Search results

1. KingJT

Yamaha P-300 vs. Technics SL-1300

Good day! Lately I’ve been enjoying fiddling about with older turntables in an effort to learn more about them. They are fun for me as their issues seem to generally be mechanically based rather than electronic and I am better able to work with those. I’m looking at picking up either a Yamaha...
  2. KingJT

Onkyo A10 value

Happy New Year! So what’s the going value on an Onkyo A10? You don’t seem to see them come up too often. I paid $200 for an A7 a few years ago. Just wondering what I should expect to pay for an A10. Thanks! Mike
  3. KingJT

Canton Ergo 70 DC score

It’s been a while but made a nice purchase today. Picked up a good but not great condition pair of Canton Ergo 70 DCs for forty bucks. They sound pretty great. Very forgiving of position. I’m sitting about 45 degrees off axis and clearly hearing the audio from the opposite speaker. Testing...
  4. KingJT

Canton speaker ID

Any thoughts on what these might be? They look like Ergo 80 but seem really tiny. Thanks! Mike
  5. KingJT

Onkyo TX-5000 near Boston

Nice looking TX-5000 available fairly cheap near Boston if anyone is interested. https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/ele/d/west-newton-onkyo-tx-5000-stereo/7644145496.html
  6. KingJT

Nakamichi CD Player 2 static in audio

Hello! I recently picked up a non-working Nak CD Player 2 that I managed to get to read and play discs. Unfortunately the audio output is distorted and staticky. I’ve tried both fixed and variable analog out and the coax digital out through a Schiit Modi 3+ and get the same static. Any...
  7. KingJT

Marantz CC4001 changer

I’m currently babysitting a Marantz CC4001 a friend asked me to look at as it was not working. Turned out a CD had become dislodged and was sitting on top of the mechanism that lifts the laser assembly. Got that out but it still wasn’t detecting discs. I manually turned the drawer retraction...
  8. KingJT

Nakamichi CD Player 2 remote

Good morning! Does anyone know if the remote for a Nak CD Player 2 will work with a Nak CD Player 1? Thanks. Mike
  9. KingJT

Sansui 4000 wood case question

Good day! So I have a 4000 with an aftermarket wood case that fits over the standard metal case. Take the feet off and it slides right in. Looking at the 4000 in the attached pic with OEM case, it looks the metal top is either missing or was not included with the wood case version. Just...
  10. KingJT

Braun L710 vs ADS L710

Good evening. Anyone know how the metal grill Braun L710 compare to the metal grill ADS L710? I love my ADS L710 and wondering if the Braun are in the same ballpark. Thanks! mike
  11. KingJT

Luxman RX-101 for the ultimate price…

For once a FREE FBM listing wasn’t a scam or a creep. Recently picked up this excellent condition RX-101 for zilch. The servo belt was shot as was the retractable faceplate switch. A fine fellow AKer and I decided bypass was the better part of valor, and I am currently cranking this demented...
  12. KingJT

Moisture inside an SL-23

I was digging into a Technics SL-23 I recently picked up to get the speed solid and noticed something strange. The clear plastic/rubber tubing protecting some of the internal wiring has moisture inside it. There is absolutely no evidence of moisture anywhere else inside or outside on the...
  13. KingJT

Sansui 4000 switch “shield”

Hello! So this hardened rubber “shield” sits behind the button for the four switches on the 4000. I am assuming it is to keep dust and debris from entering through the faceplate. Since it has hardened with age, it kind of pulls on the other buttons when you press any of the buttons. Doesn’t...
  14. KingJT

Akai AT-2650 vs. Onkyo T9

I’m looking to pair a tuner with an Onkyo A7 I picked up recently. The T9 is the obvious choice but both these units are available locally and I am wondering how they stack up performance wise. Visually I think they would both work with the A7. Price and condition are roughly the same...
  15. KingJT

Canton Ergo 700 DC info

Hello! Wondering if there are any opinions on the Canton Ergo 700 DC speakers. I'm not finding much of any info on them here or on the web at large. I have a pair of Karat 200 that I enjoy the crispness of but they lack bass compared to the ADS L520 which I listen to most. Interested in how the...
  16. KingJT

Sansui 7070 noise as relay clicks

Good day. I have a nice 7070 that has had some work done by a fellow AKer, but is doing something odd now. The work included replacing the relay and all fusible resistors and a few out of spec caps. I recently noticed that a fraction of a second before the relay clicks, there's a slight...
  17. KingJT

Tower speaker ID help

Good morning. Can anyone ID this speaker? Can't quite read the logo in the pic. Thanks as always! Mike
  18. KingJT

Cambridge Audio D500SE no music, just squeal

I picked up a very nice condition Cambridge Audio D500SE that is mostly working mechanically (needs a tray belt), but when hooked to an amp only produces a high pitched squeal, no music. It's almost like an output switch was flipped to digital instead of analog, but there is no such switch...
  19. KingJT

Vicarious Marantz 2252 scroe...

A friend who does a lot of thrifting and reselling on EB, scroed big at a local mega-thrift. She grabbed an immaculate condition Marantz 2252 for the ridiculous price of 20 bucks. Before I could even get an offer in, she informed me it was going to her musician husband who will get great use out...
  20. KingJT

RX-1100U cap replacement ID

I picked up a Yamaha RX-1100U not too long ago that needed a thorough cleaning, but appeared to be working. After cleaning, it still was giving me some issues that seemed like a dirty relay. I popped the top off to look and see if the relay looked like one I felt comfortable trying to open up...
  21. KingJT

Yamaha CR-620 tuner locked up

Hello! I'm cleaning up a CR-620 I helped my friend find and the tuner is almost immovable. It will turn the tuning cap slightly with much effort. I don't want to put too much pressure to avoid causing damage. The pulley looks like it's angled toward the front of the receiver slightly and maybe...
  22. KingJT

Harman Kardon 330B soundstage

Hello. I picked up a 330B a while back and have noticed an interesting issue with it. The soundstage sounds like everything is panned hard right and left. There's not a lot happening in the space between the speakers. The experience is overall quite underwhelming for such a talked about...
  23. KingJT

Sansui Eight with right channel FM issues

Good day! I have a Sansui Eight that has issues with the selector contacts if it sits too long without being used. The signal in the right channel becomes weak and very distorted. I've solved it previously by taking a shot at cleaning the contacts on the selector mechanism, but I'd like to get a...
  24. KingJT

Kenwood Kr-9600 in CT

Fun looking Kenwood in New London CT for $100.00 if the offer is legit. No affiliation and not up for the drive. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/866773874097525/
  25. KingJT

KLH Model 5????

OK WTF am I looking at here? Model 5 crossover connected to what??? https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2439591356344941/
Back
Top Bottom