Search results

1. saltwater

Still dabbling in this hobby…

I don’t post much around these parts. But I still lurk a lot and comment on topics I’m comfortable with. I’m at a crossroad where I’ve been stuck for a bit sonically. I think it’s front end and amplifier upgrade time. But can’t decide… from a audible standpoint this is just ridiculous. I dabble...
  2. saltwater

Yamaha NS woofer shifted magnet video

I came across this while perusing the tube of you. Although it's not English, it's a very good documented process. Hopefully it helps someone.
  3. saltwater

My all tube setup.

Turntable - Ar xb Budgie phono preamp Preamp- heavily modified bottlehead Foreplay iii Magnavox 9302 (tubeampking did the resto using dg's mods) Kef 105.2 Interconnects/power cords- diy Currently spinning "angus and Julia stone, down the way"
  4. saltwater

Diy Interconnects...

Just spent some time making these.Canare L-2t2s, and what they say is real wbt -0144 from that one site. I've made a few others with neutrik rean nys373, and I like the neutriks better. Easier to work with if you have fat fingers.
  5. saltwater

Natural sound....

First off I would like to say I've been holding off on this thread for a long time. And in no way am I bashing any single person, it's the sound. Just a general observation about this natural sound. I have had my ca-2010 gone through. Can't remember when, over a year +) Picked up a ct-1010 In...
  6. saltwater

Question about dual alignment jig

What is the proper name for the dual cartridge alignment jig? And what models did it fit. I can't recall exactly.... Picture is not mine, but I found one from when I had my dual 1219.
  7. saltwater

Epicure M4/M1 finally together...

After a wait that felt like forever. (Since around I think 07/08) I got my grubby hands on a m4. Together at last.... And to boot, I have anotherr m1 amplifier in route. So if it survives shipping, I'll have two!
  8. saltwater

Daihatsu charade fans? (Not a gti)

I'll admit, my previous daily driver is a 02 ford f150 fx4, But I was seeking a Eco friendlier companion, and a 88 daihatsu charade cls popped up on craigslist. It needed a few things so I spent some time making it mechanically sound. But then, I fell in love. With a 3cylinder 5speed. I...
  9. saltwater

Look at these little 6bq5 jobbers.

Picked them up from a university that used them to teach. Kind of taken back by the 200v input. They were running them easy. Takes a 12ax7 input tube and 6bq5 output...
  10. saltwater

2008 Ford Taurus Limited

Paid for it in full. Used of course, but I have excellent bartering skills. Hopefully it turns out to be a good car. Got tired of a sports car, went to a sort of luxury car.
  11. saltwater

Magnavox 9304

Picked up a maggy in barter town a little while ago, thinking about changing the output transformers and doing some basic mods. Here's what im thinking.. I have a pair of opt's from a pilot 602 that are 7500k and was used with el84's. should be a simple swap, but would it improve anything...
  12. saltwater

Altec speaker Id?

Anyone know?
  13. saltwater

Today is the best day for a birthday!

Reason for the title? We all have that piece of equipment that had a sound signature we tried to find in other gear. In some cases we sell said item, only to never find it agian. Well, here is a positive story. I got it back! My Epicure M1 amplifier. Martin, if you ever read this...
  14. saltwater

Adding se opt transformer to a amplfier with different circuit..

Is it possible to add two se opt transformers to this amplifier? I'm not too familiar with this circuit tis the reason I ask. I think I can leave the front end alone (12ax7) , and add to it. I know it may seem like a basic mod, but I'm not that talented yet. Wish I could go push pull with it...
  15. saltwater

Ridge street audio designs anyone?

Picked these up recently..... Anyone else own anything from them? I have a feeling more interconnects will come.
  16. saltwater

Allegro by zenith model 3

Got these for free from a friend. They would make good garage speakers. Built well, lack in the low frequencies. Havent seen to many pictures online of them so i figured i'd post some for everyone. In no particular order.
  17. saltwater

Nice little video here. For the news looking into from treatments...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp56A6TcL1E&feature=youtube_gdata_player The stuff Works.
  18. saltwater

Pilot 654 down... Heard a pop, then seen smoke...

Am i okay to use this chart for the value? Damage done... Hopefully just a quick fix. Think I should throw some carbons back in, or something more up to date..... The one with the silver tolerance band and the gold band one under it ( under the yellow wire, just above the yellow red)...
  19. saltwater

Video of problem: (30 seconds long) Did my air conditioner motor go out?

It spins freely when no power is applied, and wont spin for nothig when unit is on. Purchased it last season, and of course the warranty has run out. your thoughts please.... http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb360/jleaja13/fd30c439.mp4 Justin
  20. saltwater

First time urban gardner... Pretty proud of this contraption.

Here's a few pictures. Urban square foot gardening. Started like this. Then it started raining and raining, and was getting flooded out. I was worried about all my seeds washing away. S I spent $20.00 and put up a PVC/plastic hood on her. The sides and top are removable. I do have...
  21. saltwater

Got my ca 2010.... But

It came in pieces. Always take a chance when dealing online. Looks like it was in the midst of a total refurb. Gentleman said he plugged it in and got faint sound out of it. Cant see how. Theres no way id plug this thing in. Even if i seen blue tape through the bottom cover, and the relay...
  22. saltwater

Where is everyone sending there yamaha gear?

To be brought back up to snuff? (Recapped, aligned, repaired from shipping damages ) Anyone have any recommendations? Justin
  23. saltwater

Is it possible to turn a Epi 100 into a....

Refrence speaker? I have a pair of 100's (goldring tweeter), and a pair of model 5's(aluminum faced tweeters, will probably be used over the goldring). I have some good binding post's laying around and some good 10uf caps. But I gots questions... 1) does the 8" mate better with the...
  24. saltwater

Help designing a Dc to Dc converter-74volt to 12volt...

Could anyone help me design a converter to go from 74vdc to 12volt dc? I need it to run a 4 amp fan, Im a locomotive engineer by trade and have no 12v plugs to run a fan. However people do design converters, but they run anywhere from 300-1000 dollars. And I know it can be done for less than...
  25. saltwater

Talk me out of selling my big setup and going....

To a single driver, full range. 2a3 or 300b setup..... :tears: stuff just sounds so good, and looks good. :no:
Back
Top Bottom