Search results

1. V

New or Vintage DAC

Hi, I have been offered a PS Audio Ultralink 2 DAC for a reasonable price. I plan to use it with my computer using the coaxial out from the PC. I heard it at the sellers place and it sounded very good. How does the Ultralink 2 compare to modern DAC's in the $500-$600 price range...
  2. V

Thorens TD124

Hi, I recently overhauled my TD124.Fresh oil 10W-30 in the main bearing.Oiled the motor bearings ,did not open the motor but oiled it using the holes provided in the motor.Cleaned all the drive parts. The problem is that the TT comes up to speed in one revolution but runs slightly fast...
  3. V

Luxman m400 transistors

Hi, Can someone tell me a source for these Sony transistors used in the driver stage of the Luxman M4000 power amp. 2SC1431 2SA762 What would be the correct replacement transistors if these are not available? Regards Rajiv
  4. V

Luxman m4000 transistors

Hi, My Luxman M4000 power amp suddenly started acting up last week. It was working fine but suddenly the left channel cutoff. On switching off and powering it on again both channels worked but the left channel cut off after a few seconds. I took the amp to a service tech. who traced...
  5. V

Thorens TD124 idler wheel

Hi, I am looking for an idler wheel for the Thorens TD124 turntable. Please recommend a source for these idlers. Regards Rajiv
  6. V

Ortofon sl15 cartridge

Hi, Gary,thank you for your post . I took a chance and bought the cartridge and have fitted it on the Garrard 301/SME 3012. You are right it sounds great.:thmbsp: Regards Rajiv
  7. V

Ortofon sl15 cartridge

Hi, I have been offered an used ORTOFON SL15(elliptical diamond) cartridge and an Ortofon 2K15 transformer for $200. The stylus seems to be in good condition. Is this a good buy? The seller tells me that it is a lighter tracking version of the Ortofon SPU.Is this correct? Regards...
  8. V

Bang & Olufsen 12 inch tonearm

Hi I recently found a tonearm made by B&O. It is the ST/P model. http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/35794/297111.aspx There is very little information about these tonearms. The arm I have does not have the cartridge .These arms are designed for the B&O SP1/2 cartridges.I need to...
  9. V

Wharfedale Super 12 RS DD full range drivers.

Hi, Thanks. Will try it out soon on the JE Labs baffles and post impressions. Tried them out without any baffles with a pair of Quad II amps and an old Nakamichi tape deck sound is pretty good. Regards Rajiv
  10. V

Wharfedale Super 12 RS DD full range drivers.

Hi, I came across a pair of these drivers.They have huge red painted Alnico magnets. There is not a lot of information about these drivers on the net. Would they be suitable for open baffle use? Regards Rajiv
  11. V

McIntosh 2105 rebuild

Hi, I am rebuilding a Mc2105 power amp that I picked up recently. One channel of the amp is dead. I tracked the problem down to these these transistors on the power output section board. Q 108-----132-021 Q110------132-032 Q102--132-031 Q104---132-031 These transistors on the...
  12. V

Jbl 075 /077

Hi, I have been considering a pair of these drivers to extend/improve the HF of my Altec 515b+288-16G system. The recomendations are to go for the JBL 077 tweeter,as the 075 is not as extended and is harsh/bright with a narrow dispersion angle. Despite these negatives I find that the...
  13. V

Jbl 075

Hi, I have been offered a pair of JBL 075 tweeters. I planned to use them with my Altec 288-16G drivers,above 10khz. However after reading several comments on the net stating that they are not good and are harsh and splashy sounding,I am starting to have doubts if it is a good idea to buy...
  14. V

Partridge Transformers

Hi, I found a pair of monoblock amps that use KT88 output tubes,with ECC 83 as input valve and ECC 82 as a phase splitter .The elderly gentleman who built them back in the 60's says that it is a GEC design.The rectifier is a 5U4G/U52 The transformers are made by Partridge and the only...
  15. V

Now gracing our living room

Hi, Great looking cabinets. I have a pair of Altec 605B's,would they work in this cabinet? Regards Rajiv
  16. V

Tannoy HPD refoam questions

Hi, You could try http://www.reconingspeakers.com/ They are official Tannoy repair/service agents. http://www.reconingspeakers.com/products-page/diy-refoam-kits/refoam-kits-11-12/12-tannoy-refoam-kit-rfk12-tannoy/ I have had good experiences with them,having purchased a pair of...
  17. V

Which cabinets for 12" Tannoy Monitor Golds?

Hi, This makes interesting reading. http://www.44bx.com/tannoy/lowq.html Regards Rajiv
  18. V

How many LP-12 owners on AK?

Hi I have a 1986 LP12/Vallhalla /Ittok/Denon 103. I have replaced the belt last year. Regards Rajiv
Back
Top Bottom