Search results

1. colinhepburn

Pioneer Wiring

Hi all I have a pioneer SA500 re caped and also have the SA500A and SA6200 Amp like there sound a lot :music:the SA500A and the SA6200 are in the list of recap jobs I am also interested in this wire rap tecneak I was just going the use new 22 wire a resolder it any reason I should not do...
  2. colinhepburn

Pioneer SA-500A Recap

These amps are very good I have the 500 and the 500A both recapped with silmac cap and other audiophile caps at first the amp sounded smooth but dark Then I rewired the amp removing the control amp making the amps into power amps only and using my NAD Pre amp what a difference from a very good...
  3. colinhepburn

pioneer SA500A silver caps or new knobs

Still looking for new knob’s or replacement silver disks for the three that are missing in the image of the amp above:music:
  4. colinhepburn

pioneer SA500A silver caps or new knobs

Hi All I have just finished Re capping my pioneer SA500A this is a great sounding little Amp it only has one problem now and that’s cosmetic by way of the control knobs missing the silver caps on three knobs can anyone help here with the three silver caps or new knobs or point me to...
  5. colinhepburn

pioneer SA500 left channel fuse blowing Help pleas

Well my little pioneer SA 500 is now singing well I have replaced the preset s with new multturn types and reset the idle current at about 30mV plus Recapped C7/8 with 47uf Oscon SA. C9/10 22uf Black Gate and C13/14 with 100uf Elana serif also C15/16 with Panasonic FC 1000uf I still need to...
  6. colinhepburn

Hi Mark Thanks for that I have replaced the presets VR3 VR4 and reset for about 35mA of idle current. Seem fine now just warm to the touch However the DC presets 30k VR1 Vr2 need replacing as well can I replace with say 25k as cant find the 30k type now also can you suggest what the correct...
  7. colinhepburn

I don’t know what the idle current should be as it’s not on the service manual that I have can you let me know what it is from your schematic and would you let me have a copy of you service manual pleas if all’s well I plan to recap the amp as well PS when you had the transistor replaced...
  8. colinhepburn

Hi Dr Tinear Thank you for your Reply I had a look at the little amp today and changed out VR3 and Bingo its working :music: but I will have to get new presets or could I just use a resistor of the correct value in place of the presets Vr3/Vr4
  9. colinhepburn

Right tried to test output Transistors if I have got this right the results are as follows maybe this will get a response Note VR3 seems to be dead tests zero ohm all test done with Transistors in circuit SD130 NPN Left Bad Channel Q 11 C to B Zero current C to E Zero current /E to...
  10. colinhepburn

Hi All Thanks to all who helped me sort out my Pioneer SA6200 I am enjoying this amps sound in my system using it as a power amp :music: I now return to ask your help once again With a pioneer I have acquired a pioneer SA500 in very good order but there is a problem with left channel fuse...
  11. colinhepburn

Pioneer SA6200 Rebuild Project

Well from what I have read about the pioneer amps on here It seem that losing power on one channel seems to be a common problem with the SA range of amp any pointers on the causes in my case its the right pre amp channel
  12. colinhepburn

Well I Can Confirm that the power Amp is working a treat Driven by the NAD 352C pre Amp sounds very good now where the problem with Pioneers pre-Amp as you still get sound from the right speaker but its low level coming from underneath the hiss
  13. colinhepburn

Just to update this post I have just switched it on in same configuration as last night running control amp and it working fine from Cold I will leave it running see how long it works for before trying its main amp odd a leaky Cap perhaps I will do some voltages tests later and report...
  14. colinhepburn

audio quality caps in Power supply

Well it’s expensive but it’s not snake oil but it is a bit of a fine art what you are doing is adding flavour to your taste you are tuning the amp it also depends on the type of music you listen to works well with jazz and blues using fast recovery Diodes like the Hex frets and MUR...
  15. colinhepburn

OK the SV-4A will stay i now have the amp and it works but we do have a problem Well amp is working but i noted a hiss from the right speaker between tracks like a background hiss like a cheap phono stage can be but at a lower midrange and soft sounding then fading off a little and...
  16. colinhepburn

Hi Ok Respect as you don’t seem to be in to modding that fine but I can say I have never experienced what you have described in your post I have only witnessed t a better amp I will be modding the amp but first I just want to get it up and running can you confirm the replacement diodes for...
  17. colinhepburn

Picked up a SX-525!

Hi You can Download it from Vinyl engine but you will have to register hope this helps http://www.hifiengine.com/manuals/pioneer/sx-525.shtml
  18. colinhepburn

Hi Lookining as both the SX525 and the SA 6200/sa 5200 there are some wide cap differences in uf values between them like 100uf on the amp boards and 1000uf difference on the large coupling cap[s and psu cap any time I have up rated cap uf values in amps or CD players often I have noted a...
  19. colinhepburn

Yep got that it was just the word tuner that throw me of balance thanks again for the info on the idle current setting procedure I have even located the test points 16/17 18/19 Close to the 2Watt R35/36 when recapping would you recommend upping the cap uf values on the amp boards and PSU for...
  20. colinhepburn

Bipolar Junction Transistor Testing Basics

Yep Very helpfully thread Nice one :thmbsp:
  21. colinhepburn

Hi all Is seems the SX-525 you pointed me to is a tuner did you mean SA-525 or the SA-5200 can you post a link to it Thanks
  22. colinhepburn

:beerchug::beerchug: Yep I can run with that but I need to know the fish I need to catch first Thanks Mark a Little at a time like this is a good start for me Cheers
  23. colinhepburn

Right first thank you for your replies Just so you all know I am not a total novice at this I have built a couple of pre amp pass B1 and A bridge of Zen pre as well as a Valve phono Stage and a Valve Headphone Amp And now collecting part for a Moondog 2A3 valve amp I have also tweaked most of...
  24. colinhepburn

Hi All Well still no replies it seems that the pioneer amps must have going out of favour or maybe it’s just the SA6200 I Am going to document this Restore of the SA6200 on this thread with Wright ups and images on the progress but to do this I will need the help of other here with answers to...
  25. colinhepburn

:smoke:Well 29 views so why no response i would kinda like an response to my post before i take delivery of the amp as i do requirer some help with this amp thank you:smoke:
Back
Top Bottom