Search results

1. bluesky

How much power?

100W RMS minimum is nice. 130W RMS is MoBetta!!
  2. bluesky

Do I need a power amp?

100 W RMS is fine. 130 W RMS is MoBetta!! 100W minimum. All depends on the amp,
  3. bluesky

What were some concerts you just happened upon?

Yes, they were!
  4. bluesky

Can an Amplifier make this huge difference in sound?

If it didn't - just buy a regular amp and get on with it - enjoy!
  5. bluesky

:) They were really Good Times!!
  6. bluesky

Can an Amplifier make this huge difference in sound?

Yes - an amp can make a huge difference in the sound.
  7. bluesky

KLH Speaker

Junk speaker stands too!!
  8. bluesky

A Year in Vintage Stereo Equipment

Great story and fun read! L-100s :)
  9. bluesky

True, it happen, I saw the Kingsmen at ZAYRE! :) The store was actually located in a shopping center in Markham, Illinois. A small town (at the time) south of South Chicago. I have no idea why they were there. It was their only concert in any store that I ever heard of. A 'one-off' gig I guess...
  10. bluesky

Pays your monies and takes your chances

My brother found a copy of Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs LP Wooly Bully and gave it to me. He knew I liked Sam the Sham and it was from my brother. The cover was trashed and the LP looked like it got drug down the street behind a car!! I mean - REALLY SUPER SERIOUS BAD - unbelievably trashed...
  11. bluesky

There were 2 other times too. :) 1. I was walking down the street in San Francisco one night, 8:00 PM or so, in 1970 & I heard this live music (guitar) playing coming out of a bar. It did sound familiar, most excellent really, but I had something to do. Later on, I told a friend about it and he...
  12. bluesky

I saw the Kingsman in a 'record department' of a Zaire department store in South Chicago. Louie Louie was their 'big hit' on the radio at the time! I did 'hear somewhere' that the concert was going to 'happen' like 'tomorrow' ... so I went. Never told my folks - taking no chances to miss THIS...
  13. bluesky

For the ones old enough: did in the '50's and early '60's where optimistic?

1950 to 1965: Chicago & South Chicago... Yes! Very Optimistic!! It was totally a different time - much for the better. All the food was all real food - it was all 'healthy' food. 'No processed poison food'. Unreal outstanding food!! No one was fat - real food! It was a great time to grow up...
  14. bluesky

What is your favorite vintage and modern piece of gear that you own?

My ONLY modern piece of equipment was a brand new 2011 NAD CD player. I liked the sound. It crashed out hard - threw it in the garbage, I wasn't impressed. But ... still have ALL my Sansui 1970, 1980, & 1987 vintage equipment & a purchased new 1989 Sony Mid-Fi 6 component stack system (for the...
  15. bluesky

Why Do People Do This?

I just like Coors Light because you can drink a few and not gain any weight. Even 6 sometimes when working hard around the house - it happens on occassion. Maybe gain some water weight but it's gone in 2 days and 'no outrageous hangovers' like from regular beer. I like 'no outrageous hangovers"...
  16. bluesky

Bpc

BPC ... A 'limited select FEW' are really 'super fine' amplifiers!!!!! You just have to know what you're looking for & what you're buying. Example: the 1987 Sansui AU-X701 or AU-X901, Sansui's very 'First' Alphas. 'Superior' amps!! NOT easy to find. The folks that have them aren't selling them...
  17. bluesky

Why Do People Do This?

People do what they want to do. :dunno: People do crazy Sht. :eek: Makes no sense. :crazy: & it's not going to get any better ... only weirder. :wtf: Buckle your seatbelts - it's gonna be a rough ride. :yikes: Have a nice day! :rockon: :beerchug: :needpics: :jump: :beatnik...
  18. bluesky

How "analog" can digital music sound?

How "analog" can digital music sound? How "1968 Ford Mustang V8" can a 'digital EV electric motor' sound? :dunno: Both are cars. :idea: I'll take the roaring analog '68 Mustang V8 thank you!! :rockon: Guess some folks prefer the digital electrical motor sound ... and the recharging of...
  19. bluesky

Things you don't see anymore.

Quality, relability, common sense, and truth.
  20. bluesky

BSR 248

My cousin has a BSR TT and tube amp in his father's console. AlNiCo magnets in the speakers. Quite impressive!! The whole console sounds wonderful. Sounds 'live/alive' and powerful. I really do like BSR.
  21. bluesky

OK Geezers...Truth Time...Do You Buy New Music?

Yes ... I buy the "new" type music. In fact, I just bought Nirvana's ' Bleach ' LP. :thumbsup: It's pretty good!! :music:
  22. bluesky

What "World Music" are you listening to right now...and more.

Joao Gilberto & Astrud Gilberto with Stan Getz. Love the music! Found 2 'fairly rare' Brazilian CDs. They just 'looked not normal' the moment I saw them. $2 each at the Salvation Army. :) $25 each on Discogs. Pretty darn good sounding too! :music: Lucky find. Never even knew they existed.
  23. bluesky

how many cartridges do YOU own?

Got it!! Much Thanks! I like Ortofon.
  24. bluesky

How many years of your life would you give up?

To me... it's just like going to the airport. When it's time to go, it's time to go. I'm just getting my boarding pass and getting on the flight, isle seat. That's it. Get a shot of Jack and a beer as soon as the jet takes off. Just hope it happens quickly. In my sleep would be perfect. Or...
  25. bluesky

AK Retiree Club

Still retired. :) Just checking in! Just got 2 Astrud Gilberto/João Gilberto/Stan Getz CDs a week ago (M-, like new, perfect!) $1 each at Salvation Army. I always 'do really well' there - usually find something outstanding! Right off the bat the CD covers 'looked' weird', not normal, just...
Back
Top Bottom