Search results

1. TheAnalogman

Purchased a Technics SL-1800, what next?

A long delay coming from Canada, but everything worked out great. Putting in the 1700 arm in the 1800 was a breeze. Plus, taking apart, learning about the TT, and cleaning the 1800 was a good move as well. Everything works well and I'm pleased. For now. :beerchug: Who know what bug will hit me...
  2. TheAnalogman

Yep. Another Bookshelf speaker question.

Fantastic! Great treble without piercing my ears. Good amount of quality bass. Smooth midrange. And if you prefer, they can get really loud.
  3. TheAnalogman

Yep. Another Bookshelf speaker question.

I needed smaller speakers for atop the living room buffet.
  4. TheAnalogman

Should I get rid of my analog rig?

+1 However, if you hardly listen to music at all, then sell it.
  5. TheAnalogman

A review of FX Audio 6j1 tube preamp, not?

I ordered the FX Audio Tube-03 via Aliexpress, which looks exactly like what you received but with a different name (Suca). I ordered it on March 30th, still not here. Maybe I got Suca'd.
  6. TheAnalogman

A review of FX Audio 6j1 tube preamp, not?

Hey Rob, Do the Op Amps pop out or do I need to solder?
  7. TheAnalogman

Starting my vinyl journey... need cart rec. for Technics TT

+1 on this Denon. A remarkable Cart, especially in the price range.
  8. TheAnalogman

Well, I Just Did My Part to Stimulate the Economy

Fantastic purchase! Enjoy.
  9. TheAnalogman

The Official -Technics SL-1600/1700/1800- Owners Thread

Purchased a SL-1610 Friday Afternoon at the local Feed &Seed/Antique store! Runs fairly well, a bit wonky putting the Cart down in the correct place in Auto mode. Already read the threads here and on VE on how to fix it, and will try later this week. Works perfectly in manual mode, steady speed...
  10. TheAnalogman

An hour after my last post I found a Technics SL-1610 at the Feed and Seed/Antique store. Nice shape, inexpensive. Listened to several albums last evening. :banana:
  11. TheAnalogman

Got a 1700 arm on the way. Hopefully, things will work out. The only Local shop that sells gear (Mostly used) is closed. Can't find any halfway decent tables at Goodwill, etc. So I wait. Thanks to everyone who has helped in my thread. It is truly appreciated. Now.....if ya got a cheap decent...
  12. TheAnalogman

I WILL NOT! I promise. You speak as one with experience. I am one as well, but not with Technics Turntables. Thanks, Mr. Relish.
  13. TheAnalogman

Any recommendations? From a reliable seller?
  14. TheAnalogman

Can I assume that a comparison/contrast of the two arms will tell me what I can remove safely?
  15. TheAnalogman

Will a SL-1700 tonearm fit easily?
  16. TheAnalogman

I'm getting a 86% refund plus I keep the deck. Who wants to be brave enough to tell me what arm to get and how to install it
  17. TheAnalogman

Excellent advice, thanks. I did just that. We shall see if I get a response. I have no idea what kind of arm board and tonearm I could use, but I don't wanna spend too much dough on this.
  18. TheAnalogman

Strangely enough the broken off ragged edges don't even come close to matching. Its like other small pieces disappeared.
  19. TheAnalogman

Absolutely sir. That was my first online turntable buy, it was also my last.
  20. TheAnalogman

I've been offered a 50% refund ($100). I dunno if I should take that and part out the turntable, or return it. Since I received a partial refund offer, that auction site will not get involved to help me until June 22nd. Good grief.
  21. TheAnalogman

Exactly! So easy to do. The platter is whisper quiet, holds speed fine. This would have been a good deal.....
  22. TheAnalogman

I didn't know the 1200 tonearm would fit?
  23. TheAnalogman

I sent a return request. Well see how it goes. I have a $150 cartridge on its way too. :mad:
  24. TheAnalogman

Well the plastic tube for the tonearm weight snapped off during shipping. I dunno if I can fix it. I dunno if I want to. 2 big gouges on the tonearm as well. I'll do a further investigation in a bit.
Back
Top Bottom