Search results

1. I LIKE MUSIC

Can anybody identify this?

It is not easy to, but taking a wild guess, it looks like a leaf switch. Possible part of the muting circuit for the turntable audio during the change cycle.
  2. I LIKE MUSIC

Reserved Parking for "Green Vehicles"

Just because you may see some empty spots does not mean that many times I have not see the spots full or had people park in the manner I described. Of course your blanket statements (four of six spots always open when a lot of places I go may only have one or two HC spots) mean I will never...
  3. I LIKE MUSIC

Reserved Parking for "Green Vehicles"

"Even ifsome jack a$$ decides to park in onewithout need, it's not causing a realissue." I can tell you that for me and others that have legitimate handicaps it is. I need the space afforded be the van accessible spaces. Leaving aside that every step that I take can be an adventure in pain...
  4. I LIKE MUSIC

A cent or two about Sensitivity.

"had 20 db less efficiency than " By the way efficiency is not measured in decibels it is measured in percent And the efficiency of a passive speaker is always less than 1 Speaker sensitivity is measured in decibels per unit of voltage/power and distance From back in the days when I tried to...
  5. I LIKE MUSIC

Impedance Mismatch

"Constant-voltage speaker systems are also commonly referred to as 25-, 70-, 70.7-, or 100-volt speaker systems; distributed speaker systems; or high-impedance speaker systems. In Canada and the US, they are most commonly referred to as 70-volt speakers. In Europe, the 100 V system is the most...
  6. I LIKE MUSIC

Stacking dipoles for enhanced rx

In a perfect world stacking two identical antennas or result in a 3 decibel increase in signal strength If you use the standard to Port hybrid combiner to combine the two antennas it will have about a 3 DB insertion loss so you will lose about what you gain In the commercial RF world...
  7. I LIKE MUSIC

Stacking dipoles for enhanced rx

the online specs it should be about 56 in Long Quick calculation off the top of my head tells me that a half wave antenna for 98 MhZwould be about 57 inches The matching Network in the base of the antenna that matches the several thousand ohm impedance of an end fed half wave antenna to the...
  8. I LIKE MUSIC

MA2275 Phono Stage Interference Help - Stumped!

"Did you ask your tech about it?"
  9. I LIKE MUSIC

Speaker cable gauge considerations

Sorry It does appear as if you were the one that was asking the question about how to do it
  10. I LIKE MUSIC

"There certainly isn't any voltage difference between a braided or twisted cable and an unbraided cale but there's a sonic difference" Not exactly If there is a discernible difference in sound quality then by definition there must be a difference in the voltage going to the speaker The...
  11. I LIKE MUSIC

Again it's all about our friend Ohm's law and the input impedance of your DMM which is likely 10 megohms A quick small amount of back-of-the-envelope math the current flowing is going to be in the small micro amp range and unless your DMM has a lot of digits and a fair amount of accuracy you...
  12. I LIKE MUSIC

Your indoor antenna show them to me.

It is a basic 4 Bay UHF antenna It's frequency coverage range is basically from about 470 megahertz to about 890 megahertz This is somewhat above the frequency of the FM broadcast band When it comes to receiving antennas it's all about the amount of signal that is available for the antenna to...
  13. I LIKE MUSIC

Speaker Output from Battery Radio: AC or DC?

Remember that the OP ask about a battery-operated operated radio and would be safe to say will likely only have a single power supply rail as in my examples
  14. I LIKE MUSIC

The picture below shows the wave form of the amplifier Note the waveform on the right side of the schematic which is the output of this audio amplifier Also notice audio amplifiers powered by direct current The center horizontal line of the waveform on the right side of the schematic is...
  15. I LIKE MUSIC

See the picture It is a very simple direct current powered audio amplifier Note to test amplifier is operating from 9 volts direct current Also note that there's a capacitor between the transistor and the speaker the capacitor blocks the 9 volts of direct current but will pass an audio...
  16. I LIKE MUSIC

Need help please - HH Scott Amp speaker wiring assistance

"This receiver has inputs for 2 sets of speakers." And just to be clear They are the speaker output connections not inputs connections And to the original poster if you notice on the front of your receiver you have push button selections for speaker 1 and speaker 2 so be sure to select...
  17. I LIKE MUSIC

Shield Connections - This Way or That Way???

When it comes to a complete circuit it is all about where the source starts where it goes what happens to it along the way and how it gets back home to the beginning What is typically called the ground connection is actually what more accurately should be called the return path for the signal...
  18. I LIKE MUSIC

McIntosh Sentry

It is called a triac think of it as a solid state electronic switch that turns on when it receives a necessary control signal By the way back in the day this type of protection circuit was called a crowbar protection circuit
  19. I LIKE MUSIC

This is true if it's standard coaxial cable with a single center conductor and an outer Shield If there are two conductors that is a signal carrying conductor and the conductor for the return then using a single point grounded Shield as in the examples "N" and"O" in my above post
  20. I LIKE MUSIC

It is true that if there is not an issue with unwanted common mode current and induced noise into a audio system via the interconnecting cables then there will be little or no difference with the addition of ferrite common-mode chokes That does not mean that common mode currents do not exist...
  21. I LIKE MUSIC

it can be more effective because it can help to mitigate unwanted common mode current on the outside of the Shield while still providing shielding for the signal carrying conductors. Ferrite chokes are also used to help mitigate The Unwanted impact of common-mode current on the outside of the...
  22. I LIKE MUSIC

it can be dependent upon its implementation and the particular claims made by the cable manufacturer However the math science and physics of what is known as sleeve decoupling and shielding is well-known and well understood In simple terms it keeps what's on the inside of the Shield in this...
  23. I LIKE MUSIC

What type of distortion is sibilance ?

Just a little light reading In terms of sibilance in speech https://theproaudiofiles.com/vocal-sibilance/ And again our friend Timbre will come into play Timber is the characteristic of a musical note because of the harmonics (higher frequency content) that are contained in the musical note...
  24. I LIKE MUSIC

How close do tweeters need to be to prevent comb filtering?

Comb filtering and time of arrival in this case are not necessarily the same thing Using the example given above around 500 Hz which would give you a wavelength of about 27 in or half a wavelength of about half that amount Musical notes have what is called Timbre It is what allows us to...
Back
Top Bottom