Search results

1. J

Dual 1216 find

You are right. That is the spring! But that sure looks like the ball sunk into the hole. I tried magnetized screw drivers to pull it out, no luck so far...
  2. J

Dual 1216 find

Fun and frustrating times! Looks like the ball had a compression spring holding it in place that I've now lost...please tell me these are still easy to replace? :eek: The service manual doesn't mention the size. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ip2obmij8v6f3ny/DSC01315.JPG?dl=0...
  3. J

Dual 1216 find

Thank you! That worked. Any recommendations for cartridge?
  4. J

Dual 1216 find

Thanks. My first obstacle is removing the platter. It looks like the retaining ring either isn't in place or is deeply embedded. I assumed it was the latter and you can see its scraped up now from me hacking it with a screw driver. :( The platter doesn't pull off. So either that's the ring or...
  5. J

Dual 1216 find

Picked this up today. The platter doesn't spin and the start button doesn't seem to switch on unless I manually spin the platter. I'm hoping its because it doesn't have a cartridge? Suggested cartridge? I've browsed older discussion threads, just want to see if opinions have changed. It...
  6. J

Hello from Washington, DC

I'm in the Georgetown area. I'm around GMU regularly.
  7. J

Those must be some pretty expensive headphones you have there...
  8. J

DMV folks...Where you at?

Joined recently and I'm a relative newbie but would love to connect with a broader group!
  9. J

Would love to attend a get together. Is there a thread or POC for organizing those?
  10. J

Replacement Tulip Stands for KLH twenty plus speakers

I do like the tulip stands. Using the Bose stands sounds like a great idea! Thanks! I'll pick up a pair on eBay. What do you think about building a record player cabinet to match the original look?
  11. J

Replacement Tulip Stands for KLH twenty plus speakers

Narrowing down my new speaker collection to the two or three I will keep. I really like the KLH speakers, and I want to find a replacement tulip stand for the Twenty Plus, any ideas? Should I fabricate something out of wood?
  12. J

I've just gotten into this via a friend I work with. Since we first discussed vintage audio gear four weeks ago I've accumulated a few too many speakers...I told my wife we are auditioning them and will sell or give away the ones we don't like...The KLH twenty plus will go into storage until I...
Back
Top Bottom