Search results

1. ChrisAZ

Sansui AU-777A vs all contenders

Thanks for the follow up. I hope your readjustment in Australia goes well for you and your family. I’d love to here more about the high efficiency, horn speakers you’re building and how they compare to your experience with Allisons and Magnepans. I’ve been collecting parts for some horn...
  2. ChrisAZ

Hello, I have a Sony PS 2250 motor unit (same as the 2251 but no plinth or tonearm) that I’d...

Hello, I have a Sony PS 2250 motor unit (same as the 2251 but no plinth or tonearm) that I’d like to have someone recap/restore. Is that something you’d be interested in and do you have any experience with these? I’ve read a few threads where speed issues seemed to get pretty tricky...
  3. ChrisAZ

In response to your add, I’m looking for an SME 3009 head shell with the raised logo. Other...

In response to your add, I’m looking for an SME 3009 head shell with the raised logo. Other varieties would be considered as well.
  4. ChrisAZ

Sansui matching leds needed for TU-9900 and BA2000

Me too. I found another prospect as well that I’m hopeful will be building a full set.
  5. ChrisAZ

Tech needed for TU-9900 upgrades

Thanks for the suggestions. I’m located in Phoenix Arizona. Can a moderator move this to the tuners forum please? (Not sure if this is how it’s done, please direct)
  6. ChrisAZ

Tech needed for TU-9900 upgrades

I’m looking for a good tech that is familiar with upgrading Sansui TU-9900 tuners. Who do you all recommend?
  7. ChrisAZ

I knew that would work! Your the man! Thanks for taking the initiative. Now the next step will be seeing what chips they actually used. Various manufacturers make cyan chips that vary from about 490nm to 515nm. 490 being more on the blue side and 515 being more green.
  8. ChrisAZ

Perfect! That’s exactly what I was hoping someone would do, thank you. I know that the companies that make aquarium lighting and grow lights for plants will happily use whatever color diodes you request. Cyan and aqua colored chips are quite common.
  9. ChrisAZ

I tried him yesterday per your suggestion, thanks. Unfortunately it was a no go, but he was very responsive and had some useful suggestions. I’m still on the hunt. Edit: This was a response to what @greymatter said. I had meant to reply directly with quote but apparently didn’t.
  10. ChrisAZ

I finally snatched up a TU-9900 tuner to go with my CA/BA 2000 combo! Now I need to match the lights. Ideally I’d really really really like to find someone that has the know how to put together a set of matching ’CYAN’ leds for these units. I’ve already tried the light blue, green, warm...
  11. ChrisAZ

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

12. ChrisAZ

Who can identify this vintage speaker

This seems like a possibility.
  13. ChrisAZ

It’s something I ran across on Pinterest. It’s from what looks like a Japanese blog. Here’s another screen shot but I can’t read any of it.
  14. ChrisAZ

Can anyone identify this speaker or is it DIY? It looks manufactured to me. Thanks for any help.
  15. ChrisAZ

Please identify these vintage speakers

What would you consider them comparable to?
  16. ChrisAZ

Thanks everyone. I had actually just figured it out too and was getting ready to post what they were but you guys beat me to it. I love the loves of these!
  17. ChrisAZ

Can any identify these vintage speakers? At first I thought the speaker in this pic was a wharfedale but I don’t think so, then I thought maybe altec or electro voice but I can’t find pics of anything that look like these.
  18. ChrisAZ

Reasonable price for Denon DL-103D or S

I’ll see if I can find it and possibly contact someone that retips/repairs cartridges.
  19. ChrisAZ

I have a Fluke 87 Multimeter but have been told not to ever test a LOMC cartridge with a multimeter because it can cause damage. Any ideas how to test for sure?
  20. ChrisAZ

The stylus and cantilever are in good condition and it plays great out of one channel only so I believe it’s damaged internally which to my understanding is not repairable. I’ve checked and cleaned every other connection in the system and they are all good, the only thing left is the cartridge.
  21. ChrisAZ

What’s are fair price for a good condition Denon DL-103’D’ or S’ version? I don’t see any in Barter Town, eBay prices are running about $350 for the ‘D’ and ‘S’ versions a bit less. I have a DL-103S version that seems to have a dead channel so I’d like to replace it. It came with my Sony...
  22. ChrisAZ

JBL 123a-3 woofer troubles

That did the trick! Thanks again, that’s a big relief. Now I’m back to having a very nice set of these speakers and don’t have to deal with a return.
  23. ChrisAZ

Thanks bimasta I’ll give that a shot too.
  24. ChrisAZ

Thank you Gordon I think that was it! Only it’s not a loose connection but poor conducting due too oxidation on the terminals and the solder joints. I couldn’t get a reading lower than 7.2 from the terminals but when I placed the meter pins directly to the solder joints after scratching the...
  25. ChrisAZ

Hello, I hope everyone is doing as well as possible during the difficult times. I recently purchased a JBL 123a-3 woofer for a considerable investment. It was described as being in excellent physical and mechanical condition with no issues but I just got around to testing it today with a...
Back
Top Bottom