Search results

1. SpinninAgain

Snap, crackle, pop from optical audio

I currently have a Denon AVR-1513 receiver connected to my new Sony Bravia TV. I had an older Panasonic plasma hooked up until recently. They both have the same issue. The sound from the TV sometimes starts to break up with a crackling / popping noise and sometimes just goes silent. I am...
  2. SpinninAgain

Starting to "Treat My Listening Space".

I am in the middle of a remodeling project and part of it involves rebuilding an interior wall. The portion on the upstairs side will be just over three feet tall. There is a 16 inch space between floors and the wall below is solid with stairs going up. The hole in the lower portion goes in...
  3. SpinninAgain

Dead link reporting

I haven't found a thread anywhere that addresses dead links. I have found several that look interesting or informative but they don't work. Is there, or should there be a forum/thread started to clean up some of these? Here is one...
  4. SpinninAgain

Converting from 4 ohm to 8 ohm

Is it possible to convert 4 ohm speakers to 8 ohm speakers? If I wire in a 4 ohm resistor will it degrade to audio too much? The reason I ask is that I acquired a set of model twenty speakers. They are 4 ohm, have RCA jacks and are in rough shape. I was going to install some binding...
  5. SpinninAgain

Empty Model Twenty Three boxes

I've been looking at a set of Model Twenty Three speaker boxes. They have no drivers but do have the crossovers and selector switch panel in the back. They also have the front grills. They are in rough shape. The grill cloth is damaged and will need to be replaced. The veneer will need to be...
  6. SpinninAgain

SX-939 worth the effort?

I might have an opportunity to pick up a SX-939. I'm not asking about price. I'll post in Dollars and cents later if I'm curious. It's a bit of a road trip to get there. I've looked on E bay and other places around the great internet universe but I'm not seeing very much discussion about this...
  7. SpinninAgain

Goliath II sub sounds "gravelly"

I have a Goliath II sub that sounds gravelly or scratchy. It has been re foamed but I don't think it has been re capped. Is it just a bad foam job or would some new caps clean up the audio? Or is the driver toast?
  8. SpinninAgain

Connecting old school to really old school

I was wondering what the best way(if there is a best way) is to connect an older "boom box" style radio to a vintage radio like a Pioneer SX-750. The boom box has a cd player that I want to use until i find a stand alone multi-disc player. The only output on the Boom box is the 3.5mm headphone...
  9. SpinninAgain

Philco Model 48-1264 worth saving?

I have a non-functioning Philco radio turntable. The power cord is old and cracked (easy fix). There is also on tube socket that is broken. It is the tube shown in the second to the last picture on the far right. I plugged it in when I first brought it home and the radio dial lit up. I...
  10. SpinninAgain

SCORE! scroe? Either way, yay me!

I was on the old Craigs list yesterday.(I should not be left at home alone anymore) I was looking at what was listed under "Pioneer" and not seeing anything interesting locally I started looking farther out. A listing caught my eye that I thought MUST be a misleading title with the $$ amount...
  11. SpinninAgain

Sennheiser HD 599 with a Pioneer SX-750 or SX-535?

I've been thinking about getting some headphones for some "Me Time" listening at night. I'll be hooking up to either my SX-750 or a SX-535. Neither one has lots of power out to begin with. So I can't imagine the phone out jack is going to put out much power either. I am trying to find out if...
  12. SpinninAgain

Pioneer CS-66D(E?)

I came across a set of speakers for sale on the CL. They are listed as Pioneer CS-66D but there is no listing for a "D" model. Only A,E and G. The picture of the back is too fuzzy and small to tell what the letter is. Looking at a keyboard the E is closer to the D so a typo is possible...
  13. SpinninAgain

Another mystery speaker thread......

Does anyone recognize this speaker. It's not in a store so I can't go look at it right now. It is one of a pair that are for sale. 8" woofer and adjustable tweeters. No grills.
  14. SpinninAgain

Mystery Speakers at the GW

I was at a local GW today and saw these two speakers under a table. There were no markings on them. I was just wondering if there are any speaker Gurus out there that might be able to identify them.
  15. SpinninAgain

KLH Model 6

I am going to look at some KLH Model 6 speakers soon. The current owner says they have been re foamed and re capped. The grills don't have the original covers but he does have them. I was just wondering what I should look for and what is a reasonable price. Thanks.
  16. SpinninAgain

The tale of Beauty and the Beast, and the ugly stepchild.

I recently purchased 3 turntables from a guy that was selling off all of his old equipment. He had lots of tape decks, amps, EQs and turntables. A mix of tables from PL-50 style wood plinths to PL-630s. A few odd Technics and others also. I hung around just looking at them all for about 4...
  17. SpinninAgain

Tone arm lamp is out

I am currently rebuilding 2 PL-630s. One of them needs a new lamp in the tone arm. The spec sheet has a part number of PEL-025. Does anyone have a source for these? They seem to be out of stock everywhere I look. I also need IC3 on the same tone arm board. Part number TA78L020P. I have...
  18. SpinninAgain

It's too cold to go out. I think I'll spin some vinyl.

Hello AudioKarma. I just recently fell into the money pit of vintage vinyl. It's not my fault really. I bought a cheap turn table for my parents because they had stacks of records but no way to play them. After listening to golden oldies over Christmas, I got the itch to listen to my...
Back
Top Bottom