Search results

1. Flounder

H/K 730 Input Jack Issue

Hey Doug! Thanks for replying. Are you referring to those fork like tongs coming off the board? How do I get to them to see if they're dirty?
  2. Flounder

H/K 730 Input Jack Issue

Thanks for the speedy replies. I just picked up Niles speaker switch and was planning to get a line level switch next. :)
  3. Flounder

H/K 730 Input Jack Issue

Hi, Friends. I'm having a weird issue with the input jacks on my H/K 730. I often switch line inputs from my H/K to my tube integrated. When I switch back, often the right side has no output. If I move the plug around in place, the sound comes back. I've tested this with different cables so...
  4. Flounder

Tube Integrated with Speaker Switch

These were obviously upgraded. Blue is 8 ohm and red is 16.
  5. Flounder

@TriodeLuvr - question: From the detail of the diagram, would I solder the speaker wire to the leg of the resistor and connect the leg to the terminal? Or can I just hook the speaker wire and the resistor to the terminal? In other words, no need to solder them together just hook them up to...
  6. Flounder

I have no preference. I was just curious but mostly want to protect my tube amp :)
  7. Flounder

Thanks, @peterh. Any specific resistor that you'd recommend?
  8. Flounder

Tube rolling suggestions for more detail retrieval

I just got a couple matched Genalex Gold Lion 12ax7's from Jim McShane. I find them to be very transparent and less colored than other tubes I've tried. They are great in preamps. I gave up trying to find NOS tubes. You might want to reach out to him and explain what you want.
  9. Flounder

Hi, All. I've been reading about the ups and downs of doing this and how a 150 ohm / watt resistor across the speaker taps will add some protection. My tube amp has taps for both 8 ohm and 16 ohm. I will be wiring the 8 ohm tap into a Niles SVC-4 switch that will connect to only 8 ohm...
  10. Flounder

Speaker Selector Switch Opinions

Did anyone get this to work? I'm in the same situation where I'd like to share one set of speakers between a tube integrated and a SS receiver. If a knife switch is a good solution, how exactly is it wired? Sorry if that's a dumb question. My other question is if I use a switch like a...
  11. Flounder

Rotel RCD-855 Tension Springs

Hi, All. I need some tension springs for my Rotel (Part No.: 172-40018 from the service manual). These are the springs that add tension to the lid of the cd player. I'm sure this specific part will be impossible to find. Rotel customer service couldnt help. My question is are these pretty...
  12. Flounder

Harman Kardon branded Tubes

I have a mix of white/grey and yellow. Thanks!
  13. Flounder

My little Pilot sounds so good even with a mash up of various tubes in the preamp section. I was just wondering if I had a matching set if I would notice a difference. What tubes would you recommend if look for a matching set. Right not it's a mix of Amprex, Sovtek, and a few unlabeled...
  14. Flounder

Hi, All. I was dropping off some old PCs at our local electronics recycler this morning and they had a H/K Recital D-200 sitting there and I was able to trade my scraps for it. It came loaded with a full tube compliment (I still have to test them) of all Harman Kardon tubes. Did they make...
  15. Flounder

Harman/Kardon 330c - Intermittent audio in left channel

@dlucy - How are you, my friend? It's been a long time. My beloved 730 is having a similar issue to this older post. I started noticing after switching inputs from my tube amp back to the H/K730. If I fiddle with the input plugs, the sound will come and go. It could be any input - phono or...
  16. Flounder

Looking for a Tube Tech in the Philly Area

Anyone? Bueller?
  17. Flounder

Looking for a Tube Tech in the Philly Area

Hi, All. It's been a while since my Pilot 240 has had a check-up. Its been in storage since last year and I'd like to have it looked to make sure it's healthy. Please let me know if there's any AK'rs in the area who are interested or if you can recommend someone. I checked with Jim Walton but...
  18. Flounder

Pilot 240 Phono Question

Great! Thanks guys.
  19. Flounder

Pilot 240 Phono Question

Hi, All. I love my Pilot 240. It's the sweetest little tube amp ever. It was recapped by a AK'r a few years back and using a CDP, it's magical. However, the phono stage isnt so great. Do I have any options? Can I use an external phono pre-amp? And if so, what input would I use to plug it...
  20. Flounder

CDP Repair in the Philadelphia Area

Hi All. My Rotel RCD-855 has been acting up. The tray wont open anymore, and when I pry it open the disc makes a lot of noise once it's loaded. Any recommendations for repairs around Philadelphia? Is it even worth repairing? I sure does sound good when it's working. Thanks
  21. Flounder

Looking for a Tube Tech in Philly Area

Thanks, Dswankey! I think I'm good. Jim Walton is a stone's throw from my place, and another member reached out too so I have some options. Thanks everyone!
  22. Flounder

Looking for a Tube Tech in Philly Area

Hi, All. I'm looking for a tube tech to look at a '66 Univox U-45B guitar amp that has been sitting unused for many moons. I dont want to fire it up until it's been looked at. I'm guessing it needs a re-cap. Pls PM if you can recommend someone. Thanks!
  23. Flounder

Recapping and repairing a Harman Kardon 730 twin power series stereo receiver

Hi. My name is Louis and I’m an audioholic. I’m game! Tho I am reluctant to muck around. My 730 is perfect. I’ll look for one too.
  24. Flounder

Recapping and repairing a Harman Kardon 730 twin power series stereo receiver

You’re the devil! Performing better? C’mon, Doug you can’t us obsessive nuts to accept such vagueness :D
Back
Top Bottom