Search results

1. Nightwisher

Philips GA 406 Turntable Spindle

Hi there, recently picked up a Philips GA 406 turntable in good shape. Replaced the belt and everything works, even the automatic functions. However, it is missing both the single play and record changer spindles. Any leads on where to find one besides waiting on eBay? (Doesn't have to be...
  2. Nightwisher

Nightwisher's Garage Setup

Projector time!
  3. Nightwisher

New speaker post: Finally added a pair of towers to my Canton collection, Chrono 70. Very pleased with these. I'd been playing with my 502.2 bookshelf speakers for the past couple weeks and decided I wanted some bigger Cantons. Things just generally sound right with the Cantons.
  4. Nightwisher

Nightwisher's New Luxman's Room and Beyond

My guess is the crossovers and cabinets for the Josephs have a better design, despite using the same drivers. The Jamos had a bit of a "boom-sizzle" type signature that was unbecoming of a high end speaker. And I tried them in the old treated room as well as in the garage. The KEF LS50s and...
  5. Nightwisher

I found a Sony STR-DA3000ES at the thrift store. Decided to throw it in the main system, and that turned out to be a great decision. This thing is awesome! Excellent all around.
  6. Nightwisher

Thanks! The garage door is going to be insulated in the next couple months.
  7. Nightwisher

Added a bar!
  8. Nightwisher

They were good, but they definitely weren't my favorite bookshelf speaker. I'm a bit over bookshelf speakers in this new larger space too.
  9. Nightwisher

Started a new thread: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/nightwishers-garage-setup.1037802/
  10. Nightwisher

Listening to my Dahlquist DQ-8s tonight. Truly excellent speakers.
  11. Nightwisher

Getting my feet wet again...

I had the PS-9s not long ago, great speakers! The 10s are even better, I'd imagine.
  12. Nightwisher

Magnat nudes
  13. Nightwisher

Thanks! I do have 3 setups inside the house as well, so this is more about space and experimentation than anything at this point ;)
  14. Nightwisher

Yes it is! I've had that sitting around for a few years now. Don't have any discs to try it with.
  15. Nightwisher

Hello there, Starting a new thread to detail the new setup of the main system. I've been fiddling with it for the past 9 months since we moved and finally making progress. Lots of storage space, but still rearranging things. The room is a 2 car garage with about 6 feet of extra space on either...
  16. Nightwisher

Bad popping left channel - HELP!!!

It's been 7 years, I wonder if it's fixed now?
  17. Nightwisher

New project, Infinity RSIIIB. Already refoamed the woofers. Sound huge, like a wall of sound. May be the new favorite over the Technics.
  18. Nightwisher

Got a pair of the ever-elusive Sony SS-M3 bookshelf speakers. Had to give up my JVC SX-WD10 towers, but I've never had a shot at any of these before. Excellent sound - smooth, huge soundstage. I got the original boxes and manual as well.
  19. Nightwisher

Adjusting height and position of the SB-7000As today. Extra height definitely makes a difference. The 890C Boleros are great, but the Technics are better.
  20. Nightwisher

Surround sound systems are also coming together inside the new house.
  21. Nightwisher

Got a pair of Altec Lansing 890C Boleros in trade yesterday. Sweet speakers, but won't displace my SB-7000As. Also thrifted a Panamax M5140 the other day. Seems to make a difference, maybe. Also playing with a pair of Tokiwa TK-7Ms that the Internet has no information about. Ribbon...
  22. Nightwisher

My Garage system

The 7030 is a great CD Player, worthy of being paired with much more expensive equipment.
  23. Nightwisher

Young folks will never know....

Speaking as a relatively young person (just under 30), young people make playlists with lots of thought put into them. No, it's not on physical media these days (typically), but most of the other elements are still in play. It's not always just throwing songs together.
  24. Nightwisher

The Barnyard System

Awesome!
Back
Top Bottom