Search results

1. Ntc76

Cerwin Vega RE30 improvements

so I put the RE30 crossovers back in. I also removed 75% of the stuffing from the cabinet but left it in between the ports and some very light polyfill in the top of the cab behind the mid's enclosure kind of floating around near the tweeter. I can't give a comparison to the before and after...
  2. Ntc76

So I hooked them up and you're absolutely spot on. I removed most of the stuffing and tried again, better, but nowhere near the original good sound. At that point I can also hear the midrange speaker getting muddy in the lower octave you mentioned. I am going to put the RE-30 crossover back...
  3. Ntc76

I will definitely take my time and make it look good, pictures will follow.
  4. Ntc76

I ordered some AT15 tweeters. Thanks.
  5. Ntc76

Great, thanks. I see you love the CV's. I do too, but these are only my second pair and my first experience tweaking on them.
  6. Ntc76

see that is what I'm trying to find out. some critics say the mid on the RE-30 sounds hollow and they like the VS 120 better. I can't find much at all on speaker specifications, but I'm thinking the mids may be the same. As far as stuffing the cabinet on a ported cab, I'm just curious and...
  7. Ntc76

I got these RE30's on ebay. Replaced the foam surrounds, and couldn't help but notice the cabinets were like all the right material, but it was like they were rushed together. The cross bracing was loose. So I squeezed some gorilla glue in there that expands and tightened it up. Also, both...
  8. Ntc76

TRIO W-45 Integrated EL84 Amplifier

Hello James, it has been 10 years, so I hope you are still around ;) I recently acquired one of these amps and know zero about them. Mine says Hamlin's W45.
  9. Ntc76

Harman Kardon A300...Worth a Restore?

I bought an a300 based on your words, and I have to say THANKS! Do you think the a700 would be just as good only more powerful? One reason I ask is because the a700 gives the option for 4ohm outputs and I want the same beauty my a300 produces to run my epi m201's at 4ohms. The a300 with the...
  10. Ntc76

Polk Audio Monitor 10 cap upgrade kits...??

Yes, THANK YOU. Well folks, I think I have all of the confidence I need go ahead and buy these caps, resistors, and make these puppies sing again. I read the other post and indeed, that's exactly what I have. After reading so much about these Monitor 10s, I had to find some, and I was more...
  11. Ntc76

Wow, thank you MCM_Fan and thank you F1nut. I will replace with the same kind. As far as capacitance goes, is there any leeway at all? Or better put, what effect does it have on the tweeter if capacitance is increased? The other two caps, are they for the 6503's only, is one for mids and the...
  12. Ntc76

Yes, but why is it 16uf to begin with? Is that abnormal? All of the schematics I see show them to be 12uf. And, all the people talking on the forums mention 12uf. I believe I have the sl-2500 tweeter, but I'm not 100%. When I get home from work in the morning I will check. I was hoping to...
  13. Ntc76

Thank you very much for chiming in. I work nights so I'm just now seeing this. On the side of the yellow Mylar cap is says 16k100v. That threw me off. I could not find any caps 16uf. What do you recommended I go back with? Any idea why they used 16uf rather than 12uf? Do you happen to...
  14. Ntc76

Will he see this because we put @F1nut ?
  15. Ntc76

Thanks for the lead. I will do that.
  16. Ntc76

Here is another angle of the crossover showing the model. And the other pic is the schematic I used to order parts with before I looked inside. I ordered the parts while I was at work...smh Thanks!
  17. Ntc76

Hello, can you please help me with I'D of the big yellow one? This is out of the back of my Monitor 10 series 2. I ordered caps based off of the schematic, and I don't think this is the same.
  18. Ntc76

Epi M201, Really, Really Nice

So I'm GUESSING the crossovers are different, I read the dif between a 20+ and a 20- is a 20uf cap vs 10uf cap. Not sure if this is bull corn or not.
  19. Ntc76

Well, I'm not 100% on this, but just by looking at the back of the epicure 20 and the back of the 201's I can see a couple differences. The 201's have a selector switch to go from 4ohm to 16ohms. The switch only shows 4 on the left, 16 on the right, but I notice that it is a 3 position switch...
  20. Ntc76

Age of this Sherwood S-5500 Amp?

Well thank you very much! I sincerely appreciate the help :)
  21. Ntc76

Well I have to sincerely thank all of you who contributed your knowledge of these great speakers. Your comments pushed me to go get these beauties. I had to sacrifice sleep because I've been working 7-12's on nights, and drove 2 hours away between shifts to go get them. And even then, I paid...
  22. Ntc76

Age of this Sherwood S-5500 Amp?

Hello, I would really appreciate any literature you have on the S-5500. I just bought one today. :)
  23. Ntc76

Polk Monitor 10's?

What is the difference between the 10a and the series 2?
  24. Ntc76

From the workbench: Magnavox 6L6 Stereo Integrated Amp Conversion, take 3

That is something to be proud of right there. I wish I could hear it. Amazing. What speakers did he settle on?
  25. Ntc76

PTs and OTs

I've decided I'm gonna try this. Thanks!
Back
Top Bottom