Search results

1. Johnny JJ

Kenwood KA-6100 help with bias too high

Hi Jason and welcome! It's been awhile since I worked on that unit but what you should order is 1/4 watt axial 5.6K ohm resistors, carbon should be fine. Good luck.
  2. Johnny JJ

Sansui AU 11000 Power supply issues

Sorry Pete I can't make out the S/N sticker on the back, it's mostly rubbed off. All I have is an M.D. & code no. from behind the faceplate
  3. Johnny JJ

I just put the old zeners back in (turns out they were still good). That did the trick! Everything is good. Thanks again Hyperion (John). Much appreciated
  4. Johnny JJ

Thanks so much. I missed that. I knew I just needed another set of eyes. I'll let you know how it goes.
  5. Johnny JJ

I have an AU-11000 that I recently acquired. The power supply boards (F-2582 & F-2568) had some fried components that needed replacing. I replaced all the electrolytic caps, diodes and almost all the transistors. Upon power up the protection works properly and the main amp works but running...
  6. Johnny JJ

Ok so I installed the upsized 5.6K resistors in the bias circuit as well as new pots. I even replaced most of the electrolytics in power supply and amps. I'm happy to say idle current is holding steady (emitter resistors measuring 20mV):). Hooked up my JBL's and spun some vinyl and I gotta say...
  7. Johnny JJ

Yeah EW you're right. I get a little over zealous when it comes to working on these. Lol . Gonna have to ease off on the coffees.
  8. Johnny JJ

Well all resistors tested ok. Just wondering what your opinion is on replacing the bias transistors (Qm17, Qm18) 2SC828A (S). I was thinking of replacing with KSC1845FTA from Digikey. I'm still going to order the 5.6k resistors and while I'm at it I may as well replace the pots with Bourns...
  9. Johnny JJ

I did a close visual and checked the resistors in the bias circuits but I will delve a little further, double check and hopefully find a culprit. Thanks again for your time echowars! I'll let you know how it goes.
  10. Johnny JJ

Ok. When I went to pull out Rm89 and Rm90 I noticed they were 3.9K's (not the spec'd 4.3K). So I replaced them anyway with the new 5.1K resistors. Powered it up and was able to adjust pots to get 20mV readings on both channels (R channel pot was almost maxed out & L was about 60%) and I thought...
  11. Johnny JJ

Thanks Echowars. I will try that and let you know how it turns out.
  12. Johnny JJ

Hey guys, I recently acquired a ka-6100 that had no sound. Opened it up and found 2 fuses blown Fm2 & Fm4 and a bad diode (burned & shorted closed) in the bridge rectifier for R channel. Also found a bad regulator transistor (Qm29). So I replaced both voltage regulator transistors (Qm29 & Qm30)...
  13. Johnny JJ

Marantz 2285b power supply P800 capacitor value?

Good to know. Thanks
  14. Johnny JJ

Yeah. I don't think anyone has been in this before.....it looks original. So I'll replace with what was in there......47uf. Thanks for your help!
  15. Johnny JJ

C812 has a 10uf/50v
  16. Johnny JJ

Hi, I'm a newbie to this site so please bare with me. I am rebuilding my marantz 2285B starting with the power supply (P800). The question I have is capacitor C804 is shown as 10uf/50v in the schematic however what is installed on the board is a 47uf/50v. Can anyone confirm what should be in...
Back
Top Bottom