Search results

1. P

No good stereo installers in this town. LOL.

Those guys wearing clown costumes deserve all they get as in lost trade. The first week of January I asked a builder who lives 3 minutes walk away to repair some leaking gutters,not happened. It was a test to check how reliable he was as Im about to spend 10k on home improvements,hes lost that...
  2. P

Headshell Choice??? Kenwood KP-990

Sorry for your loss.
  3. P

Stress Crack

That would have been my suggestion too,though I will add that lids are brittle and if the drill was to snatch,or excessive vibration the crack would spread, I would put a few layers of masking tape on the outside of the lid,and a flattened ball of Patastercine or such on the inside and drill...
  4. P

Curious if anybody has calculated their per play cost for a LP

Have you finished about bragging,its getting boring.
  5. P

Before they was called that they was called Years,Google map 452 Rochdale Road Middleton,Manchester,my Auntie Pauline lived next door and I helped to glue the sleeves of their debut single. 452 was the home of the Coogans,so also helping out was Steve Coogan the actor and Martin Coogan who...
  6. P

OH,OH,OH,Swamp Thing,Burgess was 2 years above me at school,now lives in Berlin but still tours,they was a good band,bad management,
  7. P

Unless there is a body in the rear of that vehicle,that car is unstable,you are insured?
  8. P

Drag race as in RuPaul? Vinyl and size 10 high heels,thats some budget. A hero in my eyes. Bravo sir.
  9. P

Collecting records might be a hobby to you,for me its a long and often mind and wallet blowing addiction.
  10. P

Snake oil

I dont work for them anymore,and I bear them no good will.
  11. P

Snake oil

Though if something is shoddily made,say a cars handbrake lever comes off in your hand the first time its used then the term. "This f*****g useless pile of Mickey Mouse s***e",could well be used. Its an odd language is English,Im convinced it evolved from these Isles for the sole purpose of...
  12. P

Snake oil

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taking_the_piss :beerchug:
  13. P

Snake oil

Im only going off what Commissioning Engineers have told me,Im just a lowly Fitter. Theres a high number of vessels in your Naval Dockyards that have had their switchgear serviced in that way and if the US Navy is happy Im not in a position to question that. Other greases were trialed from time...
  14. P

Snake oil

Vasaline,When I worked on high voltage,electrical contacts were cleaned with Brasso then smeared with Vasaline,its a pure petroleum jelly,it is conductive and it keeps the contacts clean. And its cheap plus you probably already own it.
  15. P

More on the fallout of the Apollo Masters fire

I believe Jack White bought Rainbos pressing plant,so soon after that cash up I carnt see Third Man going without lacquers,hopefully they will be at the forefront with others of setting up a new factory.
  16. P

Aerosmith

Not too clear what they are but if your prepared to cross the pond,its yours,for good will I will though in a few Cornish pasties,they are lovely.and some cheese,we make good cheese.
  17. P

Aerosmith

Well said sir. Ive got one of these with the valves that I cannot give away.. https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/mcintosh_audio_compensator_c_8s.html
  18. P

Why the disdain towards direct-drive TTs from some audiophiles?

You cannot even spell the word. an interesting post.
  19. P

Aerosmith

Play them,they are only worth what somebody is prepared to pay for them and they arn't collectable. RSD copies were numbered @5,000 and they are still available cheaply. https://www.discogs.com/Aerosmith-Toys-In-The-Attic/release/4493898 Enjoy what you've bought.
  20. P

How level is level?

The Greeks,Romans and Egyptians managed with water levels,though Starrett?As a mechanical engineer I much prefer Moore & Wright with a granite surface plate,though lasers and Faro arms make things easy. :)
  21. P

Obvious Design Mistakes?

It means your not too aware of European quality and safety directives though professing to know otherwise.
  22. P

How to set anti-skate without a test record?

I use the b side to this. https://www.discogs.com/Madonna-Justify-My-Love-Remix/release/2760926 Musically it sounds much better than the a side.
Back
Top Bottom