks ago. All I could find out is the manufacturer is "Ultratone" and it is made in USA. Mine came with a yellowed service manual and I've included the schematic. Check out that funky voltage doubler/serial filter capacitor arrangement.
  10. bigamps

Saturday tube finds

Nice pull Harry. Where did that beast come from?
  11. bigamps

Leak console

Amazing find Harry! I'll have to give you a call. Wow!
  12. bigamps

Fisher 100 twins have arrived

Don, The transformers don't get excessively hot when these amps are running properly and it's quite common to see the potting goo running out like example you have. The multisectional resistor must get really hot when the caps start failing. You can see that the goo is coming out on the...
  13. bigamps

Fisher 100 twins have arrived

If you read the Sam's folder for the Fisher 100, they tell you how to adjust the phase splitter. Unfortunately it does require a distortion analyzer, but this would be a good time to purchase a HP 334A (they're cheap, $30-40 if you watch and wait at that 'auction place'). I restored, or at...
  14. bigamps

Sansui Quality..?

Here is your schematic for the PR-330. Warning: Large image and I am not sure how long my picture server is going to be up and running.
  15. bigamps

Hey Mike, Next time you're in the neighborhood of Unified Groove, I have your Deoxit in if...

Hey Mike, Next time you're in the neighborhood of Unified Groove, I have your Deoxit in if you're still interested. Later, Joel
  16. bigamps

Filter Choke Question

I just finished restoring a pair of 500s and suffered from one having a blown 25H (actually 30H) choke as well. I replaced the choke in both amps with the Hammond 157G choke and they seem to work fine with no drilling or modifications. I do have an original factory schematic and the choke is...
  17. bigamps

Sansui Mono Tube Setup on the Bay

That is the original box for the preamp, it even has the model number stamped on it in a couple of places. The Sansui graphic on the box is amazing and I will take a few pictures of that and update the auction. The power amp is homebrew, aluminum chassis and expertly built in Japan. There...
  18. bigamps

Yeah, I'm not much of a poster, more of a lurker. I'll refrain from promoting my auctions in the future, but I just couldn't help myself this one time.
  19. bigamps

I'm the seller and it has been a blast playing with this combo. I hope it does go for some good money to take the sting away from letting it go!
  20. bigamps

Question about selling a BA-5000

I've been lurking this forum awhile, but this is my first chance to ask the Sansui pros a question. I just scored (hold onto your socks now) a CA-3000 preamp and a BA-5000 power amp for a tiny amount of money at an yardsale. Now, I'm considering keeping the 3000 and it seems to work fine...
Back
Top Bottom