Search results

1. Flounder

H/K 730 Input Jack Issue

Hi, Friends. I'm having a weird issue with the input jacks on my H/K 730. I often switch line inputs from my H/K to my tube integrated. When I switch back, often the right side has no output. If I move the plug around in place, the sound comes back. I've tested this with different cables so...
  2. Flounder

Tube Integrated with Speaker Switch

Hi, All. I've been reading about the ups and downs of doing this and how a 150 ohm / watt resistor across the speaker taps will add some protection. My tube amp has taps for both 8 ohm and 16 ohm. I will be wiring the 8 ohm tap into a Niles SVC-4 switch that will connect to only 8 ohm...
  3. Flounder

Rotel RCD-855 Tension Springs

Hi, All. I need some tension springs for my Rotel (Part No.: 172-40018 from the service manual). These are the springs that add tension to the lid of the cd player. I'm sure this specific part will be impossible to find. Rotel customer service couldnt help. My question is are these pretty...
  4. Flounder

Harman Kardon branded Tubes

Hi, All. I was dropping off some old PCs at our local electronics recycler this morning and they had a H/K Recital D-200 sitting there and I was able to trade my scraps for it. It came loaded with a full tube compliment (I still have to test them) of all Harman Kardon tubes. Did they make...
  5. Flounder

Looking for a Tube Tech in the Philly Area

Hi, All. It's been a while since my Pilot 240 has had a check-up. Its been in storage since last year and I'd like to have it looked to make sure it's healthy. Please let me know if there's any AK'rs in the area who are interested or if you can recommend someone. I checked with Jim Walton but...
  6. Flounder

Pilot 240 Phono Question

Hi, All. I love my Pilot 240. It's the sweetest little tube amp ever. It was recapped by a AK'r a few years back and using a CDP, it's magical. However, the phono stage isnt so great. Do I have any options? Can I use an external phono pre-amp? And if so, what input would I use to plug it...
  7. Flounder

CDP Repair in the Philadelphia Area

Hi All. My Rotel RCD-855 has been acting up. The tray wont open anymore, and when I pry it open the disc makes a lot of noise once it's loaded. Any recommendations for repairs around Philadelphia? Is it even worth repairing? I sure does sound good when it's working. Thanks
  8. Flounder

Looking for a Tube Tech in Philly Area

Hi, All. I'm looking for a tube tech to look at a '66 Univox U-45B guitar amp that has been sitting unused for many moons. I dont want to fire it up until it's been looked at. I'm guessing it needs a re-cap. Pls PM if you can recommend someone. Thanks!
  9. Flounder

What's your favorite speaker for a 2245?

Topic says it all. Please let me know what's delivering the magic from your 2245 or similar powered Marantz from the 22xx series. thanks all!
  10. Flounder

Audible Illusions Modulus 1

Hi, All. There's a lot of reviews/posts about AI Modulus 2's and 3's, but I don't see much about the Modulus 1 (not the L1, but the original Modulus). Anybody have any experience with the Modulus 1? I'm considering one. I'd be using it with a Pilot EL84 amp and or the amp section of my H/K...
  11. Flounder

ADS L620 Value

Hi All. I've been ADS curious lately, and have been looking for a pair of L520 or L620 speakers. Any idea what these would be going for? And would they play well with low powered EL84 tubes too?
  12. Flounder

Eico HF-30

Hi, All. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the HF-30 monoblocks? I'm currently using a Pilot 240, which is such a great sounding little integrated amp, but was considering something with a little more power. I love the EL84 sound and am currently using recapped KLH Model 6...
  13. Flounder

ADS L880/2 Speakers Value

What would be the ballpark for a decent set of L880s? And are these efficient enough to drive a 8-10w tube amp? Thanks
  14. Flounder

Marantz 2245 Value

Any ideas on what a really clean 2245 with original wood case is fetching. Lived it’s life in a non-smoking env. It needs a few bulbs, but that’s it.
  15. Flounder

Marantz 2216 Rescue

Hi, All I rescued a little 2216 yesterday that was destined for the dumpster. It came from a cement supply company, and was in a garage in the yard where is was dutifully delivering music all day long. The poor little thing was completely covered in a heavy dust/dirt (It looked like it...
  16. Flounder

Sony TA-2000 Value?

I'm looking at this preamp, which is all original, and was wondering a.) what the value would be, and b.) any info on these? I know they were built around the same time as the STR-6060FW, which I think is a really nice sounding receiver. Would the preamp sound similar? Are they any good? Thanks
  17. Flounder

Pioneer SX-828

I currently have, and really enjoy, my little SX-626. Besides the obvious power upgrade, what else would I gain from upgrading to the 828? How would the phono pre's compare? Soundstage, etc? I'm using KLH Model 6 speakers. The 626 sounds great with the 6's, but I recently had a friend's...
  18. Flounder

Dual 701 Start/Stop not working

Hi, All. I thought I'd give my 1229 a rest, and pulled my 701 into service. It was working great before I disconnected it. It's just been sitting in my spare room (not in a garage or basement), and now the start / stop lever isnt working. The platter spins when I manually move the arm. Any...
  19. Flounder

Wharfedale W70 Speakers

Hi, Al. Would these speakers be over-kill in a spare bedroom set up? The room is pretty small. 14' x 11' I'd be driving them both with tubes and solid state. Thanks
  20. Flounder

Mundorf MCap EVO 12uF 450VDC caps

Anybody try these Mundorfs? I have a pair of Wharfedale W60 (early ones with no suffix) with cones dated 2/65. Just curious if anyone has any experience with these or can recommend a cap for the Wharfies. Thanks
  21. Flounder

Thanks to stereofisher!

Big thanks to a solid member, stereofisher. Way back in January of this year we were discussing Dual 1229 idler wheel noise on a thread with resident Dual expert, NoTransistors. I had followed both of their instructions, but with no positive impact. The conclusion was that the wheel itself was...
  22. Flounder

Conrad Johnson PV-2 Value?

Hi, All. Looking for a CJ PV-2 (or PV-5) and was wondering what to expect in terms of price. thanks
  23. Flounder

Pilot SA-232 Pre-amp Recommendations

Hi, All. As the subject states, I'm looking for Preamp recommendations for a Pilot 232. I realize (from reading here) that the SP-210 from Pilot is the ideal mate, but finding one is nearly impossible, and if one showed up, I'd probably have to mortgage my house to afford it. I'm also...
  24. Flounder

Technics TT Tech in Philly Area?

Hi, All. A friend with a couple older 1200s is looking to have them fully serviced. Can anyone recommend a tech in the area? Thanks
  25. Flounder

Wharfedale W60 Noise coming from speaker

Hi, All. I have a pair of W60s that I bought from the original owner. I am planning to recap them, but have been listening to them unrestored just to check them out. When the volume goes up, a strange sound comes from the woofer (not the tweeter). It sounds like a little motor is running in...
Back
Top Bottom