Gee that went well
  3. DEANO222

Phase Linear 400

I find that Phoenix board atrocious, the search engine is hopeless
  4. DEANO222

Phase Linear 400

It's called PL14 board and backplane board replacements
  5. DEANO222

NEC A-910 vs. Denon PMA-900V vs. Luxman L-410: who wins?

I have an NEC A-610 I can't believe the build quality and components full of Rubycon and Nichicon caps definitely laid out better than a Luxman . I also have a Luxman L-405 and really they sound very similar with the NEC having the edge sweet but detailed and gutsy .
  6. DEANO222

Is the luxman l-405 any good?

They are 70 watts a side
  7. DEANO222

voice coil rub -any tricks to fixing them?

I know this is a very old thread by chance were they Duntech Viceroys ? I have one rubbing voice coil which I believe is sagging . Audax drivers ?
  8. DEANO222

KEF 104 ab

Thanks worked it out
  9. DEANO222

KEF 104 ab

How do I access Barter Town says I don't have authority?
  10. DEANO222

KEF 104 ab

I have a single box with crossovers but no drivers in good condition "FREE'' to anyone who wants it . I'm in Drouin Victoria I could send it at your cost if you want it
  11. DEANO222

Toshiba SR-255 info and place in pecking order?

I just bought a brand new old stock that came from Japan and those leads are the genuine real deal . Mine literally had the origin I just bought a brand new old stock with original carton and it has those red and white leads you mentioned . Mine still had the original Japanese writing on the...
  12. DEANO222

There is no where to fit a auto lift as the arm board has a significant slope on it
  13. DEANO222

There is no where to fit a auto lift as the arm board has a significant slope on it
  14. DEANO222

Pioneer BDP-LX70A as a CD Player

I picked up the Pioneer blueray player pretty cheaply with the intention of using it as CD player managed to get it to play War of the World's, Pink Floyd's Dark side of the moon SACD CD layer and a few others but generally it either says Can't Play ( I'm thinking copyright protection) or No...
  15. DEANO222

NAD 2200, educate me.

Hi thanks for that I as I said getting the higher voltage is easy enough so I'll just go with that ( higher voltage) .
  16. DEANO222

NAD 2200, educate me.

Thanks for the effort but the voltage rail in bridged mode is 96v so an 80v cap wouldn't last very long as I said the voltage needs to be 150v in my opinion , perhaps if I can't get the right uf value might look at paralleling some .
  17. DEANO222

NAD 2200, educate me.

Any ideas on where to get those 10000uf 120v 105°caps ? I can find 10000uf ( though would like to go to 15000uf ) 200v but cannot find 120v anywhere ?
  18. DEANO222

The Mordaunt-Short Owners Thread

Pretty much all Mordaunt Shorts sound pretty good but if they are from the 80's they might have those dreaded Elcaps in them but regardless the caps will need replacing . If your up to it and can do it changing out the probable bloody awful spring clips , beefing up the woofer wires and placing...
  19. DEANO222

Mirsch speakers

Here are a few images of a Mirsch OM-71 selling on eBay at the moment , they have 3 way on the front what looks like a passive radiator on the bottom and an additional upwards firing additional tweeter. The seller wants $680 Aus , which looks not that unreasonable given the build is nice quality
  20. DEANO222

Re-doping a silk dome tweeter?

Excellent well done , I used my ears and got great results with mine .
  21. DEANO222

Phase Linear 700 Series 2 Power Amp.

Decided against getting the 700 ii , I'll finish the 400 first and worry about it next time .
  22. DEANO222

Phase Linear 700 Series 2 Power Amp.

Just got offered a 700 series 2 for $350 one channel on the blink ( Australian for not working properly ) intermittently ? Thoughts people I have a 400 with the new Phoenix recommended caps and output transistors about to go in
  23. DEANO222

JVC- were they quality, or bunk?

Sounding very good though if I go in again I'll bring that 9500hz crossover down a bit
  24. DEANO222

JVC- were they quality, or bunk?

New surrounds hew polypropylene caps sound okay
Back
Top Bottom