Search results

1. D

Which Mac Preamp?

I use the C46 with three amps connected, two Mc 252's and one Mc 7270! This gives great two channel all through the house. I am not sure you can switch off amps or play all three at once with your other choices. C46/Mc252 is a great combo...let us know what you decide and how it works for...
  2. D

End of the mc 252!!

SORRY TO SAY THEY ARE GONE! I see from another post my C-46 is gone as well! At least I bought two 252's and a C-46 over the last few years. I have three amps connected for music through out the house. I am sure at new pricing levels in todays economy, major upgrades will simply have to wait.
  3. D

End of the mc 252!!

I just hate to see these great amps put out to pasture!... 252 Gone 402 Gone 501 Gone !!!
  4. D

End of the mc 252!!

Rumors are flying that the MC 252 is no more! Say it ain't so...Anyone here have more info on this?
  5. D

any thoughts on mcintosh ls320 speakers?

I have them in surround w/ MTH 200 & Mac sub, wonderful! Also, in Den, Dining Room and bedroom on a c46 and 3 MC 252 amps..again wonderful! I also have LS 340's. The LS is a great series, you can listen to them all day and night.
  6. D

Mr-88 added to mc website!!

The MR-88 has been added to the website! Looks like an excellent tuner to me. By the way, does anyone know why the pictures of some models are "grayed" out? For instance the C-46 and C-220 pre.
  7. D

c41 problem?

I just checked, this does not happen with my C-46. i do have a Thorens turntable connected, and a MR-77 tuner along with Mcd 205 and 201's. BTW, Ron, do you know if a new version of the C-46 with more balanced inputs will be in the future? Maybe an updated MC input as well??
  8. D

MC252, which preamp to match?

I agree that the Pre will make a major difference. I now use a C-46 with my two 252's and am very pleased with the musical detail. I have never used a tube pre in my system, but it would be interesting to compare a MC 220 or 2300. I also noticed Audio Classic has NOS 2200's for sale. If you...
  9. D

C41 added to system

what does the C-41 have for LOUD compensation? Variable or switch? Did you get a NOS or used? I am sure it sounds great! Enjoy! PLEASE POST PICS, I can not remember what it looks like but I believe it has the red lights on the selector positions.
  10. D

MHT-200 shut down !!! Need help

This is odd, but it started working again!! I am starting to think it is a voltage problem on that circuit. I did get serviced before, once for "adjustments" which did not help, and again at another dealer who ordered parts. It was still in warranty then. This unit is so heavy, it is hard...
  11. D

Does McIntosh still do the Amplifier clinics?

The Reps name was Dave O'Brien. He died recently, but he did write a book about his clinic experiences. It should be available from AudioCLassics. Don't we all wish he was still with us, and having those clinics several times each year!!
  12. D

How many McIntosh boxes do you have in your house?

OK here we go- BLACK GLASS = 9 oops 10 EQ = 1 SPEAKERS = 16 Cardboard? I'm not going up in that attic !! Whew! ok how did I do?
  13. D

Mac service in Texas

WOW! Home Entertainment on Kirby Drive! My office is just a few blocks from that old building. Most of my older equipment came from that store. I remember Ralph, the service tech that had his shop in the corner. Amazing store, I too, really miss having a great full service dealer here in H...
  14. D

MC252 X 2 Bridged. Finally!!!

OK, OK, I GIVE UP!! Now I will have to bridge my two 252's and hook up to my LS 340's to see what happens. I have just been too lazy, but these results are too tempting not to try. Will post on Sunday.
  15. D

I purchased mine new in 2004. One that plug I have the LS 112 sub, Denon CD and Sony 42", with cable box. I assume you suspect a low voltage situation. I do not know what else is on this circuit. The next room has the main system playing all the time. This problem has happened before and...
  16. D

The manual reset only resets to factory original presets, I am hoping for microprocessor reset information.
  17. D

My MHT-200 is now shutting down as soon as the relay turns on the display. Is there a reset procedure that might help? After shut down the red ready light goes out as well, but does come back on a few minutes later. Any ideas or suggestions?
  18. D

McIntosh System Downsize

Well now that you mentioned that...I thought I was a subscriber. I used my credit card, checked all the boxes..but I see now on my post that there is no subscriber banner. It just goes to show...ITS ALWAYS SOMETHING!! Thanks for pointing that out.
  19. D

McIntosh System Downsize

This really is an interesting thread! What would be the best way to sell little used equipment? I never have which is why I have units in their wood cases stacked, not being used at this time. Not sure I would want to, but the idea of rebuilding a downsized system makes sense. Any suggestions?
  20. D

Who here has LS320's???

Well, as you can see below I have LS 320's all over the house!! Black ones, light cherry ones and Dark cherry too. I just love these speakers! Right now they are playing Keith Jarrett solo piano. I probably should call the factory and stock up on drivers...they are no longer available for my...
  21. D

2009 new products poll time

It's TUNER for me!! I guess I will need a new roof antenea, anyone have suggestions?
  22. D

C46 question and (Dig cable Box )

I have used the analog outputs on my cable box before, however, the output level is very low. I have not tried this but the C-46 has input level control and may solve this problem. RCA is the only way to connect to the C-46 from a cable box. Let us know how this works for you. Good Luck!
  23. D

I just un boxed my MCD500 and am "SPEECHLESS"

Just wondering...did you use XLR or RCA to connect...and did you go thru your preamp or direct to the amps. FYI, I am searching for your LS360's!!
  24. D

MC252 is a fantastic amp.

I was using MC-7270, until I tried the Mc-252 last year. I liked it so much I bought another one !! I was offered a great deal on a 402 (open box return), but passed due to the size and weight. Signed, A VERY HAPPY MC-252 OWNER HERE!!!
  25. D

Difference between XLS360 and LS360

I took Victor's advice and purchased a pair of NOS Dark Cherry LS-340's. Great speakers...smooth with no listening fatigue ... (THANKS VICTOR !!!) I have also filled my house with the LS 320's (black, light and dark cherry) and a PS 112 and LS 350. I have used only MAc speakers since the...
Back
Top Bottom