Search results

1. Brad6260

Help incorporating an 8 track into my system ?

Thanks weed. That' what I needed to know. Good news is I believe my option "two" should work fine as a straight forward line out /line in connect. Bay City Rollers, Sean Cassidy here I come. Thanks again for the assist.
  2. Brad6260

Help incorporating an 8 track into my system ?

For nostalgic purposes I would like to add a vintage 8 track player into my current set up. My question is can I use the RCA connects on the Craig unit pictured and marked as "speakers" as inputs into my pre amp Tape 2 position pictured as well ? Appreciate opinions.
  3. Brad6260

Thiel: Educate Me

Opinions if my Acurus A150 has enough power to mate adequately with a pair of CS-3.5's ? Thanks.
  4. Brad6260

How to determine one's upgrade priorities ?

Shadow, some very good points and observations. Let me try to address your curiosity. My #1 objective in new gear was to achieve the best clarity and detail I can afford. I felt the prior set up was very good for what it was but always had an underlying muddiness and lack of separation and...
  5. Brad6260

How to determine one's upgrade priorities ?

Thanks again to all who provided their thoughts and opinions. I wanted to follow up now that my changes and new gear is here and been in place for a couple of weeks. I did decide to retire my CR-820 receiver and after a lot of research and budget considerations I went with a Bryston 11b pre amp...
  6. Brad6260

Sequential Power Conditioners? Worthwhile for mid-fi system?

So after brain picking/boring many on this forum and others I have finally assembled my poor man's system. Acurus A 150 amp, Bryston 11b Pre. While considering which switched vs non switched plugs to use off the preamp I started reading up on power conditioners with sequential power up/down...
  7. Brad6260

Just how dramatic is the gap between the C2/M2 and C4/M4 ?

Not to hijack my own thread but anyone have experience with an AS2000 integrated and if so would an integrated of this level fall into the same acoustic discussion comparing it to the C4/M4?
  8. Brad6260

Thanks 808. What you say makes sense. Dilemma is there is such a big gap between the M4 and M2 in price. At $350ish for M4's and darn near a grand for the M2 it opens up an awful lot of used big name amps that fall into that price catagory. Appreciate the good suggestions.
  9. Brad6260

To throw a different twist into the equation. Would the C4/M4 stand up against a somewhat newer Bryston like a .5b or 11B in your opinion? And yes I realize they are apples to oranges in many ways.
  10. Brad6260

Bryston Model 11B Review

Good input that is much appreciated.
  11. Brad6260

Can always count on you Avionic's. Thank you. So can I interpret your response to mean the audio qualities are comparable and the C4M/4 is the bang for buck if the additional wattage is not a priority?
  12. Brad6260

Looking to make a jump up from my CR 820. Like to the go the separate route. I can only afford a C2a and M4 or an M2 and C4. Sad but true. KEF Q 90 speakers. Opinions? Thanks
  13. Brad6260

Bryston Model 11B Review

Thanks cap. That's a bummer as I thought I had found a good quality solution to my search. Regards.
  14. Brad6260

Bryston Model 11B Review

New to the preamp world so I appreciate any help. Looking at a Bryston 11B and a .5B. I see that a 12B has a "step up" stage for MC cartridges and the 11B does not. Does that mean the 11B is not suitable to use with a MC cartridge like the Sumiko I have? Where does the .5B fall into the MC...
  15. Brad6260

Older Threshold amp- What to have the techs check out?

V Extremely helpful Alan. Thanks !
  16. Brad6260

Lavane my understanding is that these caps are the same physical dems as the OEM. Preamp is an old Bryston .5B.
  17. Brad6260

Freddy, I have two speaker to work with. KEF Q90's and a pair of K Heresy's.
  18. Brad6260

In digging in deep researching any thoughts and history I can find on the S/150 I am hoping to buy, it appears that the best rehab/service options are (#1) as Spec2man pointed out is Jon Solderberg who appears to be the guru. Unfortunately I am a poor man doing my best to assemble a quality...
  19. Brad6260

Thanks for the suggestions.
  20. Brad6260

Hoping to get my hands on a Threshold S/150 soon. Will be my first separate and I will not have much history on it other than it's "operating properly". My question is other than a general clean up and look over by a good local tech are there things specific to this amp or amps like this that I...
  21. Brad6260

C 2 as a budget preamp or better options ?

WOW. Sounds like I need to qualify if the ad I saw for a C-2 that's in my budget is legit.
  22. Brad6260

C 2 as a budget preamp or better options ?

Newbie entering into the separates for first time and need a budget preamp with a terrific phono section to mate with a M4 amp. Reading reviews of the C2 everyone quickly goes to the C2a model as far better but it's way beyond my meager $300-400 budget. So my question is in my budget range...
  23. Brad6260

Yamaha M4 power amp

Makes sense now. Thanks
Back
Top Bottom