Search results

1. lico

Project Debut III SB

Asked about this earlier - no responses, but on sale for $249. Picked one up with some cash back bonus on Amazon, 1/2 price. Heck not much more than a few records these days. Project turntables don't seem to get a lot of love on AK, but for the money it is a very good deal for anyone...
  2. lico

New bookshelves - best for the buck - say $1K range

Probably against my better judgment - but am looking into new/semi new speakers as a potential upgrade (or just different I guess really). Saw KEF LS3 Meta on sale for $1099, and Quad S2 for even less. Then you have the Wharfedale EVO S2's that seem great based on reviews... The Quad S2s...
  3. lico

Pro-Ject Debut III SB - good for the sale price?

Seems like it
  4. lico

At the end of day it's not the table you have or the stylus you have...

Or whatever gear you have. Have recently been cleaning records with a DIY ultrasonic, some very old I've owned for years, many others I've collected over the past 20 when I saw them cheap and said why not. Night and day different on some. Enjoying what I hear now more than ever, these...
  5. lico

Ultrasonic cleaners

Who has them and what type? Ordered one from Amazon and looking forward to cleaning some records. Yeah - I know I could read the record cleaning thread here too :)
  6. lico

Anyone tried the Leak 130/230 here?

Good feature set on a modern integrated. Haven't read many "real" reviews on it but it peaks an interest.
  7. lico

The Sansui SR-2050C

Here's a table you don't read a lot about - and I'm a Technics guy so why bring it up :) Found one for next to nothing a few years ago and had it stashed in the garage. Decided to give it go with replacement belt, put M95 cart on the tonearm, downloaded the SM, adjusted the arm lifter and it...
  8. lico

Technics SL-7 OM stylus upgrade

This question has been asked 100's of time but I will throw it out there again. In my latest setup I want to get the most out of an SL-7 I have. Not for any good reason really (I have a lot of nice turntables) but things rotate right? SL-7 fits the space I've setup and let's face it a cool...
  9. lico

licos systems

Thought I'd open a thread for comments, only because I have too much gear and need to downsize. We'll open with one of my favorites - nothing fancy but it sounds great and has been a daily driver for a while. Disregard the hockey pucks on the shelf :) NEC-A10 JBL Studio 530s SMSL DAC RPI...
  10. lico

Quad 22Ls

Anyone else have these? Picked up a set and am enjoying them. Not a lot on AK about them - just curious what others think.
  11. lico

Car stereo head units as decent preamps

Thoughts? Have been having fun with a JVC dual DIN head unit (BT, FM, CD ) on 12V supply For the money hard to beat IMO, this was something I had in a car at one point, sat on a shelf for a few years gathering dust and is now back in action.
  12. lico

Large lot

https://denver.craigslist.org/ele/d/erie-huge-lot-of-used-home-audio/7161231830.html
  13. lico

Teac Hypex Power Amp

Nice looking unit - very pricey though. https://hifiheaven.net/shop/TEAC-AP-505-Ultra-Compact-Stereo-Power-Amplifier-Silver
  14. lico

Jbl studio 530s on sale

$299 excellent deal
  15. lico

Luxman SQ-N150

Anyone here know much about it? http://www.luxman.com/product/detail.php?id=33
  16. lico

My play system

A few components I enjoy. This setup I can swap class D, class A or AB. Sources are vinyl and Teac DAC with RPI3/volumio. Speakers are JBL 530s. Gear is good.
  17. lico

Best DAC chip

AK, Burr Brown, Cirrus, or ESS? Only have a couple I use with USB. A Teac Burr Brown and a SMSL with AK. Personally prefer Burr Brown thru the same amp chain. Was looking at some Luxman DACs tonight that use BB. Wonder why?
  18. lico

Kenwood KR-950

Picked one up at the thrift in minty condition. Early 80's, but a nice performer. 80 WPC and nice warm sound. MM/MC phono inputs but I haven't tried the phono stage yet. Anyone else have one of these? I like how the display turns off when inputs other than radio are selected.
  19. lico

New Teac TN-4D

Looks pretty much like the TN-400S, except it is direct drive. The arm is stamped SAEC, so SAEC did the design on those Ya Hourng Chinese arms? https://www.cdrinfo.com/d7/content/teac-tn-4d-turntable-coming-quarter
  20. lico

Got a HE stylus arriving for my Shure M95ED

Can't wait to hear it. I like AT house sound, but my 440ML stylus is getting long in the tooth. Stylus prices have gotten crazy lately.
  21. lico

Technics SP-25 any good?

Saw one today at decent price, looked nice with walnut plinth, Grado blue on it.
  22. lico

Anyone tried the Van Alstine 120?

Looks like an interesting new amp. I have an affinity for B&K :)
  23. lico

AVRs in 2 channel mode that sound as good as vintage amps

I got a few. Early Pioneer VSX, late Pioneer VSX. Denon. Have heard some of the early 90's Yamaha AVRs are hard to beat. Who else uses them for 2 channel stereo?
  24. lico

SMSL M7 - any other owners?

Bought one because of form factor - it's a heavier unit than most DACs with internal supply and no wall wart. So far I like it, have used it with DSD from Windows 10 and as a upgrade to my SB Touch DAC or Chromecast Audio. Compare to the SB the sound is very close, it adds a bit more gain and...
  25. lico

SA-900 find

Found a SA-900 in nice cosmetic shape today. Tested it and the sound is very very weak in both channels, but clear. I think the main amp is out, pre amp seems OK. Power supply voltage looks good. Disassembled and took a look at the main amp board. The output transistors do not measure to...
Back
Top Bottom