Search results

1. Chimbot

Phono stage suggestions with Mac

Curious- I’ve read that Mac phono stages are already pretty darn good as is but wondering what else I can do to elevate anything? (Within reason as budget is an issue) I’m currently running: Mac MA6900 MoFi Ultradeck TT w/a Sumiko blue point special MC (H.O. as my Mac can run this w/o any...
  2. Chimbot

MA6900 as a power amp only...

I agree- I keep going back to it in my comparisons to my other Mac amps (6900,6200) and the 252 has something different for sure. I don’t have a sub but am curious about it. My speakers are Dynaudio Focus 340 and they have a surprising good bass for the small speakers that they are. Really dig them.
  3. Chimbot

Hmmm... let’s see- well I have a MA6900 still and am currently using the newer hybrid MA 252. Ive gone back and forth with a good grip of my fave records and did close listening to them through both amps. While the MA6900 has much more power than the MA252 at the end of the day, I don’t listen...
  4. Chimbot

Yep- C (not MC) thx for clarification :) I still have my MA6900 and IF I were to get the Tube pre amp, I wouldn’t be able to afford for sometime any tube power amp (to go with said tube pre) I just assume that the power amp stage in the 6900 would be sufficient on its own as a temporary use? I...
  5. Chimbot

hello audio vets n wizards. Ok- I’m currently using a MA252 hybrid tube integrated, while I really like it, I can’t help but think “what if” it only had a tube phono? So... I was thinking, what if I were to get a MC2200 or MC2300 tube pre and used the MA6900 as a power amp. Would this be a...
  6. Chimbot

Curious on this possible blend of Macs...

Hey! Thx for the advice! I guess to clarify - I currently already own a 6900 and also own one of the newer ma252 (the hybrid SS with the tube pre-amp) but I was thinking of selling the ma252 and getting a separate tube pre and blending it with the 6900 (as the power amp). Sounds psychotic I know...
  7. Chimbot

Curious on this possible blend of Macs...

hey Mac vets, I’ve been being told by many that the key to ultimate vinyl listening and sound is in the pre-amp ala tube pre-amp. Would it be dumb to set up any Mac tube pre and use a MA6900 as the power amp??? The 6900 has lots power. Would this work? Has anyone tried this much? Genuinely...
  8. Chimbot

Mac chrome cleaning

Rookie question here, but what do you all use to clean the chrome on a Mac? My ma252 has a lot of it and it gets dusty here in San Diego pretty fast. I notice it gets a coat and kinda sticks. I’m paranoid to scratch it already as is! Thx in advance!
  9. Chimbot

Using Mac ma6200 or 6900 as a pre

Hey, thank you for this info! Ok- someone I talked to also said this in regards to my ma6900- that I could just use the power amp portion of the 6900 and buy a tube preamp. He said I might get a bit more tasty feel all around.
  10. Chimbot

Using Mac ma6200 or 6900 as a pre

Curious here... let’s say if I came up on a MA275. Instead of having to buy a dedicated pre-amp, would a ma6200 or ma6900 be a suitable pre-amp? I’ve heard that the 6200 was equal to the C26(!?!) preamps? Not sure about the 6900 even though it’s more beastly in power. Curious as to what light...
  11. Chimbot

McIntosh MA252

While I have not had your set up of Macs, I previously had Mac MA6200/6500 & last the 6900. I was able to demo the MA252 at home with my set up/speakers (Cornwalls at the time now Dynaudio Focus 340's as of last week) and after A/B between the 6900 (much more power etc) and the 252, for me I...
  12. Chimbot

Bowers & Wilkins 803s

*** there is those times whom solo and I can FLYYYY” haha
  13. Chimbot

Bowers & Wilkins 803s

Thank you for the feedback! Great to know, to be honest, with kids and wife, I mostly listen to music at lower volumes but there is those times when I’m solo and I can “
  14. Chimbot

Bowers & Wilkins 803s

They are listed as 803s , def not the Diamond series. Great to know that the pairing of Mac and B&W is a good one!
  15. Chimbot

Bowers & Wilkins 803s

Howdy all. Curious if anyone out their might have some knowledge on these speakers? I currently run (and just recently got a McIntosh MA252 going through vintage Cornwall’s) I have an opportunity to pick these up at a pretty decent cost. I hear they need lots of power though, my MA252 is a...
  16. Chimbot

Best speakers for Loud Rock music & Mcintosh

Dayum. Those look bad ass actually. And like they can BLAAAASSSSSST!!!
  17. Chimbot

Maybe if her name was actually “Diana CRAWL”
  18. Chimbot

I think these will uh “rock the nation” haha
  19. Chimbot

Those look fuk’n amazing! Oh yea I bet they can slice some ears!
  20. Chimbot

Def agree with you, I guess what I was more curious about was the higher end speakers like Sonus Faber or dynaudio. The Sonus demos online are always on music that isn’t Rock/Alternstive or Metal which makes me wonder if the sound would not be the best match for those genres? I mean I’m sure...
  21. Chimbot

Oh wow! Those are beefmasters! That’s a mean looking set up there. Pardon my inexperience but what are Valencia’s? A diff type of speaker?
  22. Chimbot

Nice! This is exactly what I’m talking about, whenever I go on you tube to watch a review of something it’s always like breathy SADE type stuff, which is all good but yeah- what about death & black metal? Your post made me dig deep and I played the first Dismemeber lp. It sounded fuk’n...
  23. Chimbot

I think we could be on to something. It is almost 2019 after all haha
  24. Chimbot

Right on, to clarify- I’m really happy overall with my Mac n’ Corn combo. It covers really any genre (that I listen too) very well and yes they are neighbor killers! With a wife and kid, it’s not too often I get to really blast them but what I really like about them is they sound great at...
Back
Top Bottom