Search results

1. Scottyb451

Lii Audio Drivers

Been reading through this thread the last couple days. I have a pair of F15s I am planning to OB as of now, but still in the concept stage. Thanks for all the insight here. BTW, the Crystal 10 cabinet plans are here. https://www.lii-audio.com/dt_gallery/plans-for-cabinets-crystal-10-fast-10/
  2. Scottyb451

Schematic Links, Tube retail links, local tube testers

Hickok 600a Asheville, NC Happy to help others verify tube status.
  3. Scottyb451

Hickok 600A

I have reviewed the compiled lists. Though much more comprehensive and greatly appreciated I happen to desire some settings unlisted there. Surprising KT77 is not listed. Not surprising the USSR tubes are not. As I get to know this tester I'll bet I can get some refernces to work with. Of...
  4. Scottyb451

Hickok 600A

Ok, so I figured out the first half of my question. I knew it was operator malfunction. I'm starting to get a little feel for this device, as well the comments in this thread about relative accuracy. I am still curious about tube settings for tubes similar but not listed on Steven Johnsons website?
  5. Scottyb451

Hickok 600A

I hope this thread still has some life in it. You contributors have been a great help so far and I likely need to read this all again. I just bought a refurbished 600A and have tested some 80 rectifiers and 27&56 5 pin tubes and all seems to be working properly. I then moved to some 6sn7s and my...
  6. Scottyb451

Comment by 'Scottyb451' in media 'CIMG5894'

I'm guessing you don't drive those with a sreering wheel and pedals.
  7. Scottyb451

Epos ES-14 tweek.

AKers, I have a pair of Epos ES-14s I bought new back in about 96' They have been out of the rotation for a while but I have recently plugged them in to my Dennis Had Inspire PSE amp to get a feel for if I should keep them around or not. I am still pretty much impressed with these speakers. In...
  8. Scottyb451

RCA phono pre power supply, need a little help.

Blasty, No worries. Your post is much informative and not what I would consider a hijacking at all, especially since it was your schematic which I started the thread with. Sadly, this project is on hold for now. Life has bumped many things higher on the list. Someday I hope to continue.
  9. Scottyb451

Analog Addict's Altec Mancave System

That's AWSOME AA!!. Had seen picts of the stacked altecs elsewhere but really had no idea the extent of this Mancave. I assume you do not rent. Scott Aka BearCityUSA
  10. Scottyb451

Thanks guys. I am going to have to study this for a bit to undestand the significance. I will likely have a question or two later.
  11. Scottyb451

Binary, As I mentiond in a round about way, I do not fully understand how this all works. Would you be so kind as to diagram you "Inject your positive heater bias at the center tap of one of the tube heaters". I do not quite understand. Thank you for your input and patience.
  12. Scottyb451

Sorry for the poor quality image of the schematic. Try this one. Tcdriver and Kward, Thanks for getting back to me. It seems you are both suggesting the same path. As I said before I am fuzzy on how this all works and learn a lot with each task I attempt. As I borrowed portions of this...
  13. Scottyb451

Hello AKrs, I am plannin an RCA phono pre build using some helpful threads here. The audio circuit I am plannning to use is this one posted by D.L. Window (not sure his username). I have a couple builds under my belt and am feeling a little frisky so I thought I would work on the PS circuit...
  14. Scottyb451

Finally starting my 27/56 pre amp build...

Analog, Just now have gone through this thread. I did not realize as I attanded the listening session at Dennis' the significance of your build as we were shuffling between amps and sources. Having heard this pre I can attest to its transparency and accuracy. Now having read this I can see your...
  15. Scottyb451

Magnavox Flea Power: Getting More Out Of The 8600 Series - A Lot More!

Thanks Ziftron and Dave. I do recall these things from my reading but having not done a lot of this type of work I am not practiced in good practices. I will see if I can find some time to get back under this unit and clean things up a bit. I wired this a few months back and I remember just...
  16. Scottyb451

Well, everybody says it should be quiet then it should be quiet. Here is a picture of modest quality. Let me know what you all think.
  17. Scottyb451

I have had my DG-SE1 up and running for a while. If feel it has broken in with the forward and aft compenents broken in as well at this point. Im pretty happy with what I have going at the moment but I cannot say that mine is dead silent. There is definetly a little hum from my 93db@1m speakers...
  18. Scottyb451

Dynaco FM-3 hum!

Well, I followed pretty must all the recommendations presented here and replaced all resistors and caps and it seems like the hum is gone though I have only had it up and running for a short time. As I was aligning the unit per the Dynaco instructions I have come up against something I do not...
  19. Scottyb451

Dynaco FM-3 hum!

Thank you all. Your suggestions are just what I needed. I now know that the hum is not inherent and I also have direction toward a solution. Love the AK community.
  20. Scottyb451

Dynaco FM-3 hum!

This may be covered in one of the many Dynaco FM3 threads and infact I im sure it is. In stead of reading for many days looking for the answer I beg you AKer's kindness to direct me to the appropriate thread or enlighten me as I am a novice at best here on AK and with tube audio repair. I have...
  21. Scottyb451

Need help with my Magnavox 8802!

Thanks. Your absolutely right. I recently had to repair some Cary mono-blocks for the exact same issue. I should have seen it.
  22. Scottyb451

8/4 poplar with a blue minwax water base stain with a water based acrylic top coat (3).
  23. Scottyb451

Thanks guys. I wanted to have someone else say don't worry about it before I didn't. I will check my heater voltages and if all is still as is I will plug in and play. I am curios to compare this to other equipment I have. By the way here is a top side photo.
  24. Scottyb451

Hello all and thank you for your help in advance. I am very much the Newbee to this site and diy audio in general so bare with me. I have an 8802 which I have refurbished with all new caps and resistors and I have followed the necessary mods which have been called for here on AK as the minimums...
  25. Scottyb451

Thanks Dave, Sorry to hear about your Dad. I did that myself a couple years ago. My sympathies for you and yours. Due let me know about these OPTs or just post back to this thread and I will see it there. No rush of course. Family is way more important. Speaking of which, did you ever do this...
Back
Top Bottom