Search results

1. btkc97

a set of cheap speakers that sound surprisingly good

Sorry if the pictures did not turn out that well but the speakers really do look better in person & sound well using a Yamaha RX 500 U Receiver! I was thinking of trying a Pioneer Amp or Receiver from around 1990-91 when these speakers were made! Any suggestions on a Pioneer you would try...
  2. btkc97

Here's the After pictures of the same speakers after the Mods!
  3. btkc97

They are! The fact that they use 2 of the same Woofers!! 1Woofer is In the front on the bottom and is for just below the Mid Bass and has it's own crossover section on the circuit board! The 2nd Woofer which is in the front as well is at the top and is just for the Midrange area and has it's own...
  4. btkc97

Yes I know this is an old thread but felt others like me searching for information on these Pioneer CS- J525 speakers will find this useful. I bought a pair at our local Goodwill for $14.99 + tax. Based on them being made by Pioneer & their looks I took the chance! During my first listen at home...
  5. btkc97

Sony SS-U65

No much better High's due to the Ribbon Tweeters!Good quality Bass too! Midrange is nothing special so far!Also I have not taken them fully apart to look inside etc.but from removing the Ribbon Tweeter & using a Flashlight I can tell you Sony must have been serious about these speakers as it has...
  6. btkc97

Sony SS-U65

I know it is an old thread,but I am hoping others will see it like you did,that have a pair of those speakers! From what little I found online,they were made between 1978 & 1983. They measure 28"inches high,17"inches wide,14-1\2" deep !They feature a 12" inch Woofer housed on a 15" inch solid...
  7. btkc97

Sony SS-U65

Just picked up a pair of these for $15.00 @ our local Goodwill! They are missing the grills & the Cabinets are not perfect,but they do sound promising upon a first listen using a Yamaha RX 500 U receiver,with a Magnavox CDB 492 CD Player!Will try to post some pictures when I can!
  8. btkc97

Yamaha CDC-500 6+1 changer with an odd issue

No ideals but that Yamaha sure looks like a cross between a Philips & a JVC!
  9. btkc97

Kenwood KR 77 Receiver

Can anyone here who has used a Kenwood KR 77 Receiver,tell me what they think of the sound? I am looking for a Receiver that will mate well with my Zenith Allegro 1000's & 3000's! I mostly listen to Pop Vocalist such as the Rat Pack,Tony Bennett,Nat King Cole etc. Which is where these speakers...
  10. btkc97

Can anyone tell me more about the Sony STR-GX6ES Receiver.

Thank's for the quick response & good advice! I am surprised I did not think of them!
  11. btkc97

Can anyone tell me more about the Sony STR-GX6ES Receiver.

I recently picked up a Sony STR GX7 ES and was wondering if anyone had a copy of the owners manual they would be willing to share? Seems Sony's own Web site does not have one,& I have not seen any on Ebay except for the series 2 not the first model like I have! Would be willing to pay the cost...
  12. btkc97

Just posted a picture of me in my yard from last fall!

Just posted a picture of me in my yard from last fall!
  13. btkc97

Hello! My name is Brian!

Thank's everyone! I just picked up a Sony STR-G 7 es Receiver ! I was wondering if anyone here know the real watts per channel ,RMS ? Also I believe the Remote is a RM-P103 AV Commander. I would consider getting the remote if I decide to keep it! Right now I like my Yamaha RX 500 U better.
  14. btkc97

Hello! My name is Brian!

Thank you all for welcoming me into the club! I can not wait to help where I can here & others can do the same for me!
  15. btkc97

Hello! My name is Brian!

Thank's for the kind welcome!
  16. btkc97

Hello! My name is Brian!

Hello!My name is Brian and I live in the Central part of the State of WI. I enjoy collecting audio gear and actually using it! Some stuff is waiting to be restored as I would rather not ruin something,by not making sure it is up to specs!This Includes my Fisher 800 B Tube Receiver! Right now I...
Back
Top Bottom