Search results

1. Acespaceman

Huh? Questioning cartridge recommendations for my JVC VL-8

I'll offer a low cost alternative that blows me away every time I use it on my S arm TTs. Shure's M35X ... or their SC35c with the N35X stylus installed. IMO, you need to spend hundreds of dollars more to get a better sounding cart for a medium mass S arm TT. They're $59 most places.
  2. Acespaceman

Huh? Questioning cartridge recommendations for my JVC VL-8

What kind of music do you listen to mostly? Critical listening, or something more casual?
  3. Acespaceman

What is your occupation?

:cool:
  4. Acespaceman

What is your occupation?

Aerospace Engineer for a DoD Contractor.
  5. Acespaceman

What are you listening to on your reel to reel right now?

The Bagpipes in "Long Way to The Top"!
  6. Acespaceman

The Last Jedi (Star Wars 8)

Saw it Thursday night. I walked out of the theatre thinking "That is my new favorite SW movie". For reference, I saw A New Hope at the age of 8, and have been a casual fan of the franchise ever since. Disregarding the HORRIBLE Episodes 1-3, I've liked them all. Empire Strikes Back has been...
  7. Acespaceman

Which is the best Marantz receiver?

The 2245 is my "Keeper". It's just the best sounding receiver I've ever owned. 1989 850ci
  8. Acespaceman

Keeping secrets... Great under the radar gear.

The gear I'm talking about is stuff I ALREADY OWN. I'm not a hoarder, so I don't buy multiples of anything. So I'm not looking to "Buy it for cheap" I'm simply talking about actively trying to not contribute to driving up the price on some of the last "Good Deals" out there. I would have...
  9. Acespaceman

I've seen new versions of those STK-0050's on Ebay for very reasonable prices readily available. Do the new ones not work? I like my Pioneer SX-780 which uses the same chips... Hope the new ones are viable if I need em!
  10. Acespaceman

I think I'll just give up Bret. Unfortunate, but I cannot recall another time I've been so completely unsuccessful at communicating my thoughts with any other individual. Have a good one.
  11. Acespaceman

Thanks a lot! Now EVERYONE'S gonna want to move here. When I can't afford to live here anymore.... It's your fault! LOL:p
  12. Acespaceman

WOW!! I aparently typed a lot of things I don't remember typing. I thought it was an honest, innocent question about how we feel about Hype/Price in the Vintage Market.... Never thought it was supporting evidence for my personal character assasination. A simple "Yes", or "No" would have...
  13. Acespaceman

Excellent post, and very altruistic. Let's look at it a different way though. All of my friends, and family are very aware of my passion for vintage audio. From time to time, one of them will ask me for advice on a certain type of gear that they've either never owned yet always thought was...
  14. Acespaceman

LOL... Your signature pretty much nails this philosophy.
  15. Acespaceman

Seems simple... I'm not asking anyone to divulge a secret... Just asking if they do indeed keep some of these things to themselves like I do.
  16. Acespaceman

I love my STA-2000D, and Mach 2s! Not exactly under the Radar anymore. :(
  17. Acespaceman

Just to be clear, I'm NOT asking what gear is flying under the radar. I'm asking if anyone else refrains from talking about said gear... to KEEP it that way. :)
  18. Acespaceman

Thanks. That was very constructive.
  19. Acespaceman

State of the art, circa 1970?

Before they shifted gears to making mass marketed Psuedo-Fi for people who didn't know any better... They made some serious heavy hitters.
  20. Acespaceman

Is it just me, or does anyone else have a piece of great vintage gear or two that still flies under the radar, and you're afraid to talk it up on the internet because you're worried that everyone will find out about your favorite little unknown gem, and the prices will skyrocket? Seems silly...
  21. Acespaceman

Super Slick Slick Stuff as a Pot cleaner

Thank you for correcting me. Of course most anything is combustible given proper heat, and pressure. I don't believe anything lanolin based is going to burn in electrical equipment unless said piece of gear was already on fire :rflmao:. Thanks for the DeOxit link. Good read!
  22. Acespaceman

Most spray lubricants are going to have a substantial amount of solvent in them. The solvent IS the cleaner. DeOxit D5 for example, the SDS says it's mostly Naptha. Same as RemOil. The lubricant part is different though. RemOil uses white mineral oil as the lube... Baby Oil. Should be...
  23. Acespaceman

Good to know. I had thought about trying Rem Oil for quite a while. Always seemed like it would be good for the job. Thanks for confirming that it worked! Without knowing the chemical make up of the stuff, My guess is that if it won't harm a delicate blued finish, or a wood/plastic grip on...
  24. Acespaceman

PE is sorta local. It's about a 45 minute drive from where I'm at. Hour, and a half round trip, vs about 7 minutes to Lowes. I do go there on a fairly regular basis, but I don't like to have to go there for just a can of Deoxit if I don't have to. As for the SSSS, so far it does work. It's...
Back
Top Bottom