Search results

1. J

Picking up broken glass . How do you get it all ?

I read a report once that 90% of all injury accidents happen at home. I am planning to move soon. And no, stick with the CD's.
  2. J

Branded

Fisher Do I need more?
  3. J

Finally acquired a X-202, but it has an issue

Could it be the outer foil on the film caps picking up interference? Turn them around one at a time on the side you are picking up the interference and see if there is any improvement.
  4. J

Replacement capacitors for Harman Kardon PM 660 PCB-10 Power Output P.C. Board

Newark has 1 at 63v in stock and this one at 80v: http://www.newark.com/cornell-dubilier/380lq103m080a452/aluminum-electrolytic-capacitor/dp/96W2578
  5. J

Norway to switch off FM radio in 2017

The stations may be privately owned, but the airwaves belong to the government. I would bet that very soon we will be lamenting FM the same way we did analog TV. Shoved down our throats without any real consideration of our cost to comply. I wonder if I will get a voucher for a free DAB to...
  6. J

Before we take the tree down - here's how we do Christmas in the desert

That is Camelback Mtn, with the "Praying Monk" formation on the left (northwest) slope.
  7. J

Songs about someone 'on the side'

"Cecilia" Simon & Garfunkel.
  8. J

Songs that Mention Gear within the lyrics game

"we got disco in eight tracks and cassettes in stereo" Jackson Brown,"Stay"
  9. J

Songs that Mention Gear within the lyrics game

"You live your life in the songs you hear On the rock and roll radio" Angie Baby, Helen Ready
  10. J

Vintage Audio Swap in Phoenix

AZARC has announced their next two swap meets: October 29th 2016 – Merchant Square Swap Meet Merchant Square Antique Mall - Chandler, AZ January 21,2017–Indoor Swapmeet I am not affiliated with the club, but I have attended 3 of their swap meets now. The Merchant Square venue has the...
  11. J

Vintage Audio Swap in Phoenix

Local antique radio club holds several swap meets a year. Last one at Brass Armadillo in Buckeye was poorly attended. Several ham fests scheduled over the next few months as well. A tie in with an existing and sucsessful event would probably work best, just need to get the word out.
  12. J

The "Almost a Hit" game

She keyed my door Procol Harum
  13. J

Motorola HS-711B Amp Question

Your 15 seconds is up!
  14. J

The "Almost a Hit" game

More things are broken. (Cat Stevens)
  15. J

Can You Produce [?] In Less Than 15 Seconds?

Yes. A Funk and Wagnals dictionary?
  16. J

The "Almost a Hit" game

Classy Gal Gas (Mason Williams)
  17. J

The "Almost a Hit" game

Totally Klipsch on the hearth. (Bonnie Tyler)
  18. J

The "Almost a Hit" game

Riders' all got torn. (The Doors)
  19. J

Fisher Allegro

I have a Philharmonic (P-291) I picked up cheap about 6 months ago. The cabinet is gorgeous and when I got it home I removed the back just to make sure all of the components were there. The interior was clean, too clean! It looks like someone had cleaned it up and started to work on it and...
  20. J

What's your guilty pleasure silly but ya love it song

Andrew Lloyd Weber.
  21. J

What are your favourite sad or depressing songs?

Have you seen her? The Chi-Lites Dance with my father. Luther VanDross
  22. J

Fisher X-100 B - restoring story

Are you still plugging in to a step down tranny? Have you checked it?
  23. J

Your Favorite Jazz Artists... You may vote multiple times

Vince Guaraldi and Luther Vandross. Jazz isn't really my favorite, but these two artists both taken too early seemed to speak to me.
  24. J

It's Raining Fishers, and a Little Console ID Help

I've seen a Gamber Johnson made console with Fisher/Garrard components. Very well built but didn't look like what you have found.
  25. J

scratch tube build - all modern wireless conveniences?

There is already a frequency counter of sorts in the Talking House transmitter. It is an analog tuner, with variable caps to control the transmitting frequency, but it has a built in 4 digit 7 segment LED display. I am hoping to be able to capture and decipher the frequency information before...
Back
Top Bottom