Search results

1. dyche01

The latest sign of madness: rebuilding an Electro Voice Regency

UPDATE: I have been enjoying this ElectroVoice Regency(-ish) speaker for the past three years. I use it to listen to the radio (via my old Stromberg-Carlson set up) as well as the sound output from my desktop computer. The speaker works well for home theater speaker; it can fill the entire house...
  2. dyche01

Happy Birthday dyche01!

Thank you all!!!
  3. dyche01

IMF owners thread!

You can get the right foam for these midrange drivers from this company in the Netherlands: https://speakerrepairshop.nl/nl/luidsprekerranden-van-foam/overige-merken/foamrand-voor-elac-4em-101-middentoner/a-3036-10000028#.WKxuwlUrJhE I used the kit from these guys to re-foam my drivers a few...
  4. dyche01

Random movie quotes....

You nailed it!
  5. dyche01

Random movie quotes....

Oops! Sorry, I forgot to check back. Here's a new quote: "I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal."
  6. dyche01

Random movie quotes....

I think that's the first Deadpool movie.
  7. dyche01

Random movie quotes....

@noogies turn to post! Everybody else chill out.
  8. dyche01

Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

All weekend I was rocking the Stromberg Carlson SR-402, listening to KALW.
  9. dyche01

Speakers in the wild: What have you come across?edit: can be the ‘wilds’ of your own collection.

I am at a meeting in southern France and the organizers put me up for the week in a cozy little cottage out in the woods. I know, I know; rough life, but I am bearing up well. Anyway, the cottage was built back in the 50's by a French family who later donated it to the conference center. On my...
  10. dyche01

What does everyone own for tube gear!

Oooh! How about a picture of the Triad pre-amp?
  11. dyche01

Radio Reception

If you are using a receiver with an old ferrite bar antenna, you can probably boost the signal dramatically by adding a cheap external antenna. I like the $15 Terk antennas from Amazon (no affiliation).
  12. dyche01

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

It's a classic! You did good.
  13. dyche01

Bose 901 with Dynaco SCA 35 17 Watts per Channel

I have a friend in Marin who has a pair of 901's and a Phase Linear 400 that he bought together back in the '70s. The speakers are on low tulip stands and the whole system sounds fantastic.
  14. dyche01

Bose 901 with Dynaco SCA 35 17 Watts per Channel

Ugh. Having re-foamed a set of 901 Series V's, I would not recommend buying a set with deteriorating surrounds.
  15. dyche01

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

...and the Tektronix oscilloscope.
  16. dyche01

Quick vibration-isolation project

Thanks! And you are right, the y-axis is parallel to the woofer axis. It is also the smallest dimension of the cabinet.
  17. dyche01

Quick vibration-isolation project

As soon as I get the time!
  18. dyche01

Write a Limerick

I feared that the man from Nantucket Had kicked the proverbial bucket. I am happy to learn That the limerick returns. Let us all vow never to chuck it!
  19. dyche01

Query on Amber Series 50B amp

PM sent!!
  20. dyche01

Query on Amber Series 50B amp

Hey guys (@Narodow and @swierczekml), do either of you still have a scan of the service manual for the Amber Control Center Preamp?
  21. dyche01

My McIntosh plunge

Yes! You are welcome any time.
  22. dyche01

My McIntosh plunge

Thanks for the ping! I haven't had time to do any more work on the C26, but I did get it a new friend to play with: an MR73 tuner. I know that a lot of people prefer the MR74, but these guys sound pretty great together.
  23. dyche01

Do you have a Halloween Playlist of movies?

The Thing (1982) Jeepers Creepers (underrated Roger Corman movie) Halloween (John Carpenter original) Cabin in the Woods
  24. dyche01

Modding the Harman Kardon 730 phono stage

I still love love love the HK730. As you say, it is easy to work on and it sounds great.
  25. dyche01

Modding the Harman Kardon 730 phono stage

I think it is telling that the HK730 is the ONLY HK receiver to follow the IEC curve. The 630 and 930 both follow the standard RIAA curve. If I recall correctly, the HK730 came out around 1976, the year that IEC proposed their equalization curve. It seems like HK gave it one shot and then...
Back
Top Bottom