Search results

1. mwchristo

REGA RP3 Hum

Thanks all!
  2. mwchristo

REGA RP3 Hum

I am getting a slight hum out of the left channel when using my Rega RP3. If I touch / move the wires coming out of the tonearm and into the cartridge it will get worse or temporarily go away. Any thoughts? I'm using a fairly new Ortofon 2M Red cartridge. If I move around the RCA (interconnects)...
  3. mwchristo

All in time to join in the fun

Welcome, I'm in Centerville myself! I have learned some valuable info from these folks!
  4. mwchristo

Marantz SR7400 for 2-Channel Listening (EBay score)

Looks like you can put the Marantz SR 7400 in "tone defeat" mode by selecting S (Source) Direct Tone Defeat by mwchristo posted Mar 9, 2017 at 2:15 PM
  5. Tone Defeat

Tone Defeat

6. mwchristo

superdog: looks like you can use the controls on the amp: Treble by mwchristo posted Mar 9, 2017 at 2:12 PM
  7. Treble

Treble

8. mwchristo

I was going to do a full system reset, I always listen in "tone defeat" mode with any amp. Do you know if you can place the receiver into tone defeat mode manually without the remote? I did download the user manual.
  9. mwchristo

Regretfully no remote, I see the remote that goes with it has that little LCD screen on it.
  10. mwchristo

Friends, I recently purchased a Marantz SR7400 AV Receiver from eBay for $70 shipped. I have yet to receive the unit, however; I was curious if anyone has any experience using this model for 2-channel listening? I mainly listen to vinyl and I'm using Unity Audio tower speakers. No phono stage...
  11. mwchristo

Pics of your listening space

Relaxin; love that album!
  12. mwchristo

Pioneer C-90 Pre-Amp (left channel issue, on phono stage)

I'm dropping my unit off to a local tech today. We had a detailed chat and he has worked on about a dozen of these over the past decade. Conversation was good and the estimate was very reasonable. I will know more when he gets into. (estimated 10 days to get the unit back)
  13. mwchristo

If I use my project Phono box pre amp into the cd input of the Pioneer c90 and then out to my amplifier it sounds really good. Am I losing any fidelity in doing that compared to the sound I would get from the tt going directly into the Phono stage? If I can get it repaired
  14. mwchristo

Friends, I recently acquired Pioneer C90 pre amp (circa 1987). Visually this unit is perfect, looks nearly new. I am using it just for the phono stage, as it has 1 MM and 2 MC settings. I have a MC cartridge, when I am in either of the MC settings there is little to no sound coming from the...
  15. mwchristo

Pioneer C-90 Pre-Amp, CD in?

This makes sense, looks like I will stick with using it as my phono stage.
  16. mwchristo

Pioneer C-90 Pre-Amp, CD in?

Greetings, I just picked up a minty Pioneer C-90 pre-amplifier on eBay. I am going to be pairing this with my VPI Scout II and my NAD 326BEE amplifier. I notice that the C-90 in addition to the phono stage has other input sources (like CD for example). Would I gain any audio benefit by...
  17. mwchristo

My review of the Pioneer C-90 Preamp

I just purchased a minty C90 on eBay. I am going to be using it as a phono pre amp for my VPI Scout II. I have the Ortofon Quintet Black S MC cartridge. I noticed that there are two settings on the Pioneer C90 Preamp to select from for a MC cartridge. Does anyone know which one I need to...
  18. MC Cart

MC Cart

19. C90 MC Select

C90 MC Select

20. mwchristo

Good integrated amplifier to invest in under $500

Right now my NAD is out for warranty repair (7 weeks :() :whip:
  21. mwchristo

Cleaned my VPI Scout II platter

It is still quite rough up close.
  22. mwchristo

Cleaned my VPI Scout II platter

I did some searching for "how to clean the VPI Scout platter" and the consensus was Mother's Mag & Aluminum polish and some simple hand buffing. What a difference! I used about 1/4 of the small can of Mothers (mainly because in my opinion my platter was quite dirty). I used a microfiber cloth...
  23. Platter After

Platter After

24. Platter Before

Platter Before

25. mwchristo

Newbie Set up

Thanks for the heads up. The website leaves me to believe that this is a heavy car audio scene.
Back
Top Bottom