Search results

1. Mc_Man

The Greatest Vinyl Haul of My Life

So here's the back story, I was browsing CL several weeks back and doing my usual "records" search when I spot an add about a day old that was Titled "Beatles Records". When I saw the image posted I knew right away what it was, so I immediately shoot an email out asking if it was still...
  2. Mc_Man

Knight KB-85 Amp

Picked this little gem up at a thrift this weekend and have a few questions. It has 2 Mullard EL-37's and 2 GE 6L6GC's currently installed. Is this going to work, sound good/bad, what's the deal? I plan on having it looked at, refurbed, and know not to power it on before hand. Since the EL-37's...
  3. Mc_Man

Nakamichi CD Belt Kit

Hey guys I picked up a Nak MB-3s CDP that won't eject the tray, just gives an ERR on display after a minute. Anyone know a source in the US for a belt kit for this player? I did find a kit on the bay, but the guy is in Germany, would like a source in the US. Thanks
  4. Mc_Man

Weird one with MX117 and 1900

So I am currently running an MX117 as a pre into my 1900 in order to save wear and tear on the 1900 volume pot. I was running the 117 through an MC2105, but it's off to Terry's for a refurb. Anyway I have the 1900 power running through a switched outlet on the 117, so when I power the 117 on the...
  5. Mc_Man

Nice CL Jazz Score

Was browsing CL yesterday for records and found one posted 18 days ago that said 50's 60's Jazz Records in the title. Vague description with no pictures, I figured by now these would be long gone. So I called left a message and got a return call about an hour later. Seller said I was the first...
  6. Mc_Man

I think I am going to be sick.... Altec 19

So today I walk into one of the thrifts I frequent, 3-4 times a week usually. Check the electronics section.... nada, check the LP bin.... nada. Start to walk out and low and behold I see them, a pair of freakin Altec 19's. My heart started to race and my stomach started to knot up. I get to...
  7. Mc_Man

Am I stupid, original MC275 for new MC275?

Ok so I have an original MC275 that I picked up well probably a year or so ago. It is pretty nice probably 7-7.5 on a scale of 1-10. Has all the lettering intact as well as serial, has a light haze of pitting and couple rust spots here and there. But overall very nice, have original cage, manual...
  8. Mc_Man

JBL 250ti Vs. 4430

I have a possible line on a set of 250ti's and was wondering if anyone can compare them to the 4430's. The 4430's have been my mains for a while now and I just haven't found anything to dethrone them. I haven't had the opportunity to hear 250's so I would be going into this blind.
  9. Mc_Man

Question about McIntosh manuals?

What are the time frames for the different manuals McIntosh produced, I have an MC2105 and have 2 different manuals like the ones below. Was one style an early run, or was that style just used for a short period of time. Just interested in the history, any help is greatly appreciated.
  10. Mc_Man

Pickup in Rochester NY ship to SC

I have a deal going with a guy in Rochester and need someone to pick the stuff up for me. Then ship the items to SC for me, definitely willing to pay for your trouble.
  11. Mc_Man

Sansui AU-717 Volume Pot

Anyone know where I can source a volume pot for an au-717. I picked the amp up last week and get nothing from the right side. The tech I have looking at it has narrowed it down to the volume pot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  12. Mc_Man

WTF! Nice set of HPM100 Cubes

This has got to be the worst hack job I have ever seen. What would inspire someone to do such a thing? I guess they couldn't afford a set of Bose cubes. http://columbia.craigslist.org/ele/1692210766.html
  13. Mc_Man

Thrift record score, question about value???

Ok so last week I went into one of the local thrifts and started going through the records. I ended up picking out 20 that were all mint most with original shrink on them. There were a few good ones including original Decca release of The Who's Tommy, mint with all inserts. But also in the mix...
  14. Mc_Man

McIntosh Ken Kessler Book, What's The Deal?

Ok so I have the book and have thoroughly enjoyed it. My question is what is the difference between the book issued with the 60th anniversary set and the regular book you would buy from say a book store (not that you will find one at any book store)? I know there is a letter of authenticity...
  15. Mc_Man

Problem With Bozak Concert Grand Tweeters Help!!

So just this weekend I picked up and set of very nice circa 1972 Bozak Concert Grands. The odd thing is I get get no tweeter from either speaker. I have tried different sources, amps, and cables. Both mids in each cabinet work as well as all 4 woofers. I have opened one up, quite a chore, and...
  16. Mc_Man

Dumb Bozak Question

I just picked up a set of CG's and I am having a dumb moment. The terminals on the back are simply marked 1 and 2, which side is the +?:stupid:
  17. Mc_Man

Best cartridge match for Thorens TD160 MKII

I have a TD160 MKII that I am about to do some tweaking to, nothing serious. I plan on replacing the bottom plate, maybe dynamat the under side, add some spiked adjustable feet and maybe change out the RCA's. It is currently equipped with a Stanton 681 (not sure which stylus) and it sounds...
  18. Mc_Man

Adcom GCD-750 Thrift Score

Picked this beauty up at a thrift today for $50. Very solid machine with excellent build quality. Going to give the DAC a try with my MS300 music server and see how it goes. Looks like this one might be a keeper:thmbsp: http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w160/McSVT/gcd-4.jpg...
  19. Mc_Man

JBL 4408A & 4412A, Charlotte CL

Looks like a fairly good deal, depending on condition of course:thmbsp: http://charlotte.craigslist.org/msg/1329760387.html Not mine, nor am I affiliated in any way. I was considering it, but already have a set 4412A's.
  20. Mc_Man

Dumb pre out/main in question -MAC1900.

Ok so I picked up a mint 1900 last week and have been playing around with it. Right now I have my C33 running into the 1900 amp section and I am pretty impressed. The main reason is to take the stress off the 1900 power/volume pot which are know to be problematic. So heres my dumb question, can...
  21. Mc_Man

CDP Tube Bluenote Stibbert Opinions / Help Needed

I picked this beauty up probably 3 years ago on the bay. I bought it in the pictured non working condition. From what I have gathered on-line this is a pretty sweet CDP so I figured I would have a go at getting it going. When I got it the top acrylic cover was busted and a large chunk was...
  22. Mc_Man

McIntosh CL score, had to bite my tongue.

Ok so Tuesday I am looking through my local CL electronics listings and see an ad titled "Macintosh receiver, speakers, cd player home audio" and see a picture of a McIntosh 1900 receiver in cabinet, a set of KLH six's and some BSR cd player. The ad stated $280 or best offer, so I thought here...
  23. Mc_Man

Vacation Score Sony PS-X5 W/ AT15sa Cart

Was on vacation last week and picked up a nice Sony PS-X5 DD automatic TT. Table is in excellent shape and works but looks to run a bit fast so I will have to open her up and see if I can find a speed adjust. The start stop button doesn't seem to be working right and the TT starts spinning when...
  24. Mc_Man

AR Speaker ID

These showed up local to me, what are they and are they worth a listen?
  25. Mc_Man

Sitting here listening to the new Dave Matthews LP

and I have to say I am pretty impressed. In a sea of crappy sounding vinyl these days this one sounds pretty good, very well mixed:thmbsp:
Back
Top Bottom